Status: Slowly working on.

You're My Example, Halvo

Walk Like A Gentleman

“You know that there's no one in this world as pretty as you,” I looked over at Mint who had curled her hair for our quiet little date at this place behind my house, that I thought was pretty enough to have a picnic at.

“I love you.” She cooed, leaning over and softly pecking me on the lips.

“I love you too.” I mumbled against her glossed lips, and placed my hands at her waist.

Bong, bong, bong.

“What? Mint why are you running-”


I sat up in my bed, my eyes wide with shock, sweat covering my torso. My eyes adjusted to the bright numbers on my digital clock and read it, 3:36 a.m. I had been woken up by the cellular device that was placed on my nightstand, it echoed throughout my room. I reached for the noisemaker, clicking 'send' as I did so to answer the call, immediately knowing who it was.

“Eric – Eric..” Her voice was muffled and laced thick with sadness, “My mom she knows, Eric she FUCKING knows.”

It had been two months of seeing Mint secretly, two months of covering our tracks, making sure no-one knew and earlier this week her mom had seen us together in a little clothing store, a store that nobody usually went too. I had been looking for some new shoes, when her mom trots over to say hello - thinking I was just a friend. That was until she saw our hands laced together, and she gushed over how cute she thought it was, she didn't know me so it was perfectly fine.

“.. She what?” I asked dumbly, trying to digest what was happening.

“She was on our website, trying to see when our state competition was, and she saw your fucking picture and the words 'Assistant teacher' under the photo. She's calling the police, Halvo.” Her words were forced together, and I still understood what she meant, I still couldn't believe all this was happening, maybe it was just a silly dream, maybe I'd wake up in a few minutes.

“Why is she doing that?” I felt my heartbreaking, as I said this, I just wanted for Mint to keep talking, for her to get me through this, but I knew that I had done this to myself. Why'd Mint have to be so pretty? Why did she have to make me began to love her? Why the hell did she have to be so young?

“It's illegal, Eric.” My first name only came out of her mouth when she was being serious, and I knew at that moment that I was ruined, that there was no way out of this. I would be taken to jail, for a few years, and I wouldn't ever get to see her again. Her parents would forbid her from seeing me when I got out and banish her to some unknown place and never let me find out where she was.

“Are you sure?” I asked softly, my voice shaky.

“She just got finished yelling at me, she said I wouldn't do anything like this, that you were forcing me to have sex with you.” Mint replied, her mom's steady screaming filling in the background.

“Is she calling for you?”

“Yes, she wants me to come back inside.”

“We haven't even had sex, though, Mint.” I whispered.

“It's not like I haven't wanted too, Eric.” Mint's husky voice filled my ears and I slowly started to rub the outside of my pants, my thoughts were directed to some place else as she said this, all I could imagine was us together, now.

“Come over?” I stated firmly.

“She's calling the police.”

“We could drive somewhere. I just want to see you, Mint, before shit happens.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long, my birthday was Monday and I found out that my leg is broken, this week has been crazy, enjoy. (: