Status: Comment!! Hope You Like it!!!! <3

More Than This

Chapter 23

My heart was beating so fast, it felt like any moment it may just pop right out of my chest.

“What’s going on?” Jacob asked petrified. I’d lost all track of time as I slipped into deep sleep before. But I think more people are in the room.

“She’s trying to wake up Jacob,” Carlisle explained calmly.

I wasn’t sure what to expect. Maybe like in the movies…when the person comes out of a coma gasping for breath…or maybe I’ll have a sporadic seizure and then wake up…hmmm…

“Come on Rosie,” Jake whispered encouragement as my heart beat continued to increase. A great deal of pressure built up in my chest and I felt the need to expel it somehow. I began coughing, desperate for air. My eyes slowly opened after my coughing fit.

“Jakey?” my voice came out raspy from lack of use.

“Oh god, Rosalie,” Jacob’s warmth enraptured me.

“Sorry for the anti-climactic wake up guys,” I said to the pack who surrounded my bed. All were wearing looks of relief. My voice was still breathy and quiet, but it’s better than nothing.

“Ten bucks Quil!” Embry cheered turning toward the defeated tribe member.

“So what if she didn’t have a Hollywood dramatic type reviving, at least you’re up little Rose. You know it’s really boring watching you,” Quil easily handed over the ten dollars.

“I’m sorry I bored you big Quil,” I said sarcastically.

“Well, Rosalie your stats look amazing for someone so badly injured. How do you feel?” Carlisle asked tentatively as he looked over a clip board filled with papers.

“Sore,” I said simply as the full brunt of pain came to view. Every piece of my body hurt horribly.

“It was a blow to your ribs. You’re lucky no internal organs were punctured. We patched everything up and I have you prescribed for heavy medication and bed rest for a few weeks. Someone out there must be looking out for you Rosalie,” Carlisle said kindly before giving his farewells and leaving the room.

Soon, the rest of the inhabitants of my hospital room began to clear out. Leaving Jacob and I. Well, until the door opened back up and there stood my father holding Giselle.

“Mommy!” Giselle yelled upon seeing me.

“Sprout be careful. Your mommy is in pain right now. Okay?” my dad asked the four year old, who shook her head wildly.

Giselle was sat down next to me and I cradled her, ignoring the throbbing pains. “Hi baby girl.”

“I missed you, Mommy. Grampy said you were staying with the doctor and I couldn’t come visit till now,” she pouted.

“I’m sorry Ellie. Mommy was sick, but she’s okay now. I missed you too, my little princess,” I placed a delicate kiss on her tiny forehead.

“And you,” she pointed directly at Jake. “Where have you been Jakey?” Her tough act made me giggle, but laughing hurt…a lot.

“I was watching Mommy to make sure she’d get better soon little lady,” Jake explained with a bright smile.

“But Da…Jakey, you were supposed to play dollies with me!” her little eyes got watery. The girl could pull off the puppy dog look like it’s her job.

“Well, I had to get things together. But how would you like to play dollies with me everyday?” he asked Giselle.

Her immediate answer was to throw herself into Jake’s arms. Unfortunately, I was between her and Jake. Giselle’s tiny body landed on top of my own and the pain ricocheted to every bone.

“Ouff,” was the only noise to come out.

“Giselle,” Jake said sternly as he picked her up at super speed. “What did your Grandpa say about Mommy?”

“That Mommy was hurt and I had to be careful,” she recited with her head down.

“You need to be careful or Mommy might have to stay here longer. I don’t want that do you?” Giselle rapidly shook her head.

“I’m sorry Mommy,” she said sadly.

“It’s okay Giselle, I know you didn’t mean it sweetheart.” My dad stood on the sidelines with a soft smile, like he had his own little secret.

“So, Jacob what about you playing with Giselle everyday?” my father probed.

“Well, Rosalie, Giselle. I found a house by the ocean and with the money I had saved up from working at the Auto Shop I bought it.”

He bought us a house?

“You bought us a house?” I asked shocked beyond belief.

“If you’re willing to live with me, I’d like to start a family with you and Giselle,” he spoke softly unsure of my answer.

“But, Jake you need to go to school in the fall,” I said not wanting to burden him.

“I’m going to go back to school and work after school at the Auto Shop. Then when I graduate, Benny the owner promised to pass the shop ownership to me.”

“Jake, you’re so young,” I argued. “You can’t want a family already.”

“All I know Rosalie, is I want you and Giselle in my life for as long as I live,” Jacob said proudly.

“I’d love more than anything to be with you forever Jacob Black,” I whispered as my eyes grew watery.

“We already moved all your stuff, Rose. In hopes you’d be able to come home, to your own home,” my dad spoke with his own teary eyes.

“Oh Daddy,” I breathed softly. “I love you.”

“I love you too, Peanut,” my dad placed a soft kiss on my cheek. “I’m gonna go look for some hospital jello.”

My dad walked out the door, hurriedly wiping under his eyes. “Always the tough guy right?” Jake joked lightly.

“I can’t believe you bought a house,” I said in wonderment.

“Yeah, but the house is just a symbol. A symbol of our family coming together,” Jacob explained happily.

“When Giselle was little, she always used to ask why the other kids had Daddys, but she never did,” I said gently stroking Giselle’s head as she looked between Jake and I. “I want her to have a Daddy Jake and I want that Daddy to be you.”

“You mean I can call Jakey, Daddy now?” Giselle asked as her eyes began to sparkle with pure excitement.

“That’s better than the damn house,” Jacob stuttered out. “I’d be honored to be your Daddy Giselle.”

“Yay!” Giselle screeched flinging herself on Jake. This time though, Jake picked her up in time so she wouldn’t land on me. “Now we’re one big happy family like Shrek and Fiona!”

“She’s moved past Princess and the Frog?” Jake mouthed to me quietly.

“I can’t believe it, but it seems that way.”

“Mommy?” Giselle asked sweetly.

“Yeah sunshine,” I answered.

“Can we have a party? One with Uncle Quil and Uncle Embry and Uncle Sammy and Aunt Emily and Claire and everybody else?”

“I think you should ask your dad,” I spoke softly, feeling every ounce of the words I spoke.

“Daddy, can we?” Giselle asked. You could see the exuberant happiness on her face. She finally got someone to call Daddy, someone that’ll be around for quite some time.

“We can make that happen. A welcome home party for Mommy,” the happiness was mirrored on Jacob’s face as well.

“I love you Jacob Black,” I said with the most meaning. Nothing in this world could come between us, not even the stuff of fairytales.

“I love you Rosalie Evans.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I love cheezy-ness!! Hope you enjoyed and sorry for the wait...I'm not sure if there will be one or two more chapters...

But if you haven't read my other Twilight story about Paul...you totally should....it's called Fight For This Love...and if you love Jacob and Rosalie...then you should check out that story because they'll be making appearances soon!!!

I'm sorry this is so long but....I'm going to be away for a week...so I can't even think about writing :( I'll have no computer access....bummmer yes...but then I'll be pretty much free for the summer to write!!

Please COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE!!!!!