Status: Fully active.

Who's Afraid of the Big, Bad Wolf?

Life Line

"Come on, you call yourselves werewolves? My grandmother could run faster then you"
I yelled at my pack as they ran back and forth, darting between trees.
Since I finally got some sleep, I felt like myself, I had energy to bitch again.
"Guess she's back to her old self"
"My leg's feel funny"
"I think she was right about the rain"
"Your not going to melt"
"Something doesn't feel right"


I smirked as I thought of everyone stuff getting drenched, should have listened.
Jacob came running from one of the bushes, pulling me out of my thoughts.
"What is it?" I asked, that's when I heard it, a howl.
I changed into my wolf form quickly, racing towards the sound, Jake followed closely.
The pack was close at our heels, I heard Leah cussing in her head, a leech circles her.
I made myself run faster.
We got to a clearing, where they were still circling around and around.
I had seen this bloodsucker before, dark hair, green eyes, It was one of them from my dream.
running as quickly as possible, I went between them, my teeth bared.
a growl erupted from my chest, the vampire took a step back, a dazed look on her face.
"There are more of you?"
I stepped closer to her, Leah was to my left, Jacob to right, I was glad he was here.
She turned and ran, they were fast that was for sure.
I followed her, Jacob and Leah right behind me, the leech ran right to the boundary line.
Fuck! Damn the Cullen's for having to live here, we couldn't get her.
I paced the line back and forth, waiting, but she didn't come back.

Billy was waiting on the porch with Carol, when me, Leah, and Jacob came back.
The pack was already there, Carol smiled at me and handed me some clothes, doing the same to Leah.
We both ran into Jake's shed, and changed into our clothes, the rain started to fall.
Billy smiled up at me, as Leah and I came through the door, I kissed his cheek.
Carol kissed my forehead, when I went to check on her, seeing if she needed any help.
"How was school?" she asked, handing me a box of cheese it's.
"Same old, I'm dangerous in gym though"
She rolled her eyes, "Don't take that class after this year"
"Will do, love you" I hugged her, and went into the living room with my pack.

Thunder crashed around me, I closed my eyes together, please don't let this be a nightmare.
"You can scream all you want, your baby girl isn't here to save you"
a child like voice said from around me, I could faintly smell the candy like scent.
Why was this happening now? I tried to block out the oncoming terror.
I felt my fingers dig into the ground,Was I laying down?
Slowly I got up, feeling around for something solid, my fingers grazed something sharp.
I stumbled forward, was that walls I felt? It was cold against my feverish hand.
Was I in hell?
Then brightness blinded me, the scene changed horribly fast, making me dizzy.
I froze at the sight in front of me.
I was in my house, in my room, a picture of me and Carol was in my hand, I studied it.
The date on the back was October 22, 2010.
Today's date, there came a scream from downstairs, I dropped the picture.
rushing into the kitchen, I saw Carol laying on the floor, tears stained her cheeks.
The bloodsucker from earlier was standing above her, smiling widely, grabbed Carol by her hair.
"What do you want?" asked my mother as she glared.
I tried to move forward, to protect her, but I couldn't move.
"NO! Get away from her" I shouted, tears fell from my eyes.
The leech laughed, her blood red eyes sparkled down at her.
I tried to lung at her again and again, but my legs were glued to this spot.
"I'm hungry, and Christy wants your daughter"
"You won't touch her, she is protected" Carol snarled.
"oh I know, we'll get her some how" then the parasite bent her head towards Carol's neck.
A scream pierced the air, it turned my blood go cold, I watched my mother die.

"CAROL" I heard myself scream, as I sat up quickly in bed, my thoughts tried to catch up.
Jacob scrambled out of bed, hurrying towards me.
I shook my head and got out of bed, my nightmare fresh in my mind.
Not really thinking straight, I opened the window and silently jumped out, not making one word.
Jacob was behind me, his footsteps silently rushed to keep up with me.
My body trembled, making my teeth clatter together, it took every will power I had not to change.
My feet picked up speed, I had to make sure it was really a nightmare, though Carol was safe.
She was sleeping on the couch at Billy's, I just had to make sure the leech wasn't there.
When I got to the porch, I noticed the door was slightly open, perhaps Sam forgot to close it?
I sniffed around, Sam's scent wasn't fresh, in fact none of my packs scent seemed fresh.
But a new scent so familiar to my nose now was there, wafting from the house.
The sweet flowery scent was mixed with sweet sickly smell, the smell of danger.
My heart froze, I turned towards Jacob who had just made it to me, he looked confused.
"Call Billy, ask him to check on Carol"
He nodded and pulled out his phone, my nerves doubled as I tried to be patience.
Jake's eyes shot up as he muttered something in the phone, he looked around.
"Okay dad, call Sam" he flipped his phone shut, turning back to me.
"She got a call from your cell, she thought you came back here"
I ran inside, the front door hung loosely from the hinges, someone busted the door in.
running upstairs, I busted into her room, her scent was everywhere.
"Carol" I yelled over and over again, searching for her, the house was pretty much ripped apart.
She wasn't here, she wasn't going to come back.
I walked into the kitchen, Jake was standing in the middle of the room, his nose flared.
Something red, and hot was on the floor in front of him, blood from the looks of it.
Carol's blood stained the marble tiles, the rust and salt smell made me sick to my stomach.
Jacob turned towards me, his eyes full of sorrow, he reached for me.
He knew as well as I did, she wasn't coming back.

And that's when I lost it, my mind flared up in rage, my sight turned dark.
I was going to kill someone.
For the first time in my life, I slipped away from control.
My hand grabbed something, I didn't know what it was, I threw it, Jacob ducked just in time.
The poor table didn't stand a chance against my strength.
Screaming and throwing things may seem childish, but really I just don't care anymore.
Tears fell from my eyes like a water spout that was broken.
Arms snaked around my waist, whoever it was seriously had no brain, I was about to change.
"Let go, I don't want to hurt you" I snapped.
Jacob turned me around, and I buried my face in his chest, hanging on to him.
Not once did my grip loosen on him, at least it was him seeing me break down into a mess.
I would regret this later,but right now I could care less.
If it meant I got at least a few hours of affection, then I would gladly take it.
Fate could give me this right? She took everything else from me, why couldn't I have this?
The pack showed up 20 minutes later, Jacob still had me in his arms, rocking me on the couch.
Not once did my eyes dry, Jacob didn't seem to mind his shirt getting wet.
Embry came over to take me from Jake, but I gripped his shirt tightly.
He was my life line, If he let me go I'd slip away from reality.
If I let him go, he'd die too, my one last anchor to life, I had to hold on to him.
"I got her Embry, go help Sam"
"Jacob do you know what your doing?" he asked, glancing over at me, I peeked up at him.
"Yes I do, I owe her this much, now go" his arms tightened around me.
I was still crying, still shaking, it wouldn't stop, I was so afraid I'd change and hurt him.
"It's alright, I'm taking you to Billy's, your safe" he whispered to me, I didn't reply.
I just wanted him here with me, he lost his mom, he knew what I was going through.
He was my other half, I knew this pain of mine hurt him too.
I didn't let him leave me once, thought he entire night.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my favorite chapter, Comment would be loved.