Status: Slowly working on.

You're My Example, Halvo

Just Another One.

I stared at Halvo for a long moment, my mind still buzzing from the kiss. I opened my mouth and shut it. Sure, I wanted to but at the same time, I only knew him for a couple weeks and even if that wasn't what he meant, it could still happen.

"They usually buy me dinner after one of these," I lied. Well, it wasn't a complete lie but I usually had to fight them for it.

"Oh," he mumbled, his face falling. I bit my lip, trying to think of something.

"I could..." I trailed off, "Come over tomorrow?" He smiled again, nodding.

"That works," he said, "I mean, it'll probably be easier," he added. "We won't be seen leaving together and that would just be....bad. It'll be better off this way, I guess." I nodded, biting my lip. I stood there, just staring at him for a long second before leaning over and giving him another kiss.
_____

The next day, after I had showered and spent almost an hour getting ready, I walked to Halvo's apartment. It wasn't too far from my house and I walked almost everywhere anyway. I had a car and a license but gas cost money I spent on other things. Mostly gum and music related things but nevertheless, it was money I didn't have for gas.

When I finally got there, I was a shaking bundle of nerves. Getting to spend a not school day with Eric just seemed like an awesome thing. A scary thing, but an awesome thing nonetheless. I knocked on the door, blowing a huge bubble to try and calm my nerves. Gum always relaxed me. It was the mint flavor and smell that just...made me happy. Hence how I got the nickname "Mint".

The door opened, and Halvo was standing there in...normal clothes. It was a little strange to see him in a plaid shirt and jeans instead of a dress shirt and black pants. When he saw me, he smiled widely.

"Hey Mint," he greeted, stepping aside to let me in. I walked in, waiting for him to close the door before I stood up on my tipy-toes and giving him a kiss. It only lasted a couple seconds because I wasn't good at standing on my toes.

"Hi," I said, smiling brightly. He looked down at me, biting his lip for a moment and running his hand through my hair. I blinked up at him, tilting my head. He looked like he had something going on in his head but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"What?" I asked, running my own hand through my hand and looking down at my clothes. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," he said quickly, shaking his head. "I just...I don't know," he said, still smiling. I raised my eyebrows at him, shaking my head back at him.

"Okay then," I said, giving him a look. "What now?" He shrugged, looking around the apartment.

It was on the larger side, but it was still tiny. The furniture was mismatched and it look pretty beat but there was a flat screen on the wall. There was wood floors and white rooms but there wasn't much else to be expected from a guy. Unless the guy in question was gay, the apartment would pretty much be an interior decorating nightmare. Maybe some girl could fix it for him because it was horrible if you asked me.

"I....don't know," he admitted, chuckling awkwardly. "I didn't really think about it." I rolled my eyes, taking his hand and tugged him towards the couch.

"Let's talk," I suggested, pushing him down onto the couch and plopping down almost on top of him. Talking seemed like a good place to start.