Status: Completed. Sequel will be up and started soon.

What's the Difference?

OMG

Seriously? He left me after everything that was said...I practically begged him to stay...

He just left me...sobbing into Jasmin's shoulder...and left to...to leave me...


I stood there staring at where Cayden's mother's car was a half an hour ago.

Feeling a tap on my shoulder, I looked over to see Jasmin with an apologetic look on her face.

"Kelly...we have to go. I didn't tell mom or dad where we were going, and they're most likely worried by now. Let's go home and I'll stay with you tonight. We'll have a movie night like we used to when we were little." she said and half dragged me to her car.

Walking through the front door, I got attacked by my worried mother. Her arms went around me and I broke down once more. I could tell my mom didn't really understand why I was sobbing again, so I looked up at my mom.

"Mom....Cayden's gone....he...he left me...to go to a mental hospital all the way in England I think...and he...he saw Danny kissing me...” I muttered, half in my own little world.

She gasped, and then I heard Jasmin explain the rest to her. I fell on the ground, and felt my world shatter into a million different pieces. My Cayden is gone, and now I have no one. No one to hug, or kiss, or watch TV with or eat pancakes with...just....emptiness...

I couldn't feel a thing as Jasmin wrapped her arms around me and took me into the living room so I wouldn't be on the floor anymore. I barely even noticed the fact that my “Father” was there watching TV.

“Why is the fucking fag crying?”

Through my blurry eyes, I saw Jasmin stand up and glare at him.

“Shut the fuck up! Can't you see that your son is having a hard enough time dealing with the fact that his boyfriend just left to go all the way around the world to some mental hospital? He really doesn't need your negativity right now. Nor did he ever need it. Kelly needs a father, not some douche bag who lives here and does nothing else to help out our family! So if you want to continue being a fuckface, I suggest you get the hell out of here and don't come back!”

I nearly gasped. She just bitched out our “Dad” and said fuck and hell and called him a douche bag...? That's the most pissed off I've seen her in my entire 17 years of living. Damn...

George gaped at her in shock, and then all I could hear was footsteps upstairs. A couple minutes later, I heard the front door open, then slam shut. Father Dearest is gone...who cares?
I started laughing hysterically at the fact that he was actually gone. I knew for a fact that Jasmin wasn't going to let him back in the house now. So he truly was gone. No more getting yelled at for being gay, or being called a fag or fairy or anything else by him. It felt amazing already.

I got the weirdest stares from both my mom and Jasmin as I continued to laugh. By the time I was done, I think they wanted to ship me off to a mental facility also.

“Sorry, that's just a relief to me. After all these years of having to deal with his words and criticism and hear him tell me I wasn't good enough to be his son...he's gone...it feels amazing...” I said and smiled happily. Jasmin started laughing and then sat beside me on the couch.

“Don't worry Kelly. Every thing's gonna be okay. Mom and I will find out which hospital Cayden is at and you can call him if you want. And...George..isn't allowed in this house anymore. I'll make sure of that.” Ha! I knew she wouldn't let him back in this house!

“Thank you Jasmin. For every thing.” I said as I hugged her.

She nodded and then pulled me upstairs with Mom and they started to search.

“Oh, and you have to search for them in Europe. Not England, Mom.” Jasmin corrected and smiled at me.

“How about we look tomorrow instead? I'm sure Kelly is tired from all the crying he's been doing, and I feel as if I've gotten hit by a truck with every thing that's happened this week. Let's all go to bed and I'll look tomorrow when I wake up.” Mom said and Jasmin agreed. I sighed and went with them to my room.

Mom tucked me in for the first time in 7 years and kissed my forehead. “Like your sister said, don't worry. She and I have it under control and we'll let you call Cayden as soon as we find the number. Just sleep.” I nodded and said goodnight to the both of them.

Throughout the night, I couldn't have a peaceful sleep. I kept waking up screaming. In my dream, it kept replaying that day and I didn't want to relive it in my dreams. After hours of trying to not sleep, I fell asleep and stayed that way until about 2:00pm. I woke up and immediately jumped out of bed and ran into the computer room. I saw a number written on a Post-It note attached to the screen of the computer and grabbed it. Latnem Enasni Asylum. An Asylum? Isn't that for crazy people? Cayden's not crazy...oh..but he said mental hospital so that must've meant for crazy people.
I dialed the number on the home phone and waited until someone answered.

[Hello, this is the Latnem Enasni Asylum. How may I help you?]

“Uh..hello. Do you have a patient by the name of Cayden Markson?”
[Hold on one moment, and I'll check for you.]

There was the sound of typing and then I heard the woman pick up the phone again.

[Yes, there is. He just came in very early this morning. Would you like me to connect you to his room?]

I sighed with relief and smiled. “Yes please. That would be wonderful. Thank you.”

[You're welcome sir. Just hold on a moment.]

A couple minutes later the phone was ringing and then it was answered after the second ring.

[Hello?] Oh my gosh, that's not Cayden's voice? Why is that not Cayden's voice? They're allowed to have room mates? What in the hell? Oh my gosh, what if they're all gay?!

“Hello, may I please speak to Cayden?”

[Yeah, hold on. I'll get him.] Was what I heard through the phone and then he called Cayden's name. A minute later there was static through the phone and then I heard his voice.

[Hello? Who is this?]

“Hey Cayden...it's Kelly...I was just wondering if you got there okay and everything...”

[Oh, yeah apparently I got here just fine...]

“That's good. Uhmm...Cayden..why did someone else answer the phone instead of you? And why was it a guy who sounded more rainbow than you?” I asked hesitantly, not really wanting to know the answer.

[Don't worry Kelly. It's just my room mate Damian. And yes we're allowed to have room mates here. They don't want us feeling like we're in prison. And I guess so that we can look out for each other. I really don't know. But yes, Damian is gay. And no, nothing is gonna happen between him and I. You know that I love you, and I have to stay here for my own good.]

I sighed and a slight sob escaped through my lips. “A-...Alright Cayden...I trust you. I'll let you get off the phone then since you're supposed to be getting better and I'm not letting you if I'm talking to you. I'll talk to you...whenever I guess...Bye Cayden. Love you...” I said and didn't wait for him to say anything. I hung up and then the sobs got worse.

“Oh my god....he has a gay room mate there with him...that stupid guy gets to be there with my boyfriend while I have to stay away from him...I hate this...” I muttered to myself and then went downstairs.

When I got down there I had arms around me. Apparently belonging to Jasmin.

“It's okay Kelly. He's not gonna do anything bad while he's there. He's there to get better, not find someone else. You know he loves you, so don't worry. When he's better, he'll come back and you can be happy together.” she said as she continued to hug me.

“Okay...” I murmured and then took her arms off of myself and sat down at the kitchen table. “So I talked to him. What are we gonna do now?” I asked Mom and Jasmin.

“Why don't we go to the park? I let you sleep in so you didn't have to go to school today.” Jasmin suggested and then pulled me towards the door. I pulled my arm away and shook my head.

“I can't go to the park in this.” I said and motioned towards the pajamas I was currently wearing.

“Fine, I'll give you....20 minutes. Hurry up. We need to get you out of this house.” I nodded my head and then ran upstairs to my room. Changing into red skinny jeans, a Motionless In White band tee, I slipped on my checkered Vans and then ran to my bathroom to apply my eyeliner so it would kind of cover up the fact that I had been crying for a good portion in the last 2 days. Grabbing my cell phone, I ran back down the stairs and to the living room where Jasmin was waiting.

“Wow...that only took you 15 minutes. I think that's a record for you.” she teased me and then we walked outside to her car. Going to the park was a 10 minute walk I didn't want to do at the moment.

When we got there, I headed straight for the swings, only to notice that the only one open was by a cute guy on the swing next to it. Cute guy? I shouldn't be thinking about how cute he is. I should be waiting impatiently until Cayden comes back here. He's the only guy I should be thinking about....but that guy is still cute...

I sat on the swing and pushed myself to get a good start. I felt the air hit my face and blow my hair back and I smiled for the first time in hours. Swinging could always put me in a good mood, even when I wanted to cry like I wanted to do at this exact time. I pushed the tears back and closed my eyes as the air hit every time I swung upward. Suddenly, the swing stopped and I flew forward. I gasped in pain as a couple wood chips cut into me and got caught in my skin. Opening my eyes, I got up from the ground and heard laughing from beside me.

“Is it your first day swinging? Weren't you taught to keep your feet up while you swing? Not leave them dangling so they hit the ground.”

I looked up and saw the cute guy that was on the swing next to me laughing and giving me a questioning look.

“Oh, yeah. I must've forgotten. I got caught up in just swinging I guess...” I said and started to walk away to go find Jasmin. A hand caught my arm and held me where I was standing.

“Hold up. I didn't mean to offend you. But I just thought all cute guys knew how to swing.” I heard him say and quickly turned around.

“If your trying to compliment me, making fun of me first doesn't help you. If you'll excuse me, I have to go find my sister so I can go home.” I said grumpily and walked towards the bench by the pond where I saw my sister sitting. I heard footsteps next to me and I stopped.

“I'm sorry for making fun of you. It's how I am. Sarcasm gets the best of me.” the guy said and smiled at me.

“It's okay I guess...”

“Well let me introduce myself. I'm Keegan Monroe. What's your name?”

I turned around to face him. “Kelly.” I muttered and then turned back around.

“Well Kelly it's nice to meet you. Would you like to get a cup of coffee with me sometime? I'm new here and I'd greatly appreciate a new friend.” Keegan said and my eyes widened with surprise that he asked me to coffee.

“Uh...sure. I'll give you my number.” I said and felt a tug at my heart. Shut up. I know I shouldn't be doing this but I just...I need a friend right now to help me through Cayden being gone...
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh geezness!
What's gonna happen now?
Kelly's found a cute guy..that's not Cayden.
I'll leave it up to my amazing co-writer to figure out where it goes from here.
Will Cayden and Kelly split up since finding new "guy friends"?