Sequel: A New Beginning

The Life I Never Knew I Had

The Life I Never Knew I Had Chapter 2

The bright flashlights shined in my face, I used my hand to make a shield so I could see. One of the men grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the buggy. He pulled my hands behind my back and he held them there by my wrist.
I felt a sharp blade poke my back. “Walk” he hissed harshly.
I did as I was told and made my way into the thick forget.
I found it hard for me to walk, since I have been sitting for god knows how long.
It was dark and wet, which made it hard to walk.
There were two men in front of me, two beside me, and three in back of me, so my chances of escape were low.
But that doesn’t mean I wasn’t going to try.
I figured I could out run them.
I moved my hands to see how much space there was between me and the guy behind me. There wasn’t a lot, which was good.
I only had one shot at this.
I balled my hands into a fist and swung it back as hard and as fast as I could.
I hit the guy in the groin and he went down in pain.
I broke free and ran like my life depended on it. I sprinted ahead if the men in front.
I ran in a zigzag formation and never looked be hide me.
I didn’t know where I was running to, but I need to get away from the men.
I heard their heavy foot steps far behind me. They yelled to one another trying to figure out where I was.
As I looked behind me for a quick moment I fell in mud. I quickly got up, ignoring the pain that shot through me.
I continued to run in a zigzag formation.
I heard heavy footsteps not far behind me; I quickly hid behind a tree. I tried not to breathe so hard, so he won’t hear me.
He stopped and looked around using his flashlight.
I tried to tip toe away from him, but I step on a twig.
He pointed the flashlight at me and I took off like a mad woman.
I heard a gun shot and I suddenly fell to the ground in pain.
He shot me.
I held my arm and tried to get up and ran, but it was no use.
He came over to me chuckling.
He bent down and ripped off the bottom of my shirt and tided it around the arm to stop the blood.
He dragged me up by my good arm and pulled my hands behind my back. This time he tied them together. He replaced the knife on my back and pushed my forward.
The large men got back in their formation, but they were closer to me.
We walked for miles in the rain. I was tried, hungry, in pain, and I had to pee so badly.
I saw a faint light in the distance and an outline for a building. I guess we were getting closer to the place they were taking me.
We got closer and closer to the building. I realized it was more like a mansion then a building. I was in awe.
One of the men opened the door letting us in.
The bright light blinded me as we walked in.
Once my eyes got used to the light, I looked around the huge hall we were walking down.
It was beautiful. The walls were a nice peachy color and the paintings were breathtaking.
I felt like I have been here before.
We got to two huge double doors and we stopped.
“Lance,” the guy behind me said.
“Yeah boss?”
“Take holder her here, I’ll be back”
“Yes sir”
I felt his soft, warm hands be replaced with Lance’s cold rough hands.
He walked into the room, behind the double doors.
After a few minutes he came back.
I never really saw his face before.
He had dirty blonde hair and beautiful, piercing green eyes. He was tall, about six foot and muscular. He looked serious and about my age.
“Take her in” he said to Lance.
Lance roughly pushed me forward, indicting that I should start walking.
He led in into the room.
It was a very large room with three golden chairs.
The tallest on had a man sitting in it. He had short brown hair. He had on a black jacket with a white shirt under it. He was also wearing white pants and long black boots. He had a sword attached to his belt.
To his left was a woman with long blonde curly hair. She had on a long purple dress that rested on the floor. She half smiled at me sweetly.
Lastly on his right was a boy with long dirty blond hair that looked liked it was wind swept. He had on the same outfit has the man next to him, but he didn’t have on a jacket. He looked me up and down and smiled at me.
I looked at them confused.
What did they want with be.
“Hello, Princess Jennifer” the man in the middle said.
Wait! Princess?