Status: Mildly Active

I Want Her

A Taste of Blood

“What is it like? How does it work?” He asked, his blue eyes encouraging me to go on.

“Well… I guess it’s like everyone has their own bubble around them. And it changes texture and color when your mood changes. And mine… mine’s defective I guess. It doesn’t have that wall that everyone else has. Mine takes in other people emotions… like a sponge.”

Eric seemed fascinated. “How long have you had this ability?” He asked.

“As long as I can remember. It was really hard to be around anyone. Before I could force my wall, I had to feel everyone. My teachers and classmates, even my parents, they all thought I was bi-polar.” I said. It was very strange, opening up to him and spilling. I never had anyone to talk to about it.

“What can you do with it?” He asked. I felt a flicker of greed in him, and I began to worry. Would he use me, if I am valuable to him? And when I was all used up, what then?

“Well… mostly it’s just a burden. There really aren’t any benefits.” I said slowly.

“Tell me what I’m feeling now.” He said. I took him in within a second.

“Curious. Intrigued.” I said softly.

“And now?” He asked. I took him in once again.

“The same.” He shook his head. “I can’t read thoughts. Only emotions. If you think about something that would make you angry, I wouldn’t know it until you actually feel angry. You’re still just curious.” His curiosity only burned stronger.

“What else?” He asked, pushing me to tell more. “Tell me everything.”
I sighed. “Well, when I touch people, it’s really hard to block them out. And when there’s a room full of people all feeling the same thing, that’s hard to block out once it’s in. This place is drenched in sexual feelings.”

“So when I feed from you, you feel as I do?” He asked. I swallowed audibly.
“I block it out.” I said to him, looking away.

“You didn’t the first time… What about when you have sex? Do you only feel your partner’s pleasure?” He asked.

I blushed. He was prying deep into my personal life. “I… I really don’t think that’s any of your business.”

“Why? You’re not a virgin, are you?” He asked, prying deeper. I started to feel a nudge of influence, and it came out before I thought about it.

“No, I’m not.” I said. And I blushed more.

“Well? What happened?” He asked, a small smile playing on his lips.

“Well…” I began. I didn’t really want to spill this much, but then again, I didn’t have anyone to talk to about this to. “I felt what he felt at first. But as we kept going, I felt my own feelings. We didn’t get far though. Someone came in the house and we had to stop.”

Eric nodded slowly, still staring at me. The he reached out and grasped my hands. I took in a deep breather, pain screaming in my wrist. Eric sighed and looked down at it. “You’re not going to be able to do anything with that wrist. Let me fix it.” He said, holding it carefully in one hand.

“What do you mean-“ I stared, stopping mid sentence as Eric sank his fangs into his wrist. He brought it towards my face, and the smell went up my nose. I quickly stood and backed away, shaking my head. In seconds, the wound had closed back up as if it was never there.
“Rory, drink it. It will heal you.” Eric said, stand up.

“No, that’s okay. I’ll just heal on my own. You don’t have to-“

And he was there again, his arm wrapped tightly around me. I struggled, but he had both my arms pinned to my side. With his other hand he dug his nails into his shoulder, dark thick blood welling up and flowing out past his finger tips. His hand fell away, leaving a messy hole for me to see, and he grasped me around the middle, and lifted me until I was eye level with it. I struggled harder, but it did no use under his iron grip. I felt his hand press the back of my head, inclining it forward. My lips touched blood, the metallic scent filling my lungs.

“Stop fighting it Rory. Just drink. You don’t have a choice.” Eric said in my ear. He was right of course. If Eric wanted it, Eric got it. I sighed with frustration, parted my lips, and felt his cool thick blood roll over my tongue.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subscribe. Hope you enjoy it :)