Status: In Progress!

Relationships Are Like Rollercoasters

Chapter 12: The Dance

The day was going by too slow; for both Pepper and DJ. It was agonizing!

No matter what she did Pepper could not get last night out of her mind.

They way she secretly liked his lips on hers. She still shivered from just thinking about his touch. She had been avoiding him all day and just seeing his face down the hallway made her wanna burst into tears.

DJ had pretty much been avoiding Justin also. That dream last night really made her think hard about what she was doing. Was going to dance with Jeremy a good idea? Or should she fake sickness and not even go at all?

Pepper and DJ had been in their own little worlds all day and they just floated through the first hours of school before lunch.

“DJ! DJ?! Hello?!” Cindy said snapping her fingers in front of her face.

“What?” she asked finally coming out of her day dream. She was comparing slow dances between Justin and Jeremy in her mind.

She looked up at Cindy and Christian sitting in front her. She hadn’t even touched her food.

“What’s been up with you today? You’re totally out of it and that’s not like you,” she asked, looking worried.

“Oh it’s nothing, I just barely got any sleep last night is all,” she lied.

Then Pepper came walking over to the table and sat down next to DJ.

“Hey,” she said calmly not looking at anyone.

She picked at her food and Ryan was still buzzing through her brain.

Cindy and Christian looked at both of them. They just stared at what seemed to be the shells of their two best friends.

“You think we should be really concerned?” Cindy whispered to Christian.

“I don’t know,” he said sadly.

Soon though Ryan and Justin showed up and took their places at the table too.

Pepper tried her hardest not to look up. She wanted to avoid Ryan if all possible.

DJ on the other hand, hadn’t even noticed them in the first place. She was staring off at the middle of the table, her face blank of all emotions.

“What’s up?” Justin asked looking at everyone. He immediately got confused.

He looked up at Ryan and gave him that look of ‘do you have any idea what’s going on?’ Ryan just shrugged. He had noticed how Pepper was avoiding him.

He was mentally kicking himself for not trying to catch her in the hallways or something.

He began to stare at her as she looked down. He couldn’t see her face; her hair was hanging all around it.

Pepper knew someone was staring at her and she snapped her head up only to catch sight of Ryan staring right at her. He didn’t even look away when she looked up.

He just smiled and that’s when she snapped.

“I can’t take it anymore!” she yelled and she stood up abruptly and ran out of the cafeteria.

Peppers yell broke DJ out of her trance and she looked around to see Ryan and Justin had showed up.

She took one look at Justin though and said, “I’m gonna go check on her.”

She stood and walked out where Pepper had disappeared.

Cindy, Ryan, Christian, and Justin all looked at each other very, very confused. Nothing was making sense to them at all.

Ryan was the only one who had a closer guess as to why Pepper was acting weird but he still had no idea about DJ; no one did really.

DJ simply walked down the hallway looking and listening for Pepper in the quiet school hallways.

Soon she heard someone crying in the girl’s restroom.

She slowly walked inside and saw Pepper slumped on the floor against the wall.

“Hey Pep,” she said sweetly sitting next to her.

Pepper’s face was buried in her arms that were lying on her knees.

“Um, I don’t know if I missed something back there or if there’s really something bothering you,” DJ said, kneeling beside her best friend.

“You didn’t miss anything back there, you only missed something last night,” she explained, referring to the kiss no one knew about.

DJ was confused.

“Would you like to explain?” she asked sweetly.

Pepper looked up, her cheeks wet and her eyes red and puffy, “Ryan kissed me.”

DJ’s eyes went wide, “Seriously?!”

Pepper nodded.

“Okay, details,” DJ demanded (in a friendly way).

“So I was out on my balcony a-and I was still frustrated about Ryan punching Danny in the face a-and t-then I saw him walking back to his house. So I-I yelled down at him and I ran down the s-stairs and I asked him what his problem was. H-he played stupid, and I asked him directly, why did he punch Danny in the f-face? And he didn’t answer, so I told him forget it and I w-was walking back to my house and when I got to the door he grabbed my arm and I spun around and h-he planted one on me! After my shock wore off I backed off a-and shut the door in his face. I cried and fell asleep by the front door. Luckily I woke up around 2 in the morning and went back to my r-room,” she told her best friend, who was all ears.

DJ was silent for a second, “Wow.”

“Yeah,” Pepper said quietly digging her face in her arms again.

DJ put a hand on Pepper’s back and rubbed it gently.

“Aww come here sissy,” DJ said opening her arms for her, DJ only called Pepper and Cindy sissy when they were in a bad situation.

Pepper fell into her best friend’s arms and DJ hugged her.

They stayed like that and a few minutes later Cindy came in and she found out too. They stayed like that comforting each other until the bell rang to go back to class. Then the rest of the day went just as it had been before; except Cindy, DJ, and Pepper were attached at the hips.

o.O

Once school ended DJ, Pepper, and Cindy all got a ride home with Pepper (after Cindy kissed Christian goodbye and said she’d see him at the dance), Pepper had her license already.

Cindy and Pepper got their clothes and everything they needed to change into for the dance from their houses and went over to DJ’s. DJ knew how to curl and straighten people’s hair and she had the bigger room with the full size mirror. So that’s where they were going to prep for the dance.

DJ was in a strapless blue polka dotted dress that came above the knee with a pink ribbon around the waist. She didn’t like the fact it was pink because she simply disliked the color pink but she wore a pink bow head band in her caramel colored hair which was pulled and curled in a side ponytail. She also wore the heart necklace with the keys on it that Justin had gotten her for her birthday. With white pumps to top it all off.

Pepper was in a white strapless dress with the black ribbon around the waist that hugged her perfectly. Her black hair was wavy and her bangs were straightened to the side. She wore a pearl necklace that was her mom’s and a white bow head band in her hair. She put on black Mary-Jane heels to match.

Cindy was in an orange dress and she wore silver strappy heels with the jeweled key necklace that Christian had given her earlier that day. They were all real diamonds. And she wore her favorite hair band around her wrist that had a jeweled bow on it. Her hair was straightened and perfect as usual.

The three talked while they dressed and DJ styled their hair.

Once they were finished, they all three stood in front of the full size mirror and looked at one another.

“We look amazing,” DJ whispered wrapping her arms around her two best friends.

Cindy and Pepper smiled then DJ said, “Oh wait! I totally need a picture!”

DJ ran over to her bedside table drawer and pulled out her digital camera. She skipped back over and stood between Cindy and Pepper and said, “Say cheese!” and she snapped the picture.

They were all smiling with their hair all perfect and their faces perfectly beautiful.

“Well,” DJ sighed, “Are we ready to go?”

“Whenever you are!” Cindy said cheerfully and she headed over towards the door.

“Yeah,” Pepper said quietly.

DJ gave her a little hug because she knew she was still stressing about Ryan.

Once they went down the stairs DJ’s mom wanted a couple of pictures and DJ whined about how this wasn’t prom it was just one of the bigger dances of the year.

Then Pepper drove them all down to the school where the dance was.

Once they showed their school IDs and made their way into the building they admired the decorations that had gone up.

It was really dreamy; stars everywhere with the moon in the cafeteria. Clouds were everywhere and it was like being in a cartoon.

“This is all real?” DJ asked smiling.

“Yeah,” Cindy sighed in reply. Then they heard Christian yell, “Cindy!”

Cindy saw him further down the hallway in his outfit that matched Cindy’s, and she smiled, “And that is all mine.”

And she ran over to Christian and hugged him.

DJ and Pepper smiled at them and they walked down the hallway and found their dates sitting at one of the tables in the cafeteria.

“Jeremy!” DJ said walking over to him. He and Danny were in full tuxedos.

“DJ!” he said cheerfully turning to look at her and standing up. His eyes got wide when he saw her.

“Wow,” he said star struck, “You look amazing!”

DJ giggled.

Pepper walked over to Danny who had been sitting with Jeremy.

“You look beautiful,” he told her.

“Thanks,” Pepper said shyly.

After a few moments of silence DJ suggested they go into the gym which was where the music was coming from.

Jeremy wrapped his arm around DJ as they walked and Pepper held Danny’s hand, something about those things didn’t feel right to them.

They made their way into the gym where Dynamite by Taio Cruz was playing.

“Oh yay! I love this song!” DJ said cheerfully taking Jeremy out towards the dance floor where a bunch of people were already standing and dancing.

Pepper and Danny followed and they danced like crazy white women; well at least Pepper and DJ did.

^-^

Justin and Ryan had arrived a little earlier and were already standing in the gym with their dates. They weren’t too excited to be there because Summer and Meagan were just dancing with their giant group of friends while Ryan and Justin were left to stand and watch, and wait for DJ and Pepper to show up.

Once they did, the guys were in awe.

They looked stunning. Justin couldn’t keep his eyes off DJ and Ryan couldn’t keep his eyes off Pepper.

They were practically drooling from across the room.

Justin’s heart ached. He wanted to be able to call DJ his and he wanted to be called DJ’s. He wanted to be able to hold her, hug her, and kiss her just because he could.

Ryan was infuriated and depressed at the same time. He was hurt at how she avoided him all day and then had that spaz attack at lunch; and he wanted to punch Danny in the face again.

They watched as their dates smiled and danced with guys that weren’t them then Summer’s voice cut through their daze.

“Justy!” she shouted at him. He rolled his eyes at his pet name again.

Just then First Dance came on. He really felt like killing himself this time.

“I requested it! Come on slow dance with me!” Summer begged dragging him out onto the dance floor.

Justin rolled his eyes and Summer didn’t notice.

They made their way out onto the dance floor and Justin’s hands lay on her freakishly skinny hips. She felt like she was anorexic.

Ryan was over to his right with Meagan and he was pretending to enjoy it; just as much as Justin was.

They wanted Pepper and DJ so bad right now it wasn’t funny. And they were going to get them; tonight. Maybe. Or will they ruin it?
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry that this took so long. :P
Hope you liked? And liked the links? Haha!
Ok buddy!!! Your turn!!! Did ya get ma hint?
:D