Status: Mildly Active

I Want Her

Singing in the Shower

“Eric… There’s a human girl on our couch” Said a women’s voice stirring me from my sleep. I allowed myself to wake up without opening my eyes. Her aura was mildly curious.

“Yes Pam” said Eric. “She’s my new pet.”

“She smells nice. Can I taste her?” said Pam after the sound of her heels clicked my way.

“No. She is mine” said Eric firmly.

“Alright, alright, don’t get your boxers in a bunch” Said Pam. “She got a name?”

“My name is Rory Tegan Knoll” I said, opening my eyes and stretching. Pam’s aura was mildly startled.

“Oh. She’s awake.” She said. I sat up and looked around.

“The bar opens in three hours. Get ready” Said Eric, before turning and engaging in a business conversation with Pam. I stood from the couch, knowing my hair was a matted mane of insanity. I looked down at my ripped dirty jeans, my bloody tank top. I slowly walk up to Eric and Pam, and waited for one of them to pause so I wouldn’t interrupt.

“Your human wants something” said Pam, looking at me. Eric looked over his shoulder, and looked at me expectantly.

“I don’t have any clothes, and the ones I’m wearing are filthy and bloody. And so am I. I really need a shower.” I said quietly, not meeting his eye. I was still slightly groggy, and wasn’t awake enough to harden my aura. Eric was contemplative, and slightly irritated.

“Pam. Take her to your house, and let her shower and borrow some of your clothes” Eric said. I looked up at Pam. She was at least a head taller than me, even without her pink pumps.

“My clothes will never fit her Eric. She’s a tiny little thing” Pam said, apparently thinking along the same lines. Eric’s aura bubbled with frustration. “Fine! Take her shopping. Get her what she needs, I don’t have the time. Bill Compton wants to meet… again.” Said Eric, sweeping out of the room.

Pam turned and looked down at me, her eyebrow raised. “Well… let’s get on with it. My car’s out back.”

I followed Pam to the back parking lot and to her flashy red convertible. It seemed to fit her personality. She slid inside gracefully, and I followed after her. Pam looked at me, started the car, and drove off. I clung to the arms rest. She drove like a crazy women.

When the car finally stopped, I wanted to throw myself out and kiss the ground. I suppose since Pam was a vampire she had much quicker reflexes and much keener eyes, which apparently in her mind gave her the okay to drive like a total maniac. I stumbled out of the car uneasily, looking around. Her house was small and quaint. She moved quickly to the door, and had to wait for me to catch up. Pam unlocked it and glided inside. I thought about how graceful she was, and tried to imitate her, but I gave up after I tripped a little over the threshold.

The house was simple and very clean. “Bathroom’s down the hall and to the left. Everything you need should be in there” Pam said, moving over to her couch. She began to flip through the latest fashion magazines, and I turned and found the bathroom.

It was cream colored and was a tad on the lavish side. It smelled clean and delicious, like lavender and chamomile. I quickly stripped my clothes and turned on the shower. It had a huge shower head, and it rained down on the bottom of the tub. It was glorious as I stepped in, feeling the water raining down on my back. I chose an innocent smelling shampoo and began to wash my hair.

As I worked my fingers into my dirty hair, I felt more and more relaxed. I began to feel Pam for the other room, and get small flickers of the neighbors feelings as they dreamt in the house next door. Pam was bored, but not impatient. I rinsed the shampoo from my hair, the water a faint brownish red. I poured more shampoo into my palm and worked it into my hair again. Soon, I felt the urge to sing. I started very quiet, feeling odd in a new strange house. But after a while I settled on “People Are Strange” by the Doors, and began to sing my little heart out. As I continued, Pam’s aura seemed to change and get closer. She was curious, and excited. I sang slightly quieter and took all of her in, curious myself to know what she was up to. I heard a phone dial.

“Eric?” said Pam, and there was a pause. “I think I’ve found us our fresh new source of entertainment. The girl can sing. You hear her?” She said, and there was a longer pause. “I’ll be sure to get something elegant.” I stopped listening and continued to sing until the song came to an end. Pam’s aura drifted away, and I relaxed.

Soon I was out of the shower, standing clad in a towel in Pam’s bedroom (though she obviously didn’t use it) with my hair dripping uncomfortably down my back. Pam was digging through her closet, trying to find something for me that would fit me so I didn’t have to go shopping naked. Pam came out with a faded red and black knit dress and tossed it at me. On her, it would have stopped halfway to her knees. On me, it came three inches past them. Pam pulled the material tightly in the back and began to pin it. I had a very thin frame, and Pam was long and broad. “You’re going to have to leave your hair down to hide all these pins” Pam said with a huff.

Soon, we were back in the car. “Pam, where are we going?” I asked quietly.

“The mall. We’ll get you some lounge clothes, some bar clothes, and a couple of long dresses. I’m feeling blue, or silver. It will make you stand out.” Answered Pam, not taking her eyes off the road.

I was silent for a moment. “And why do I need to stand out?” I asked timidly, slightly worried.

“Because you are going to be Fangtasia’s weekend live entertainment” Pam said.

“I’m going to sing in front of a group of vampires?!” I exclaimed, deeply concerned.

“Well, there usually aren’t much more than four or five vampires in Fangtasia. Most of our patrons are fang-bangers” said Pam matter of factly. I nodded and shut up, not reassured at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please tell me how you like it so far :)