Status: Fully active.

Who's Afraid of the Big, Bad Wolf?

Top Dog

Image

"You know sometimes I wonder why you even try and be a father! Your never home for her, for us! Get out, just get the fuck out"
I felt myself shiver as I covered my ears with my hands, my knees pressed against my chest, as I laid there trying to block out the screaming voice of my mother. It was the 10th time this month that my father has been out, and coming home late.
"Shut up, your going to wake her up! Damn it Jane, you fucking know why I am home late! I can't just give it up" my father screamed, a thud echoed from the hallway, as if he punched a wall.
A small whimper left my mouth as the hot tears leaked down my cheeks silently, I didn't want them to know I was awake, they didn't need to be stressed more out over knowing I was awake. Why couldn't I wake up from this nightmare?
"You can't keep doing this? She's gonna find out, we promised not to let her know seeing as she won't be one of them!" my mom's voice went down an octave, I heard her sob. What was I missing? Was my dad gonna leave? What was going on?
"I'm the Alpha Jane, I have a job to do baby, I can't just give it up, I just can't." he said lowly, trying to also calm down, I uncovered my ears, forcing my little tears to stop. I was still afraid my dad was going to leave us, he was my rock.
There suddenly came a weird howl from outside my window, it's cries mixed with the thunder, it didn't scare me, just made me jump a little, I heard footsteps head down the stairs , my mother pleading with him not to go, and think of me.
Silently, I pressed my feet to the cool floor, my nightgown falling to my ankles as I quickly went to my door, he couldn't leave us, he couldn't leave my mom. I thought he loved us. The front door slammed and my mom hurried to her room, sobs echoing towards me.
I slipped out, hurrying after my father, the cool night air hit me hard, but I kept going. The rain soaked me as I ran towards the woods in front of my house, seeing footprints hoping they were my father's. I cried out as I fell over a root and landed in a mud puddle.
"Dad' I cried out, pulling myself up, that's when I saw him, standing around a bunch of wolves, talking to them. He was trembling, I took a step forwards, but I didn't reach him, he busted out of his skin, I heard my 9 year old voice produce a scream as I looked at the now brown eyed wolf in front of me.
The world went black.


After that night, I grew up much to fast, I was forced to make an oath never to tell a soul. I was told of werewolves, the legends, the pack, & vampires.
I now knew why I was now an Alpha, my father was the rightfully ruler amongst us. Did that mean I was suppose to fight Sam for his position? Wait did I seriously just ask myself that? I didn't want that, hell 6 months ago I wanted to be a human girl, with a normal life. But I should of know normal wasn't in my future, it never would be.
My mind started to remember where I was as my senses came around, I was on a flying death machine heading home to just sit on my ass and wait till this damn fight was over. Bella was in danger, and I was suppose to save her and Jake, resulting in the death of Carol, man I just want to wake up from this damn hell.
Someones warm hand pressed gently against my temple, as another person placed a cool object on my neck, it felt so good. I heard whispers above me as someone else lifted my head and placed a pillow under it.
"Will she be okay?" his frantic voice was so close, I wanted to reach out and calm him down, to let him know I was okay, but I stayed perfectly still, even the slightest movement would make them send questions of affection towards me. So I just laid there willing myself not to make a sound.
"Yes, but we have to get her to a doctor as soon as we land" another voice came from above me, their voice sounded friendly, a pair of cool fingers replaced the warm ones on my forehead, my senses went wild as the burning in my nose increased, my eyes watered up at the vile smell.
"You know even though I can't stand you, thank you for helping her Carlisle" whispered Jacob, as he laced his fingers through mine, squeezing them gently to let me know he was here, I calmed down knowing he was close and that the danger was only Carlisle.
Knowing that Jacob was close by made me relax, I mean I was now top dog, he had to keep me safe.
I slowly drifted back to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update, Thanks to song.of.the.stars, for the lovely banner.
Well I may be slow to update, because I am visiting family so when I get back I promise to update.
So comments would be loved.