‹ Prequel: Looking for a Lifeline
Sequel: Me or the Music?
Status: Coming Along Nicely :)

You're Not Alone.

1

*Third Person POV*

It had been two years, two long years since Corinne's death. The band was levelled out, all money issues settled, and another tour under their belts. Depression hung dimly over their heads, but smiles weren't in short supply. With thoughts of Corinne, memories, and stories they couldn't stop smiling. But one person who seemed the most hard hit, if you hadn't guessed, was Matt.

He didn't want to think about her being gone. He wanted her there. He wanted her in his arms, for purely selfish reasons only. He didn't want to move on with another girl. He wanted Corinne, his Corinne. People told him that she'd want him happy, want him to move on. He said they were full of bullshit. Full of stupid things. He had his mind set that there'd never be another girl as loving and fun as Corinne. But there's this funny thing in life and fate usually likes to prove us wrong.

Miles away, Marie sat in the middle of an empty stage, a microphone in her shaky hands. Her legs crossed underneath her, her head cast down as small tears slipped from her bright, almost inhuman, green eyes. Her light blonde hair falling into her face.

"I said sing."

Her eyes moved upwards as she stared him in the eyes, the evil eyes that scared her so badly. She titled her head up and sang. Watching him smile. She hated his smile, she hated making him happy. She finished, letting the microphone fall into her vacant lap.

"Good. Now you'd better be ready for tonight, this is a big deal. We have an actual band coming, and they need a co-headliner for this summer." He threw a notebook full of plans at her knees and walked away into the dark auditorium.

Her breath slowly emptied her lungs as she slid her feet out, balancing herself on the barstool as if she were in a do or die situation if she fell. She looked at the band's name in the book, it was familiar, of course. She had played her fingers until they bled trying to accomplish those guitar solos, the chords, played with notes and her voice until she could get songs in her octave.

Avenged Sevenfold

Of course she knew them. The current number one played song on her Ipod was Avenged Sevenfold. Her heart stuttered in her chest, they were going to watch her? Tonight? She looked up, wiping her eyes with her sleeve, as she heard a heavy door slam.

Someone walked down the middle of an aisly, clapping, smiling. She knew that gait all too well from watching videos, seeing them live. She could barely feel herself breathing.

"You must be Marie Pristen." He stood at the edge of the stage, she wondered how he could be smiling. Who hadn't heard? Two years wasn't enough time to get over losing someone you loved so dearly, she'd know first hand.

Her head nodded as he walked to the stairs "Thats m-m-me." She stammered as he walked closer, just his footstes on the stage made her blood pace quicken under her skin.

She stood up, brushing her hair to the side quickly as he extended his hand to her. She stared at if for a moment, as if she'd never seen a hand before. She moved her own out, letting him clasp his around her much, much, much smaller hand. The truth was, she'd just never seem one as big.

"I'm Matt Sanders." He looked her in the eyes, his heart slowly faultering also, confusing him a little. He'd felt that faulter only once before, and it had never come while meeting possible co-headlining acts.

She nodded her head slowly, in a manner he'd only seen one woman in his life nod before. "I know."

"Oh you do?" He smiled, trying to off set his sudden awkward feeling with a cocky grin at her knowledge "You listen to our stuff?"

She nodded again, and once more his heart faultered inside of him "Yeah."

"Well... I wanted to introduce myself before the show. Not to make you nervous or anything.." He smiled with a small chuckle "So... don't fuck up just because we're here."

Marie couldn't help but laugh at his comment, she nodded and stepped back to a comfortable distance, playing with the notebook in her hands "Yeah."

"Is that all you can say? Yeah?" He asked, laughing again, covering more feelings that had enveloped his body from her small, quiet laugh.

"No." She smiled up at him "I'm... I didn't even know you guys were uh.." She stuttered as the door oepned again.

"SANDERS! ASS! HERE! NOW!"

He rubbed the back of his neck and glanced back at the girl infront of him, something about the way she rolled her eyes as Brian yelled for him "I gotta go... the wife's calling."

She giggled, he threw around jokes as if the entire world hadn't seen the tragedy they went through "Ok."

"See you after the show?" He asked before hopping off the stage, turning to get her answer.

"Yea-... Definitely." She smiled a quirky smile as he gave her thumbs up before jogging away to the door. She sat down on the bar stool in a huff, looking around the stage. Within a matter of hours it'd be filled with her band, lights, and the cold floor in her sight would be covered with fans and random kids jumping around. She wasn't entirely famous, she never toured big before, she thought of herself as a bar singer, never thought she'd make it to tour with a rock band as huge as Avenged Sevenfold.
♠ ♠ ♠
I couldn't leave that story alone haha. I felt really bad for ending it like I did. If you're a new reader, I suggest you read the prequel, but to get the jist of it you really only have to read the last three chapters and the first chapter to get it. It gets self explanitory...

xoxoxo Comments are really nice, I just want to know this is being read :) thanksh :)

xxx