Status: Mildly Active

I Want Her

What Are You?

“Come with me” Said the sheriff, snatching up my violently shaking hand. Witnessing a vampire making was not on my list of things I’d like to see again. The sheriff led me off, a tall Asian vampire following closely behind.

“Eric” he said, and the sheriff stopped and turned to face him.

“Chow” Said the sheriff (Eric apparently) in his deep calm voice.

“I’m going to stay in town for a while. I’ll see you back at Fangtasia tomorrow night.” Said Chow, and Eric nodded his head. His hand tightened on my wrist, and we were off again.

“Get in” He commanded as we stopped at his dark sports car. He was in the car in a flash, no longer slowed by my sluggish human pace. I slid into the passenger seat. What was going to happen to me, now that I’m a vampires pet? We sat in silence, and I slowly put down my guard and let his aura in. This is something I’ve been able to do since I was a little girl. I had the ability to sense things about people, feel their personality and feel their emotion. I can also sense something deeper, though I’m not sure how it works. All I know is I can always sense who the dangerous people are, who would always be in a fight, who was smart, who was greedy.

Eric’s aura was powerful. He radiated strength, prowess, and skill. I could sense that even with all his power, he was still reserved and calm. He was an old vampire, he was slightly burdened, and very wise from what he had learned and seen. I pulled in more, trying to absorb more information, when his head snapped sideways to look at me.

“What are you?” he said in a low voice, his lips moving very little. My eyes widened. I had never had someone sense that I was taking them in before. Maybe this was because I’d never read a vampire before. I would imagine that they were more sensitive. I stared into his hard eyes for a moment.

“Nothing” I said. Eric continued to stare at me, obviously not believing me. I hadn’t noticed, but he seemed to had pulled over to the side of the road.

Eric leaned over the arm rest, hi face coming uncomfortably close to mine. His face was blank, his eyes penetrating. His aura screamed determination and influence, his entire being deeply consternated on willing me to obey him. “Tell me what you are.” He said, his blue eyes mesmerizingly intense.

I took a moment to ignore the automatic reaction to obey his feelings. I had to always keep my guard up, because I would be an emotional wreck otherwise. I was an emotion sponge before I learned to block it. People hide their emotions from the general public, but they’re still feeling it. So if I let my guard down in a restaurant, I could be happy, depressed, ecstatic, and nervous all at the same time. My family thought I was bi-polar. So, I hardened my porous sponge-like aura, blocking out his emotion to persuade me.

“Nothing” I said firmly, staring back into his eyes. His aura flickered with mild anger, and he grimaced, snatching away his gaze and accelerating back on the road. The rest of the car ride was silent, while I concentrated on not reacting to the stab of sharp emotions from Eric that came with each new thought.

I would have liked to sleep for the rest of the car ride, but Eric was thinking of things that brought on intense and random emotions. I sighed, and began to stop fighting it. His emotions washed over me, making my flinch slightly. Then slowly, I tried something I didn’t often try. I wasn’t very good at it. I tried to project my own emotions.

I started with my own aura. I closed my eyes and thought of oceans, windy grassy hills, a soft rainstorm pounding lightly on my window, things that relaxed me. My aura melted around me, ceasing its hard guarded texture, turning soft and fluffy and blue. I screwed up my face in concentration, and began to sweep my calm relaxed aura out to Eric. His current emotion (anger) tore a few holes in mine, but I continued to push, feeling him turn from fiery flickering anger to a soft rhythmic calm.

When I opened my eyes, Eric was staring at me. He sighed, mild frustration rolling off of him, but he became tranquil again, and then he looked back at the road. The car remained calm, and I drifted to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it. Please tell me what you think.