Sequel: Maybe Just Once More

Never Ever Again

The Taste Of Ink

I was in the middle of getting ready for the day, when Matt started shouting in the hall.

‘No! I don’t want it!’

‘Will you just stop ringing me already?!’

‘Ugh, fine. See you tomorrow.’

I walked out into the hall to see what was going on and Matt was kneeling down, head in his hands.

‘Matt?’ I asked, standing a few feet from where he was, afraid of him snapping at me.

‘Baby, are you ok?’ I asked.

I had never seen him like this before and it scared me.

He looked up and I think I saw a tear slip down his face. He slowly rose from where he was kneeling and walked towards me. He opened his arms, implying that he wanted a hug and I slowly approached him.

‘I love you so much Jess.’ He spoke into my hair as he nuzzled his face into my neck.

‘I love you too Matt.’ I replied softly.

I felt dampness on my shoulder and realised Matt really was crying.

‘Promise Jess?’ He mumbled.

‘What? Promise I love you? Well then yea, I do.’ I replied.

‘No, promise me that you wont leave me. Ever. No matter how much of a douche I am. I just…yea. Please promise?

‘Of course Mattie. I love you!’ I spoke, attempting to reassure him.

And by the looks of it, it worked. He sniffed and nodded before pulling away from me. I smiled at him and got a small smile in return.

Why was he acting like this?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After Matt’s little episode yesterday, he has been a lot more helpful, going to the shops and tiding the house.

He had just got into the car when I spotted his phone. I picked it up and ran to the door, but Matt had already gone.

As I was walking back into the kitchen it started to ring. I answered it incase it was important.

‘Hello?’

‘Is Matt there?’ A female voice demanded.

‘Um no. Can I take a message?’ I asked

‘Can you tell him he’s late and ---- oh, no, wait, he’s here now.’

And with that the call had ended.

I mean talk about rude
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit: The Used

Thanks For reading :)
Hope it wasn't too bad.
Comment/subscribe
xxxxx