Status: updated as written!

This Is How We Do

We Play, You Move

It was a few weeks into the tour and everyone was adjusting quite well. Logan convinced us to play a new song tonight though, so we shall see how well we adjust to this. Dougie and I havent had much time to talk since our kiss, Logan has made sure of that. Everytime Dougie manages to sneek away from the other boys, Logan somehow always catches him and either joins him or distracts him. But not now. No, Logan was currently too busy arguing with Brigid over god knows what, so Dougie and I took this as our chance to grab ball caps and sunglasses and make a run for it. We ended up at a merch tent.

"What do you two think your doing?" Jay, McFly's merch dude asked. Dougie flashed a grin.

"Just looking to get away from the parentaly obsessed older brother. Mind if we chill?" He asked. Jay shook his head, smiling.

"Im actually going to go grab a drink, mind keeping an eye on the stuff?" Jay asked in reply.

"Sure." Dougie said and Jay sized him up.

"Watching the stuff does not include signing it and giving it to fans for free." He said in a challanging voice.

"I dont know how many times I have to tell you, that was James and Danny." Dougie whined and Jay smiled. "I hate you." He mumbled as Jay left, then he turned to me and smiled, sitting down on one of the three chairs set up behind the merch table. "Sooo...." He trailed off, kicking his feet up onto the chair next to him. He took his hat and glasses off, since no one was here yet, and I did too. He put his hands behind his head and closed his eyes with his head back, in total relaxation mode after only seconds.

"Soo..." I sighed, not knowing what to talk about, but appreciating the alone time with him. He just grinned again.

"Nervous?" He asked. I raised an eyebrow. "Whoa Oh." He said as though it were obvious and I 'oh'ed.

"Only a little. Logan does most of the vocals, I just sing the chorus and make smartass remarks though the song. Im just nervous about playing it. We only wrote the song a few days ago, and I dont think all the chords line up with the melody and rythem, but Logan thinks its ready." I sighed.

"It sounded great durring the check, dont stress it." He said, leaning up to be closer to me. I smiled at him and he pushed a piece of hair behind my ear, then he rested his hand on my neck. I reached out and pushed his fringe back, holding it there, and he smiled, trying not to laugh but making it obvious he was going to. Then he leaned in and kissed me lightly, pulling back immediatly.

"Dougie." I whined, pouted and he smiled, shaking his head, which made me let go of his fringe. He moved his hand from my neck and he sloched back in his chair, arms crossed, looking at me almost as if he were trying to figure something out.

"Do you... like me?" He asked after a few minutes of silence. I rolled my eyes and looked at him oddly.

"Of course I like you. Your my best friend, Dougie." I said, praying he ment the double meaning to his question. He huffed and threw his head back, then ran his fingers though his hair without looking back at me.

"I know that, Jayden. I want to know if you like like me." He said, in an exhausted tone. I smiled a little and looked away.

"Why? Do you like like me?" I asked. His head snapped forward and he looked at me, then he sighed and nodded.

"Yeah. Alot." He admited. "But i didnt want to make a duche out of myself if you didnt like me too." He said. I smiled and stood up. He looked up at me, confused.

"Well you didnt make a duche out of yourself." I said, turning to leave, but I head a chair fly backwards and he grabbed my wrist, and I smiled slightly again.

"Does that mean you like me?" He asked. I turned to face him and almost laughed at his expression.

"What do you think it means?" I replied. He grinned and pulled me closer to him.

"Jayden, I would've taken 'Hell no you ugly fucker' as a yes if you let me take my opinion." He said, leaning his forehead onto mine. When I just smiled and didnt answer his question, he lened in and kissed me. I kissed back, then he broke off. "Do you like me?" He asked, kissing me again lightly, then pulling back to look at me. I tooka deep breath and leaned in and kissed him. He kissed me back, but broke off and looked at me, still wanting a verbal answer.

"Yes, Dougie," I sighed. "I like you. I like you. Happy?" I asked. He grinned again.

"Estatic." He said, wraping his arms around my waist.

"Now shut up and kiss me before Logan seprates us." I said, locking my arms around his neck. He smiled and kissed me again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On stage

"Alright guys, we got a little supprise." Logan grinned into Lexee's mic, looking over at me. They traded instruments for this song so he can sing. I looked back at Lexee and she smiled and held up Logans drumsticks. "Hit it!" He yelled and we started playing Whoa Oh.

"I candy-coat and cover everything but I'm still hiding underneath, It's been a long time, It's been a long time;A thousand faces looking up at me, hands all pointing to the ceiling, Oh what a feeling!" He sang for the first time tonight

"I've got friends in high and low places!" I sang, trying not to look at him. If i look at him, he'll make a face (like he always does), and make me laugh.

"I'm standing on post, and I'm posted up cant afford to lose them." Logan sang again.

"I've got friends and highly low places!" I sang again, this time looking out at the fans. They were really loving the song. There was no dobut we were recording this song for our next CD. Danny and Dougie had pushed Brigid out onstage and Logan smiled and grabbed her hand.

"I'll go inside when I wanna party Grab a girl and dance!" He laughed and she smiled as he pushed Lexee's guitar onto his back and tango-ed with her for a short minute.

"EW! Dont touch me!" I said, then he kissed her quickly and ran back over to his mic.

"Whoa oh Whoa oh Whoa oh, Why do I put myself in these situations? Whoa oh Whoa oh Whoa oh, I keep pushing myself even though I can't take it at all, whoa!" All four of us sang.

"Girl!" Logan yelled

"Yeah?" I responded, finally giving in and looking at him. He scrunched his face up and I had to hold back my laugh.

"Who taught you how yo move like that?" He asked

"You did!" I answered.

"At this pace your at your going way to fast!" He said. I laughed, and he smiled. "I, I saw you from across the room, It's me vs. every guy; Your choice, you choose!" He said, guesturing backstage.

"I've got friends in highly low places." I sang, then back away from the mic, focusing on my guitar for a minute.

"it's been a long time; Its been a really long time!" He yelled to the audience, earning screams from fans. I looked up and laughed at them.

"And maybe baby you can rise above the rest to meet me and... Whoa oh Whoa oh Whoa oh, Why do I put myself in these situations Whoa Whoa oh Whoa oh, I keep pushing myself even though I can't take it at all Whoa oh Whoa oh Whoa oh, Why do I put myself in these situations Whoa oh Whoa oh Whoa oh, I keep pushing myself even though I can't take it at all!" We both sang, and he stopped, shaking his head, smiling at me lightly.

"I cant take it at all... I CANT THIS AT ALL GUYS!!" I yelled, getting my own screams from fans. Logan pushed his guitar onto his back again and grabbed the mic with both hands.

"You're worth, losing my self esteem Your clever words mean nothing more to me than than a line i heard in a movie You're worth, losing my losing my losing my self esteem." We both sang slower then the rest of the song, then Logan picked up the pace agian.

"Your not worth.." He trialed off.

"Putting myself in these situations! Oh!" I sang, then did a little guitar solo, then let Logan have his own solo, before everyone picked up agian.

"Whoa oh Whoa oh Whoa oh, Why do I put myself in these situations Whoa oh Whoa oh Whoa oh, I keep pushing myself even though I can't take it at all." Logan sang, then pointed over at me, so I picked up.

"Whoa oh Whoa oh Whoa oh, Why do I put myself in these situations Whoa oh Whoa oh Whoa oh, I keep pushing myself even though I can't take it at all." I sang, then Lexee and Tyler sang 'Whoa Oh' until they faded out completly. I smiled, grabbing my mic and looking around the arena. The fans actually liked the song. Lexee and Logan traded back and I looked over at Tyler. She grinned, and mouthed 'good job'. I nodded and smiled at her, before screaming into my mic while Lexee put her guitar on its rest and Tyler handed her bass to a stagehand. "WOOO! Hope everyone enjoyed themselves!" I yelled. Tylers smile fell and she rolled her eyes as she made her way back over to her mic.

"Dont mind her, shes high on Dougie." Tyler said. I turned to her and my jaw dropped. She saw us?! She just smiled and shook her head lightly. "We hope you all liked the song. That was it for our part of the show, so you can leave now." She said. Tom came running up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist and spun her around as she screached.

"Did Tyler just make a girly noise?!" Logan asked.

"I think she did!" Lexee laughed. "Anyway, we'll see you guys later!" She yelled, waving.

"We love you all! Except for the dudes out there. I dont love you. I like you for liking our music. It'd be weird if i loved you." Logan said. I threw my pic at him.

"Dont listen to him, we love you all. TOM GET OFF THE STAGE! Bye everybody!" I yelled, taking my guitar off. A stagehand ran over and I handed it to her, then grabbed Lexees hand and Logan ran over and grabbed my other hand. We looked over at Tom and he frowned and let go of Tyler. She shook her head and grabbed Logans hand as Tom got off stage and we all bowed.

"Bye guys!" Tyler yelled and we all ran backstage.

When we got backstage, I headed for the dressing room to get a quick shower, but was stopped halfway there by Harry and Keighty.

"Can i please go unsmellify myself?" I asked, trying to squeeze through them.

"Grab her, Harry." Keighty said. Harry listened to her and picked me up by my waist, throwing me over his shoulder and carried me somewhere I couldnt see. I could only see the dressing room getting farther and farther away.

"I hate you, Harry." I mumbled, punching his back. He laughed and Keighty slapped the back of my head. When he put me down, the two of them left. "SO YOU KIDNAP ME THEN LEAVE?! WHAT THE HELL?!" I asked, turning around angerly, then my mood lightened. Dougie was smiling at me, amused, with his hands behind his back. "Oh... hehe... hi." I laughed nervously. He just smiled wider and walked closer to me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned his forehead onto mine. "Stop, Im all sweaty." I groaned, trying to push him away.

"Well, Im going to be sweaty in a few minutes, and even worse then you are now when I get off stage and I have full intentions of coming over and hugging you when I get off stage, so get over it." He laughed and kissed me lightly. I sighed and wrapped my arms around his neck, giving in. When he broke off, I expected him to make a sarcastic remark about how sweaty I am or how I smell, but he didnt. Instead he said "I never really got to ask you what I wanted to earlier."

"I already told you I like you, Dougie." I mumbled, leaning into his chest.

"Yeah, I know that. And i did want to ask you that, but there was something else. To make this offical. I wanted to ask you if youd go out with me." He said. I lifted my head off his chest and he grinned. "So...?" He asked. I smiled and kissed him lightly.

"Of course." I answered. He grinned.

"Good. Alright, I have to go onstage now." He said, kissing my forehead. "Go get a shower. I'll talk to you when I get off stage." He said, letting go of my waist. I nodded and made my way back to the dressing room with no interruptions this time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lyrics are credit to Forever The Sickest Kids and Selena Gomez