Status: Completed.

The Midnight Fair

Three.

“He was so drunk that night,” Jack laughed as he scooped up some shredded hash browns with his fork and placed it in his mouth, “he actually made out with Zack and Flyzik!” Athena giggled, also scooping hash browns into her mouth.

“Oh God, I swear Alex is bi,” Jack shook his head chuckling. Athena grinned and took another mouthful of hash browns.

Jack pouted, “you’re taking all the hash browns.”

Athena pretended to cackle - at least the best she could with food in her mouth - and dug her fork into the pile of shredded potatoes. She stuffed it in her mouth and stuck out her tongue. Jack stifled his laugh, but let a smile slip.

Athena finished chewing before she retorted, “well too bad, because I’m a greedy little bitch.” Jack laughed and stabbed some more food.

“Well, you’re a cute, greedy little bitch,” he winked. Athena’s eyes opened wide, and her mouth dropped slightly open. A heat blew up her neck and over her cheeks. The red glow over her face couldn’t have been masked by the dark or makeup. Unfortunately (depending on how you look at it), Jack noticed the intense color that had spread through her entire face.

“H-hey, are you okay?” Jack asked, bringing his hand up to her face. His hand lightly grazed her cheek, making the apple red turn into a dark crimson.

She stuttered, “u-uh, I think it’s just th-the heat. I’ll be right back.” She got up and quickly scurried towards the woman’s restroom. Athena walked into the washroom, immediately turning on the closest sink. She looked at her reflection; she was a bright pink with beet red cheeks. She cupped her hands and filled them with water, splashing it over her face. The opposite temperatures sent a refreshing sensation over her face. Athena sighed and grabbed a paper towel and dried her face with it. She looked in the mirror once more, making sure her face had at least turned into a peachy pink before she exited the restroom and joined Jack back at the table.

“Are you okay now?” Jack asked, his eyebrows furrowing in worry. Athena smiled at how nice he was being, even if they had just met a few hours ago.

She bobbed her head, “yeah.”

Jack smirked and leaned back, his mood changing suddenly.

“Well,” he began, “I ate the rest of the hash browns,” he laughed maniacally. Jack nudged the empty plate in her direction, proving to her he did in fact finish of their food.

“Asshole,” she muttered jokingly, tossing a crumpled napkin at him. He caught it with ease and stuck his tongue out at her. She chuckled at him.

“So, ready to head back?” Jack asked, stretching his arms over his head. Athena couldn’t help but think he looked adorable when he rubbed his eyes in an almost childlike way. She stared in awe for a moment before checking her cell for the time.

“Uh…Jack?” she whispered. “It’s five in the morning.”

They both looked in disbelief at each other. Had they really been eating and talking the night away? For three hours too? Athena looked at her phone again, making sure she had actually just spent the last few hours talking to Jack.

“Ou, look!” Jack pointed out the window where the horizon sat and blues and purples radiated from the line. “Have you ever watched the sunrise?” jack asked. Athena only shook her head, still focused on the scenery in front of her. Jack grinned, pulling her up and dropping two bills on the table before dashing out of the doors with Athena trying to catch up behind him.

“Jack!” she panted. “You’re too fast,” she breathed as he slowed down. Jack didn’t seem to have looked like he ran at all. Athena took a deep breath in, trying to regain her normal breathing pattern. After an impatient 15 seconds, Jack turned around.

“Here,” he said, patting his own back, “get on.” Athena bit her lip, deciding whether or not she should. It wasn’t really a choice to Athena; she already knew what to do. Smiling, she hopped on his back and his hands wrapped around her thighs. Athena braved herself for what was to come. Jack took off, running faster than anyone would expect. Athena dug her head in the crook of his neck to avoid the wind stabbing at her eye. With her face buried in his neck, she inhaled his scent - Axe and something sweet, like sugar. Jack soon halted, snapping Athena out of her daze.

“I’m gonna drop you,” he warned. Athena’s head snapped up from his neck.

“Don’t you dare, Jack.”

Jack smiled smugly, his grip on her thighs already loosening. Athena tightened her grip around his neck, her hands holding the opposite elbow.

“If you drop me, I will drag you down by the throat,” she threatened right into his ear. Jack chuckled, but soon caught sight of what they were really supposed to be looking at.

“Hey, hey, Athena. Look at the sun,” he smiled. Athena glanced up at the cloud-free sky and saw colors starting to break through. The top of the sun was peeking up, but enough to light up the small town. She looked at the ball of fire that had a third of it exposed now. And explosion of colors danced across the sky and on the faces of the viewers.

“Jack,” she hushed. He merely replied with a grunt. “Put me down, please.” Jack obeyed, helping her get back on her feet without breaking his stare at the scene. Slowly, the sun crawled up and the color began to fade. The purples, oranges and pinks were all traded for blue by the time it hit six thirty in the morning.

Jack looked softly down at Athena who was still staring out at the sky. He smiled at how focused she was, even if nothing was there.

“Hey, Athena?” he asked quietly, only loud enough for her to slowly turn and cock her head. “Can I just…can I…” he mumbled incoherent and incomplete sentences until he finally gave up. Instead he just leaned forwards and caught her lips with his. The kiss was only short, you could even call it a peck, but the effect was all the same.

They both jerked back and Athena was red in the face once again. Jack was a stuttering fool.

“I - I don’t know why I - Um, I sh-shouldn’t have done that and I - I’m sorry!”

Athena stood still almost in a daze but chuckled when she heard Jack. She shook her head, placing her hand over his cheek and leaving her thumb to stop him from stammering.

“It’s okay,” she whispered as she stood on her toes to firmly press her lips against Jack’s. He was about to place his hands on her hips, but his cell phone interrupted the moment. Jack sighed, aggravated, and picked up the phone.

“Hello?” he muttered. Alex animatedly greeted him on the other line, talking about picking him up.

“I’m at Denny’s,” Jack stated, his voice harsh. More chattering from the phone later only left Jack to say “bye,” and shove his iPhone back in his pocket.

“They’re picking me up right now,” he said sadly. They both visibly frowned and pouted, loving each other’s company. He pulled her into a tight embrace, one that she literally invited with open arms. Jack and Athena stood and swayed in the field before Jack made a motion to leave.

Jack reached deep into his pocket and pulled out his phone, passing it to Athena.

“I would like your number before I leave, m’lady,” he smirked. Athena smiled, pecking him on the chin before grabbing his phone and entering her digits. She pulled out her phone, telling him to do the same. After they were finished, Jack hoisted her off her feet for another kiss. Her hands were wrapped around his neck and his hands fit on the curves if her sides. It was beginning to inch into a make out until a loud and obnoxious tour van started honking at them. Jack glared at whoever was driving but began to walk back hand in hand with Athena anyways.

“I guess I’m going now,” Jack sighed, swinging their arms between them as they stood facing each other next to the van. The door was open where four boys sat and watched.

“Mhm…I’ll miss you,” Athena grinned. Jack smiled sadly and nodded. She tip toed and pecked him on the lips, sending the boys into a whistles and cheers. She bit her lip and looked up at Jack through her eyelashes. Jack groaned, grabbing her by the waist and pulling her into another tight embrace again.

“Bye,” he breathed in her hair. Jack stepped back and walked into the van and sat down. He waved sadly at Athena, who waved back solemnly as well. The other guys were shouting goodbyes and such until Flyzik slammed the door shut and started driving. Athena watched the van get to end of the parking lot before a window at the side cracked open and Jack stuck his head out. He waved frantically and crazily at her with the biggest grin on his face. She jumped and waved back too until the can turned and drove off behind trees. Athena groaned.

She walked back to her car and cracked it open, sitting back inside. She took a glance in the rear view mirror and noticed a slight shift in all the items in the back. She spun around fully and looked at the spot where Agumon once was, but was now replaced by a note. Curiously, Athena picked it up and began to read it.

Dear Athena,

Let the balloons go will you? We’ll be waiting.

Love,
Rian, Alex, Zack and Matt <3


Athena looked at the balloons at the back of her car and smiled. She grabbed all their strings and ushered the balloons out of the car after her. She sprinted to the edge of the field where Jack and her had watched the sunrise not long ago. Slowly, she released the balloons and watched the colourful bubbles ascend into the sky. Not long after, she received a text from an unknown number.

Check under your seat

Athena laughed at how silly this game was, but she kept playing. She jogged back to her car and took a seat in the driver’s seat. Reaching under the car seat, she felt around until her fingers grazed some smooth. Athena pulled it from underneath and looked at the rectangle. It was a thick piece of paper that was glossed over. On the paper, there was a date and a location.

It was a concert ticket to an All Time Low show.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end kinda sucks :/
Hope you like it though?
<3

And please don't mind some mistakes - it's 4am.