Sequel: Maybe Just Once More

Never Ever Again

Friends Like These

I sat on our bed with my head in my hands, thinking about what to do next. I couldn’t stay here, because I would end up saying something I’d regret.

So with that in mind, I began to pack my clothes into my suitcase from the back of my walk-in-wardrobe. Clothes, Chargers, Straighteners, Camera, Phone and perfume. Basically anything that could have reminded Matt of me I was packing up.

I reached over and slung my bag over my shoulder, before carrying my suitcase downstairs. Matt and ‘Chelle’ were still arguing by the time I reached the door.

“Jess?” A voice asked.I guess they must have noticed me now.

I turned round to see Matt with wide eyes and Chelle was looking smug.

“What?” I replied coldly.

“But you promised, “ Matt whispered. “That you would never leave me. You promised!”

“Yea, well, the promise has now been broken.” I would have added ‘just like my heart’ to the end of that but I had to stay strong.

I looked at him once more before whispering ‘goodbye’ and dragging my suitcase out to the car.

“Jess! Please! “ I felt like a proper bitch , leaving him like this, but then again, he did cheat on me.

I jumped in the car and drove out of the driveway, wondering where the hell I was going to stay tonight. I forgot to bring my purse with me, but I couldn’t go back and get it. In other words, I was royally screwed.

I’m not sure how but I ended up on the motorway for a few hours and decided to pull off at Sheffield. I reached a familiar neighbourhood and I parked at the side of the road. The rain was crashing against the car and rumbles were heard coming from the sky.

I was frantically searching through my contacts for the one boy I knew I could trust no matter what.The one boy who stood up for me and encouraged me to be successful from the age of 6. I just hoped that after 4 years, he wouldn’t be angry.

I pressed the green button an began to call him.

“Yo! Sup?!”

“Hey. Can I speak to Tom please?” I asked shakily as the storm was getting worse.

“Yea ‘ats meh.Wha’ can a do fer yeh? A loud voice replied

“Tom, you probably won’t remember me, but it’s Jess. Jess Renolds, and I really need your help.”

“Yeh sure Jay Jay. What’s up?” Tom asked sounding concerned and a little shocked.

“You remember me?!” I asked, shocked. I mean it had been years since I last saw him.

“Of course, I membah yeh, yeh goof! “ He laughed and I smiled, knowing Tom hadn’t changed a bit.

“So wha’ was it?” He asked again
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Deaf Havana

Comment/Rate

Thanks for reading