Sequel: An Artist's Love
Status: complete

Ninja Mania

Home

Temari, Gaara and Kankuro were waiting for me when I got to the sand village. I said hello to them. Gaara gave me a big hug squeezing me hard.

“I missed you.” He said.

I nodded, “Me too.”

We disentangled from each other and I told Gaara I wanted to go home. I was exhausted. Gaara nodded but told me he wanted to walk me home. I grinned, he hadn’t done that since middle school. We walked home together, a big grin plastered on my face. We chatted along the way like we used to do. It had been a while since me and Gaara had just talked. When we finally got home I felt like I was about to pass out on the ground. Gaara walked me to my door and we said goodbye. I walked into my house and was confronted by my mother.

“Do you know what time it is young lady?” She said.

I shrugged, I had no clue. I just knew the sun had set some time ago.

“It’s elven at night. You were supposed to be back here around noon today.”

I shrugged again, “So my mission took a little longer than I thought.”

My mother rolled her eyes. “Just head to bed.” Was all she said.

I nodded, I was keeping so much from her. If she knew I was hanging out with bad guys I would be in a lot of trouble.I sighed was just about to get undressed when I heard a knock on my window. I jumped seeing Sasori at my window. I walked over and opened my window. He went sprawling in my room.

“What are you doing here?” I said, a little pouty.

He frowned, “You know this is my village too.”

I scoffed, “Yeah but you betrayed it so I don’t think that’s true anymore.”

He snorted, “Whatever. I shouldn’t have come.”

I shrugged. Sasori looked at me. “I came here to ask you out.”

I jumped in the air. “What!” I said my voice screeching.

Sasori put his hand over my mouth.

“Relax. It’s not me who wants to go out with you.”

“Who is it then?” Before he even said it I knew.

“It’s Deidara.”

I nodded, not surprised at all. We had definitely clicked all right.

“So what do you say?” He said.

“First off,” I said enunciating every word.

“Why couldn’t Deidara have asked me this?”

Sasori shrugged, “He’s on a mission. He knew he wouldn’t get a chance to ask you out so he asked me before he chickened out.”

I smiled, “He’s was that nervous?”

Sasori nodded, “He really likes you, trust me.”

I nodded, feeling all warm inside.

“So what’s your answer?”

I shrugged, “All right, where does he want to meet me?”

“At that new resturant that just opened here.”

“Shukaku’s?” I said. Sasori nodded, “That’s the one.”

“Well see you.” He said.

“Yeah. I said.”

That night I had a very strange dream. Deidara was in it and so was I. We were fighting a biju and our team work was excellent. After we beat the biju Deidara came up to me and congratulated me. He gave me a big hug that felt strangely intimate and then he pressed his lips against mine. He wasn’t hestitant at all. He knew what he wanted and he got it. I felt myself kissing him back and when I woke up I was in a cold sweat.

What a bizarre dream. It hadn’t even been the first date yet. Which reminded me that was today, how was I supposed to know what time I would meet him? I had nothing to worry about though Sasori was waiting for me by the village gate.

“Hey." I said.

“Hey.” He said.

“So what time am I supposed to meet him at the resturant?” I said.

“One O’ clock.” He said.

I nodded. He then started to leave.

“Wait.” I said. He turned around.

“What is it?” He said.

“Well. Since you decided to come all the way here don’t you want to do something with me?”

He looked at me funny.

“Like what?” He said.

“I could show you around the place. You could see how much it’s changed since you were last here.”

Sasori nodded, “That would be nice.”

I grinned and on that note we made our way to our first stop.