Status: Slowly working on.

You're My Example, Halvo

I Saw You Watching Me

“Are you Eric?” The small timid secretary looked up at me over the brim of her glasses, I nodded my head slowly. I knew she probably hated how long my hair was, or how last weekend I decided that it was perfectly fine to let one of my best friends tattoo a nautical star on the inside of my wrist.

“Yes ma'am.” I replied softly, twirling my thumbs around each other. She smiled brightly, and got up from her gray office chair.

“Follow me, then.” She stated before leading me out of the office, following her to our destination.

You see, a few days ago, I recieved a phone call from the principal of Braintree High School, he called to inform me that they were very desperate on finding a assistant teacher and I was their only hope in replacing his empty spot. So I decided, what the hell, I needed a job, badly. So I took him up on his offer and here I am, walking down the long winding halls of the High School, trying to digest everything and remember this route, because I would be taking this route everyday for the next year.

“Here we go, Mr. Halvorsen.” The lady called me from my many thoughts and opened the door before us, turning the metal handle, I felt myself get nervous, I felt like the new kid, almost.

“Thanks, uh..” I trailed off, hoping she'd finish for me.

“Barbra Dates.” She provided and I smiled in relief as I walked through the doorway and into the large music room.

There were plenty of seats, all surrounding a podium where a little stout, yet kind looking man stood, “Oh! Mr. Halvorsen.” The man yelled, silencing all the music that was being played moments before.

I waved at him, my shyness settling in, my eyes darted around the room looking at the many faces that had turned towards me when their teacher yelled out. Only one face caught my attention the most, the petite redhead hunched over the piano, deep in concentration on the notes before her instead of me, like her classmates were.

I walked closer to the man, he only came up to my shoulders, yet he seemed more confident than my shy self right about now, “Nice of you to join us, Eric.” The man stated and I smiled at him as I shoved my hands into the nice black pants I had bought at the mall days before.

“It's really nice to be here.” I assured him and he patted my back.

“Everyone!” The man called out, grabbing the attention of the redhead I had been so focused on earlier, “This is Mr. Halvorsen-”

“Halvo, is better.” I whispered to him and he smiled.

“Or you can call him Halvo, as he says.” The man laughed, while the rest of the class laughed awkwardly. “He's going to be our new teaching assistant.”

Claps were produced from the hands of the many students in the room, and the man patted me on the back again, “Right now you can just observe some of the things we're doing, later I'll find you some students who need some type of extra help on their pieces of music. Have you played an instrument before, Halvo?” The man asked curiously.

“Yes, in High School I played the saxophone, I was a really good pianist at one point, I can play guitar, drums, trombone and tuba.” I replied, listing all the instruments I could produce nice quality sounds out of.

“Very well, our pianist – Mint really needs a little tutoring on one of our level 5 pieces, it's probably one of the hardest pieces she's ever been handed. Maybe you can go over and help her now, Halvo?”

I gulped, he was gesturing to the redhead, I nodded quickly, hoping I could help her in more ways than one. I smiled at the thought and began my long trek through the maze of chairs before me, when I got to the piano she had a pencil behind her ear, and her tongue was poking out the right side of her mouth in a very concentrated way, I smirked at this and she looked up at me, briefly smiling and looking back down at her music.

“I'm Halvo, uh, he asked me to come help you.” I offered as the explanation for why I was near her.

“Mr. Botchie? Oh, that's great. I get help, on this shit.” She pointed to the sheets of music in front of her, my smirk only widened at her language. She ran her hands through her hair, in frustration.

“I'll help you.” I said and sat down next to her, hoping she wouldn't kill me for being so close to her. I noticed as I came in the room how she looked like she kept to herself a lot, and I for one did not want to get on this girls bad side. You know what they say about red heads.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhh. (: