Status: In Progress

Nothing Else Matters

The Clothes make the Man

The night finally arrived where Adam could put on his new clothes. The black shirt came on first then the white tie then the black pants,belt,comb. He had everything but shoes his old ones had gotten wet the day before when he was swimming and still hadn't dryed though he wouldn't have worn them even if they were dry. He looked around worriedly for something to wear before suddenly realising what time it was and taking off barefoot down the dirt path.His heart pounded as loud as his feet on the dirt path both growing louder with every secound the school grew closer.
The lights were bright. So bright they lit up the surrounding area. On a piece of string hanging from one house to another there was a line of clothes at the very end was a pair of blue flip flops. Adam looked once than twice then took the flip flops quickly slipping them on and waking towards the bright light that read
"Edenvile highschool talent show tonight!". A smile on his face and few steps more and inside he whent. A crowd of people he never even knew could fit into one hallway suddenly appeared to him as he walked inside and as the clock struck the hour people abruptly began moving.
Without warning he was suddenly being carried with the crowd swiftly into a large room with many lights abouve him all pointing to the stage with rows of large red seats filling out the rest of he room. He took a seat in the far back away from all the strangers and waited anxiously. Out from the curtains on the stage stepped a man who said a few words then the first contestant came out then the secound,third,forth. They all were decent with there entertainment and everyone clapped politly, But then Eve's name was called and she walked in a snow white dress. The room was instantly devioded of all noise as this illumious being appeared on stage and opened her mouth. The voice that came out was that of all the angels in heaven combined. In that moment everyone felt the same feelings for Eve as Adam. To that audience. Nothing else mattered but hearing that young girl sing songs with her voice laced with milk and honey.
When the show was over and everyone had moved outside Adam started desperatly looking for the star performer left and right his eyes darted til he caught a glimps of her hair suddenly from inside the crowd. He moved to the edge quickly smiling happily getting closer and closer to the singing angel when suddenly a clearing opened and he saw him. Eve was standing there with a tall dark haired boy about her age with a sharp looking suit and his movie star looks. He was talking her up clearly flirting and she was laughing. Laughing! Adams blood boiled he turned on his heels and ran. Ran from the crowd, from her, from him, from everyone and as some people turned to look at the strange display the young man turned to Eve
"I knew there was something off about that fellow. He dressed preety weirdly."
"Clothes don't make the man you know." Eve said softly half talking to him while biting her lip.
"Clothes definatly make the man." The young man replied
"That guy has my sandals." replied another man
♠ ♠ ♠
This took me all night typing on a little keyboard.