Dont Worry Your Head

Part 2

I sigh, get on my knees, open the cabinet doors underneath the sink and reach behind the towels. I fell the small cardboard box, grab it and pull it out.
This is the fourth pregnancy test I've taken in the past week.
I take the test and wait for the results. A few minutes later I get my answer. The same answer the past 3 tests have said...I'm pregnant. My eyes water, the tears spill over and roll down my cheeks. I shouldn't be upset. Patrick and I have been married for the past 5 1/2 years and we've always wanted kids, but 2007 has been an amazing year for Fall Out Boy and-
"Babe you okay?" I hear Patrick on the other side of the door.
"Uh yeah...just give me a sec okay?"
"Are you sure?"
"Yea I'm sure."
I hear him walk away until the sound of his footsteps fade.
I quickly wipe any remaining tears off my face. I have to tell him, this is his baby too. Maybe I should wait until they get back from Africa...No I have to do it now.
I grab a washcloth, run it under some cool water and wipe my face, trying to hide the fact I've been crying. Finally, when my face looks less read I go over to the door placing my hand on the cold metal of the door knob.
"I can do this," I sigh and open the door. As I'm walking down the steps my heart feels as if it's about to fly out of my chest. I see Patrick sitting at the dining room table, doing something on his laptop. I walk a little bit closer to him, then my feet decide otherwise, so I stop.
"Umm Patrick....?"
"Hmmm?" He never looks up from his comuter.
It's now or never.........I take a deep breath "I'm pregnant."
His head shot up. His expression was shock at first, then a smile slowly crept across that adorable face of his, turning into a massive grin.
"Are you serious?" he jumped up and came over to me.
Here come the tears again.
"Why are you crying?" he wiped my tears away.
"I" sniff "don't" sniff "know."
"Oh baby," he wraps me in his arms. "Don't you want the baby?"
"Of course," I say into his shoulder, "It's just...I thought you...were...gonna be...mad."
"Oh no baby," he kisses the side of my head, "Why would I be mad, we're gonna have a baby."
I smiled. Good he wasn't mad.
You have no idea how happy I am right now," He tightens his hold around me.
A few minutes go by.
"Shit." He lets go of me but keeps his arms around my waist."We're leaving for Africa today."
"Yeah, so?"
"Well you need me here...I'll call the guys maybe we can reschedule."
He lets go of me and starts to head for the phone. No he can't do this. I grab his arm.
"Patrick don't, I'll be fine the next couple of days."
"But you're pregnant, you need me here with you."
"I'll be fine...it's better you go now before I get too big."
"But you're so clumsy, you'll probably fall and hurt yourself." he laughs.
I scoff "Don't make fun of me!" I playfully slap his arm.
"Sorry." He pouts.
I wrap my arms around his neck as he winds his back around my waist. He leans down to touch his lips softly to mine.
We're interuppted by a knock at the door.Patrick pulls away and groans.
He takes my hand and we walk to the door, he opens it and theres none other than Peter Wentz leaning against the door frame.
"Hey man you ready?" he asks Patrick.
"Yeah, let me go get my bags" he lets go of my hand and walks away.
"Hey Panda."
"Hey Ashland."
"Soo...going to Africa huh? Don't get aids."
"Ha Ha Ha...not funny."
I stick my tongue out at him and giggle.
Just then Patrick walks back with his bags and sets them at the door.
"Is this it?" Pete asks.
"Yeah."
"I'll go ahead and take these out to the van." Pete says while grabbing his bags and heading out the door.
"Thanks man."
Patrick turns to me then. I walk over and he puts his arms around me, lifting me up barely off the ground.
This is it.The moment I've been dreading for the past few weeks...Patrick leaving.
Patrick sits me down and looks into my eyes. I could see he's upset...it pains him to be away from me, and I with him.
He leans down and again presses his soft lips to mine. He lingers for a minute before pulling away and placing his hand on my cheek.
I close my eyes as he slowly rubs my cheek with his thumb. This perfect moment ended to soon when we hear a car horn coming from outside, probably from a very impatient Pete.
Patrick sighs and gets down on his knees to lift my shirt up. Kissing my stomach right above my belly button.
"Be good for mommy." He whispers, his warm breath tickling my skin.
I look down at him and smile.
He gets up and looks into my eyes one last time before sighing sadly and wallking out the door.
We never really say anything when one of us is leaving, it's better this way.
I walk out on the porch and watch as the van pulls away.Patrick waves from the back seat. I blow him a kiss.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nine months later on April 5 we have our beautiful baby girl which Patrick decides to name Parker. It was painful, but so worth it. Parker's amazing in every single way. She has Patrick's strawberry blonde hair and gorgeous eyes. We are all happy and Patrick and I have the family we've always dreamed of.