‹ Prequel: Looking for a Lifeline
Sequel: Me or the Music?
Status: Coming Along Nicely :)

You're Not Alone.

22

*Third Person POV*

Matt's arm was wrapped tight around Marie as they slept sound. His dreams were more of nightmares, and Marie was now awake and aware since his grip was getting tighter and had woken her up. Try as she might, there was no getting him to let go. She poked him, prodded him, and even tried shouting, but he was deep in sleep and she was becoming more scared with every moment.

"Matt." She groaned and pushed him, trying to free herself as he tossed and turned "MATT!" Marie shouted, poking his neck with her finger nail.

His eyes opened wide and stared back at her. Marie took a sharp breath in as he squeezed her suddenly, and harshly.

"Ouch! Matt what the fuck?" She yelped, her eyes watching his. They weren't their normal brown, they were almost black, his pupils were dialted as if he was straining to see in the pitch black, when it was actually day light out "Matt are you ok-"

Before she could finish her sentence, Matt was standing up. He had tossed her back on to the bed and stood staring at her.

"WHERE IS SHE?!" His voice was rough, like he'd been screaming for hours.

"What?" Marie asked, her voice small compared to the fear that was building inside of her.

"Where's Cori?!" He shouted and stared at Marie, his body language hinting to Marie that something was wrong, that he wasn't awake or must have actually gone over the deep end "WHAT DID YOU DO WITH HER?!" He shouted.

Marie opened her mouth to speak, but Matt cut her off by grabbing her shoulders. Marie couldn't help but let out an uncontrolled cry of pain "Matt please stop it! Just talk to me! Matt please!" She pleaded with him as he gripped her tighter.

Matt couldn't understand what was going on, inside his mind he was screaming to stop touching her, to stop hurting Marie the same way he had once hurt Corinne, but his body was taking over and he couldn't control himself. He felt tears in his eyes, he knew he needed to gain that control, or else he'd snap. He was doing it all over again.

Marie heaved in a breath and let out a shaky sob. Matt's brain clicked, and his hands let go. His eyes drew back to their normal color and his face decreased in heat. He stood back, his entire body shaking as he looked at Marie. She was staring at him with the most scared expression he'd ever seen on her face. Her eyes were watery, there were visible red marks on her arms, and she was shaking as much if not more than Matt was.

"Oh my gosh..." Matt whispered, taking deep breath "I'm so... I'm so sorry Marie... I... I Don't..." He looked at him self in the mirror on the bureau, staring at himself. Once again wondering exactly who he was looking at.

"Matt are you alright?"

Her words caught him off guard, he wasn't expecting her to actually care, he was expecting her to get up and cause some sort of damage to him and then leave. He would have, he knew it for a fact.

"I... I don't know." His eyes locked her's for a moment before he left, shutting the bedroom door behind him.

Marie sat on the bed, watching the door as Matt shut it behind him. She needed to talk to him, but she didn't want to. Frankly, even if she wasn't about to show him, she didn't want anything to do with him. She wasn't about to take this, to be afraid of someone she was with. This had never, in her wildest fears, been a place Marie would have pictured herself ending up. She knew Matt wasn't abusive, he wouldn't dare lay a hand on a women in a threatening way. But she knew this had happened before, with Corinne. Marie knew he had been having a nightmare about her, she just didn't know the extent.

With a sigh Marie stood up, her limbs shaking so badly she hed to hold on to the bed to gain her balance. She could hear Matt talking downstairs, and knew he was probably on the phone with one of the guys or something. Marie grabbed her purse and made her way to the bathroom. The fear that takes over your body when your in a predicament such as this, is unknown unless you have actually been so scared you can't stand, can't think, and can't controld your breathing.

Marie shut the door and placed her purse on the tiled flooring. She reached in and grabbed her makeup bag, shuffling around for a little. Then it caught the corner of her eye. On the shelf was an old fashioned shaving blade. A double edged razor. Marie reached out and carefully picked it up, lookng it over. Her mind was in a state of action to leave, to stop thinking about being hurt and be over with it. But her heart knew she loved Matt, no matter what happened.

She gently set it down on the counter and weighed her options. None of them having to do with the fact that Matt would have lost two women in his lifetime. All Marie's thoughts were purely selfish. She felt her eyes swelling again and took the razor, sliding down against the wall she grabbed a towel from the rack. Marie pulled her knees to her chest and placed the cold metal against her arm. Her mind running at a million miles an hour as she slowly ran it along her skin. Feeling it rip underneath. A small slive appeared, and slowly a small drop of blood formed, then another, and another. She made three more cuts, not too deep, she knew she'd regret it.

At the base of her hand, at the tenderest part of her wrist, she lightly hovered the blade over the nearly seethrough skin. Tears clouded her vision. She dropped the razor and reached into her bag, pulling her cell phone out. She opened a blank text message.

Matt please... Please please come up here I need you. I just need a hug.. I know it sounds dumb, please...

She sent it and rested her head against the wall as the blood trickled over her arm. She grabbed the towel and pressed it against her arm. There were loud footsteps on the other side of the wall, and they stopped.

"Marie?" Matt called out, his voice wavering "Marie where are you? I'm so sorry.." He walked to the bathroom door and knocked "Are you in here?"

Marie's breathing htiched, there was a part of her that wanted him to see, and a part that wondered if it'd hurt him more.

"Matt please don't be mad.." She whimpered "Matt I love you.. Please don't be mad at me.." Her voice was pitchy and tears spilled over her eyes.

"Marie? What's going on?" Matt asked, his voice concerned as he turned the handle. The door swung clear open and he looked around, his eyes floating down the wall and met her horrified face "Babe, why would I be mad at you?" He knelt down and pulled her into a hug, not noticing the towel, the razor between her feet, or the blood that was oozing onto the ground "Shhh, I'm sorry. I cracked, I am so sorry Marie... Why are you in here? I'm so sorry.." He whispered, pulling away "Why would I be mad at you?" He asked again, fully concerned.

*Matt's POV*

I looked around as she shook her head, biting her lips together "Marie, what's going on?" I asked, taking her hands in mine. I pulled my right one back, looking at it after a second, it was coated with blood. My eyes widened as they shot from her hand to her face, back to her left arm. There was a dark green towel pressed against it.

I tore it off and Marie let out a sob, my heart diving into my stomach "Oh my god.." I whispered, looking around to see one of my double edge razors on the floor "Marie, babe... I.."

"Don't be mad, please Matt don't be mad." She whimpered, pulling her knees to her chest.

"I'm only mad at myself, because I'm such a douche, Marie come on we have to clean that up babe." I picked her up and brought her to the sink, placing the blood stained towel in the corner. I wanted to cry, truthfully I did. I didn't want to see another person take their life because I was an asshole. I should be the one cutting myself up, not her.

"I'm sorry..." She sobbed "I don't know what I was thinking."

"It's ok." I whispered as I pressed a warm wet cloth against her arm. I lifted her up and sat her on the counter.

"I knew," She sniffled and caught her breath "If I was alone up here... I would have done it." She pointed to the small red indent on the tender part of her wrist. I gulped down the lump in my throat "I'm sorry.."

"No." I gently took her chin and tilted her face so our eyes were at the same level, which also meant I had to bend down a little "I'm sorry. I should have walked out of the room, I had some thought to, but I didn't. And it was stupid. I am so sorry, Marie. I never want you to do this again, even if you're this upset at me again. I want you to..." I paused and looked around. I grabbed her cell phone off the floor and opened the contacts list "I want you to call one of the guys, ok? If you're ever this mad at me again, or one of the girls. Because they'll put me back in my place, I'm so sorry..." I whispered as I quickly saved all the numbers to her phone. But when I looked up she was somewhat smiling "Are you ok?"

She took a shaky breath and shrugged, a small smile still on her face "I think I should call Zack and Brian. They can come kick your ass for me."

"Please, do." I handed her the phone "After... that." I gestured to the bedroom "I don't beleive I deserve you to stick around."

"Matt..." She sighed "You weren't... thinking right." Her non-bloody arm wrapped around my neck, her lips pressing lightly against my cheek.

"I should always be thinking right, because it's too dangerous if I don't." I sighed and picked her up, grabbing a roll of gauze from under the counter before I carried her downstairs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok. This story is ending soon. I don't beleive I can write anymore of it :( sorry.

Family issues are getting tough, this past weekend was a doozy. A wakeup call for my dad, but a doozy. Short and sweet: I was re-introdued to my old friend the double edge razor.

This chapter was 'inspired' by that I guess? I was on my bedroom floor and I txted my mom that I just needed her to understand and not be mad and I needed a hug. She came upstairs and found me, and thankfully because I really believe the next one would have been the last one. I had had it with everything.

Needless to say, I'm alive and somewhat well haha. LIfe looks brighter, and that's because it can only get brighter from that point.

hop[e you guys liked this, even though it's an attempted suicide chapter. But... anywho ;D

Like I said, I'll be ending it soon. Tear.