The Perfect Guy-Or Totally Not

The Day We Met

We were six when we first met. The swings was where. I was sitting on the swings, swinging. Minding my own business, I was, when Jr. came over.

"You don't swing right," he told me.

Now, I think you should know that he was the bully of kindergarten. I think he is in boot camp now.

"Nu uh," I told him. "I do!"

"If you say so," he said starting to walk away.

"Wait!" I called after him.

He looked back at me and I asked, "Will you show me?"

"Nope,"

"Please?" I asked, with my best puppy face.

"Okay, okay," he said coming and pushing me so high and then off the swing.

I fell on my knees, and I barley heard my one knee crack over him laughing. But I felt the pain come. I went into tears and off Jr. ran.

"Are you otay?" I heard a unfamiliar voice ask.

I looked up but no one was there anymore. I looked all over the playground, the swings, the merry-go round, everywhere- but couldn't find who said it.

Then a boy walked over to me with the teacher.

"Sorry, I left to get the teacher," I heard the same voice say.

I nodded.

"Annie, are you okay?" The teacher asked.

"Na-na-no," I replied shaking.

"Go to the office and have the call the ambulance," My teacher said to the boy-after examining my knee.

I watched the boy run off into the building. He was wearing a awesome pair of sketchers-you know the kind that light up. He also was wearing a neon blue shirt with the words, "Cant say it tom," a quote from my favorite show now and then. Lastly he was wearing camouflage shorts.

The next thing I knew I was in the ambulance with the boy and my teacher.

"Annie!" He said as I opened my eyes.

"Hi," I replied. Then the pain came and I screamed.

"Can you tell me your name?" I asked him trying to distract myself because I was a big girl and couldn't show him I was in pain.

"Your name,"

"What?"

"You told me to tell you 'your name',"

I sighed, "But did you know what I meant?"

"Yes ma`am!" He said doing the thing that soldiers did. "Its America,"

That was the day I met him. The whole day he had me laughing, to have my ignore my pain. I ended up having a broken leg. He was my helped in school, I was in a wheel chair, and he always pushed it.