Sequel: Maybe Just Once More

Never Ever Again

Silent When We Speak

I woke up with a horrible hangover. I knew I had one too many drinks last night.

I decided to get up and take some painkillers. After taking 2 of the small, white pills, I brought some up to Matt, who was awake when I came in again.

“Morning Mattie.” I smiled as I put down the glass of water on the bedside table.

“Mmph,” He replied, clutching his head, making me laugh and then do the same.

“Here.” I said as I handed him the medicine.

“Thanks hun.” He mumbled, as he sat up and swallowed them before slowly grabbing my hand and leading me downstairs to the living room.

He pushed me down on the sofa, threw the remote over to me and took his phone off the coffee table. He listened to his voicemail messages: one from his mum; one from Padge and then one without a name.

“I can’t believe you! You missed the appointment and didn’t even attempt to apologize. I expect you to be here for me now and don’t forget about our ba- message deleted.”

I looked at Matt, who was avoiding my gaze.

Why was he not looking at me? Who was this woman? Why was she ringing Matt? What appointment? Why did she need Matt? What was she going to say before he deleted it?

But the thing that most worried me was how fast he deleted it and the fact he was now looking incredibly guilty.

When Matt finally looked at me he had tears in his eyes. Before I had a chance to ask him anything the door bell rang. I got up and walked to the door. I opened it to be greeted by an angry and flustered Barbie, calling Matt’s name.

“Matt! Matt! Maaaaaatt! How could you?” She screamed as she pushed me out of the way and barged into the living room, which didn’t really help much with the hangover.

“Chelle?!” He asked, half shocked, half angry, as I watched them, confused as hell.

“No Matthew, it’s the tooth fairy!” Any other time I would have laughed at that, but I got the feeling this time was different.

“Ugh, I should have just gotten rid of it.” She sighed

Matt’s eyes flickered and he got very angry.

“What the hell?! Don’t say that about my kid!” Matt bellowed.

It was like I wasn’t even there.

But that was all I needed to hear.

“Fuck this!” She said as I quickly left the room

Kid. Their kid.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment/subscribe?
Thanks for reading it though :)

Title Credit: The Blackout

Lounge clothes