‹ Prequel: Looking for a Lifeline
Sequel: Me or the Music?
Status: Coming Along Nicely :)

You're Not Alone.

14

*Matt's POV*

"But I... You... Ok butt don't... STOP INTERRUPTING ME! Yes, I will. No, she isn't. He's right here.. Of course! Are you stupid?! Ugh... Yah but... WHAT?!" Marie's face dropped it's angry expression and turned to worry "Is she ok? No... Oh jeez, well yah we're coming back. No! No! We have to... I have to!" She sighed and sat down on the couch, her head in her hands as she nodded silently "Ok. Yep, bye. Yah, I'll tell them."

She threw her cell phone to the floor and burried her face in her hands, I could see her body shaking slightly.

"Hey, heeeyy." I sat down next to her "Are you ok? What's the matter?" I asked as she looked up at me, her cheeks stained with mascara covered tears.

"My Grandma's in- in- in the hospital.." She whimpered "I have to.. to... We..." She looked around the condo, we had packed up and were just waiting for the busses to come around "I can't stay here knowing she's back home in the hospital.."

I sighed "So you're pulling off?" I asked.

"Well..." She took a deep breath and looked around "I don't want to. But she's my grandmother, Matt. I can't not be there if something happens. She's eightyt-four."

"Yeah, I know." I sighed and pulled her into a hug "So we should let Larry know."

She nodded against me "I'm going to miss you, Matt."

"Who said I wasn't coming with you?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.

Marie let out a loud laugh and shook her head "You can't cancel the rest of a tour because of my grandmother, Matt, I won't let you."

"What if I want to be there for you?" I asked "Marie, you can't do this alone-"

"I have Grant, John, and my family. Matt." She sighed "You guys have to tour. I'm sorry but..."

"I know." I sighed and pulled out my cell phone "Let's get you guys on the next flight."

"Well, as much as I wan to be home with her, we can wait for the Boston show and go home from there." She shut my phone closed "I just have to tell the guys. They don't have to pull back, we can always get a fill in singer, since we finally got a drummer."

"No one can fill in for you." I laughed.

"We have a good fill in, believe me." She smiled and pulled out her cell phone, her fingers flying over the keys "Hey, Lora? It's Marie-" She paused as a loud shouted 'hello' came over the phone "Yeah, hi. So I was wondering, could you do a fill in for me?" There was a pause. Marie bit her lip "Well... like... three months?" Another loud scream "With Avenged Sevenfold." Loud scream "LORA! Stop it and listen! My grandma's in the hospital, and I'd feel horrible for pulling off this tour ok? You need to give me an answer please? PLEASE I love you?" Another loud noise "I knew it. Thank you sooo much! Yah, I'll email you with details and junk ok? Thank you millions babe, goodnight." She hung up and smiled at me.

"How can you ever replace a singer? That's like... wrong." I laughed.

"Believe me, you won't know the difference."

The door flung open and Grant walked in, followed by John "Bus is here!" John announced.

"Lora's coming to fill for me from Boston on, my Oma's back in the hospital." Marie announced. Grant ran over, pounced on Marie, and hugged her tight.

"I'M SO SORRY! Is it the same as last time?" He asked.

I could see tears welling in Marie's eyes and wondered what they knew that I didn't "Worse. Much worse. But I have to leave. You ok with Lora coming?"

"For sure! She's like... your twin." John smiled "But the bus is here! We should go!"

We all nodded and stood up. I linked my fingers with Marie's "Just like you huh?" I smirked as I took our luggage.

She smacked my arm "Don't screw her."

"I wouldn't. I'm still taking you to Huntington when this tour is over, so you'd bettter be ready." I kissed the top of her head "Ok?"

"Perfect." She smiled "I'm sorry for dropping out." She whispered as we loaded our things onto the bus.

"Don't be, it happens. We'll make the best of our time now, and then I'll see you when tour's over ok?"

She nodded and walked onto the bus with Grant, who said he'd help her write her email to Lora, and schedule her plane back. I leaned against the bus with a sigh.

"Hey, what's up with you?" Brian asked as he and Jackie walked over.

"Marie's leaving." I sighed and closed my eyes.

"WHAT?! What'd you do?!" Jackie asked loudly.

Brian and I stared at her "Excuse me?" Brian laughed.

"Sorry." She smiled sheepishly "What's up?"

"Her grandmother's in the hospital, so she's getting a fill in." I took a deep breath.

"You can't fill in a singer." Jackie muttered.

"That's what I said. But apparenly this girl is like her twin." I laughed a little, wondering exactly what we've gotten ourselves into.

"Well... this should be interesting." Brian laughed "Come on, the busses are leaving. Which one are you staying?"

"Her's, duh." I rolled my eyes as the two walked away. I opened the door and my ears were greeted by laughter and music.

I walked on and saw Grant dancing Marie around the room, both were smiling "Hey!" Grant smiled at me "Join our party, it's a happy party see?" He gestured at Marie's smile. She tilted her head back and laughed.

"A nice party." John jumped onto the couch with a thud "Because we need to smile, right Marlee?"

"Right." She smiiled and ran over to me, throwing her arms around my middle and pressing her face against my chest.

"And to what do I owe this molestation?" I laughed as she attempted to tickle my back.

"I'm going to miss you like crazy." She looked up at me with wide eyes "And I do not molest people... just you. And you, Matt, are not just a people. You are Matt."

"Your Matt?" I asked, mentally kicking myself with how cheesy I sounded.

"Yes." She smiled "As long as I get to be your Marie."

I nodded and kissed the top of her head "My Marie. All mine, be good while you're away ok?"

She nodded and stood on her tiptoes, pressing her lips gently to mine "Of course. As long as you're good on tour, and I still have eyes and ears here. Just because I'm gone doesn't mean I won't know what's going on, mister." She poked my chest with a giggle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awe! So cuttet. II liked this one :)

comments?

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo Jb

XXX