Good Times Can Lead To Changed Lives

Chapter 2.

2.

Alex Gaskarth was the kind of guy that was popular in High School, he got decent grades, dated all the popular girls and knew how to let things go occasionally. He never did know that all the parties would become an addiction to him, part of his lifestyle. It wasn’t as if he knew that he’d let himself get too into the scene but he knew that he needed a quick escape and for him, the party scene was that escape. It was like a calling and he didn’t want to enjoy it with anyone else apart from his best friend, Jack Barakat.

He wanted to live each night, after a rather boring and excruciatingly long day, to the fullest. To just drop everything, all the stresses and worries from the day of hard work and just lose himself in music, girls and booze. Not to mention in the company of his best friend as well, who else would he want to share all the good times with, if it wasn’t Jack? There was no one, to Alex, that even came close to the standards that Jack set for a party, he knew how to have a good time and he was certainly one to get a true party started. That was until he started acting all distant.

Each night after work Alex would go round to his house to pick him up for another unforgettable night of drinking and girls, only to find as he stepped through the door that he wasn’t even ready or planning on getting ready for a night out either. No matter what Alex said or did, Jack’s mind was set to staying indoors with a nice, safe glass of red wine.

Seeing Jack so withdrawn from the party scene hurt Alex, it made him feel so rejected, abandoned even and it was a feeling that was so alien to him, he didn‘t like it but he didn‘t know what to do to get Jack back. In the end he just gave up trying to urge his best friend out of the house, instead he went out on his own and partied until the sun came up, not even thinking of his friend sat at home, all on his own.

With every drink that Alex consumed, the feeling of abandonment and rejection that radiated around him at Jack’s seemed to numb and settle at the back of his mind as he drank more than what he could handle and a little more than what Jack could to.

****

As the night carried on, along with Alex’s intoxication, the music got louder, the party got wilder, Alex got hornier and the girls got raunchier as they tantalizingly placed kisses upon Alex‘s neck, creeping ever so slowly up to his ear. His whole body shuddered with pleasure as the girl’s lingering breath touched his skin, the amount of pressure upon their enthusiasm made him grin widely as he took hold of their hands and led them to the dance floor, earning dark glances from a few men in the crowd.

It was only a few minutes after they reached the dance floor and had gotten through one song, that Alex felt himself zone out. The music was overpowering his ears, the girls scent was overpowering his nostrils and the alcohol was overpowering his system making him dizzy.

His feeble attempts to walk in a straight line were thwarted by everyone shoving into him as he passed, trying desperately to reach the bar for another drink. He could feel two rough hands pressing down on his shoulders forcing him towards the exit. No sooner had Alex been exposed to the cold air when he found himself horizontal on the ground. His cheek cushioned against the rough, cold gravel of the pavement, a small groan escaping from his lips as he tries to push himself up, his vision fading in and out.

You wouldn’t be surprised to hear that this wasn’t the first time that Alex had been thrown out of a club, but this was the first time that he didn’t know the reason of the throw out. Nor did he understand who the set of arms that had been placed round his waist and pulling him upright, belonged to, despite them whispering seductively into his ear, he was completely oblivious as to his surroundings and also to his feet, which were following clumsily after the woman who was pulling him towards an unknown car.

This wasn’t something that fazed Alex, but he still had a shred of sobriety inside of him, enough to know that he shouldn’t be following this person, that he should go back home or…to Jack, at least if he was at Jack then he knew that he was going to be safe and there was nothing to worry about.

The feeling that was overtaking his sobriety, was lust. The desire to feel the unburdened passion of the strange woman, to fling her over his shoulder as soon as the night was over. Just another part of his lifestyle, some would say. Alex knew that Jack would have been one of the ones to shake their heads at him and order him to change. However, Alex believed that they were too far out of the party scene to understand his need, his lust, his desire. He wasn’t about to change his lifestyle for anyone, not even his best friend.

****

Sunlight was creeping in through the lounge windows of the silent house, memories of last night still fresh in the air. Clothes were strewn across the floor, ruining the neat, precise look of the modern design of the house. In the hallway, a vase had been knocked off of it’s stand from the previous night, whilst in the bedroom the air smelt of sex, alcohol and sweat. In the bed, the covers lying abandoned on the floor, two sleeping figures were lying peacefully side by side.

The alarm clock on the bedside table buzzed loudly, causing one of the sleeping occupants to jerk awake, a groan escaping from the lips of the other stirring occupant. Besides the alarm clock, a phone was vibrating urgently, blasting out it’s ringtone until someone answered it’s call, it’s volume not faltering. An arm stretched out and lazily shut the alarm off before reaching towards the cell phone, pressing it up against their ear tiredly.

“Hel-” Alex started to mumble, his head pounding terribly.

“Alex, I need your help. Can you come over please?”

“Erm.” Alex hesitated, as he looked to the sleeping woman next to him, biting his bottom lip nervously. “Now’s really not a good time, Jack.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Here it is! Part two of the joint fic that I'm writing with the amazing Dibs, who helped make this chapter what it is :]
Sorry it took a while, but we both wanted it to be the perfect chapter.
Thoughts?

- Verisae