Status: Slowly working on.

You're My Example, Halvo

Across The Ocean.

I ran a shaky hand through my disheveled hair as we walked back to where the tour buses were, I was a train wreck. Mint had heightened my emotions to a level that they wouldn’t come down from for at least two hours.

“Are you alright?” She asked timidly, scared of startling me.

“Yeah, I am,” I grinned while looking at the beautiful red head whose hand was intertwined with my own, “I am now.”

Kyle met us at the gate - tapping his foot impatiently until he locked eyes with me, “You said ten minutes!” He accused.

“Sorry.” I shrugged hopelessly, not willing to give him a reasonable explanation.

He clapped my shoulder, accepting my flimsy excuse, and smiled at Mint.

“Hey, again.” Kyle said rubbing his hands together as a cool breeze sliced through the warm night.

“Hello.” She replied, her voice shy and soft.

I looked between the two skeptically, “You’ve met before?” I asked curiously.

“Yeah. She was here earlier, and I spoke to her - she looked so lonely and completely lost.” He laughed remembering earlier at how awkward Mint had been.

Kyle soon walked off and left us alone once again, Mint tugged on the sleeve of my plaid shirt, pulling me closer to her. I smirked at her, causing her to smile widely.

“Gee, Mint.” I whispered as she kissed me softly causing my mind to whirl, my knees were giving out to as the overwhelming emotion she gave me began to course through my veins.

“I love you.” She cooed softly in my ear.

I ran my hands through my hair as I looked at the girl in front of me, ready for anything she wanted to do to me. I gulped loudly - regretting the drinks I had earlier. I was too far gone, though, to care about anything except for the young girl in front of me. As she toyed with my belt buckle the memories of Mint flooded my mind and I pushed the girl away, causing her to gasp in surprise.

“What the -” I interrupted her by running out of the room. I ran down the stairs as fast as I could, through the sweaty bodies grinding against each other in the living room and threw the front door open, launching myself outside. I clambered down the stairs connected to the front porch and retched all over the bushes in the front yard.

Hot tears poured out of my eyes as I dry heaved at the smell of my own vomit. I screamed in anguish as Mint’s smiling face plagued my view. My throat was begging for water, but I wanted it to stay the way it was - I wanted to feel the pain that it brought, because to me that was the only reminder that I was still alive.

Mint Nixon was the only thing that could save me, but she was over one thousand miles away still in school. I, however, was out of school and needed a job desperately. I had to stop dwelling over Mint, but it was extremely difficult for me to get over her. She wasn’t just something I could forget about in a day.

“Eric?” A timid voice asked as I wiped the salty liquid away from my eyes.

“Yeah.” I replied simply, waiting for the person to come where I could see them. They never did, so I looked up. Kyle was standing on the sidewalk, well over two feet away from where I was, holding a red plastic solo cup in his hand.

“Are you alright, bro?” Kyle asked, and I nodded - wanting for Kyle just to leave me alone.

“No you’re not.” He accused, looking at me incredulously.

“So?” I said, looking away from the boy.

Soon enough, Kyle came and sat down next to where I was offering the red cup to me, when I refused he looked at me - “You going to tell me or not?”

I had never gave Kyle a legitimate reason as to why I needed a place to stay, and I assumed that this was probably the best time I could to tell Kyle. Because maybe, just maybe Kyle wouldn’t remember in the morning. But that wasn’t how it all played out, the next morning Kyle did remember.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's Christmas break, so it'll be much easier for me to shoot out updates!