Sequel: An Artist's Love
Status: complete

Ninja Mania

The Akatsuki

Two hours later I felt sick and the guy riding the bird was being unnaturally quiet. He called himself something. Akatsuki I think. What was that? His name?

"You know you're being awfully quiet. I hoped for a little conversation."

The guy scoffed, "You want conversation girlie? All right first off what's your name?"

"It's Eya, and your is..?"

I said waiting for him to fill in the blank.

"Deidara."

"That's a nice name" I said.

Deidara laughed then, "Thanks, yours isn't bad either."

I wasn't sure if that was a compliment or not.

"So how long until we get to where ever we're going?"

"One more hour."

Great I thought. This would feel like an eternity.

"So are you an artist or something?" I said, curious.

He nodded, "I am are you?"

"Yes. I even have a sketch journal where I keep my sketches."

Deidara looked at me then genuinely thrilled.

"Really? That is so freaking cool! I have a sketch journal too. Sasori has one too but his only have puppet sketches in them. Mine are much more interesting."

I laughed then.

He looked at me puzzled.

"Something funny?"

I nodded, "You are."

Deidara looked baffled.

"It's just I can't believe you have a sketch journal."

"What's wrong with that?" He said, defending himself.

"Well you're a bad guy. Having a sketch journal is just too normal for you I think."

Deidara laughed then. Hard and long. When he finished he wiped his eyes.

"You're funny." He said simply.

I cocked my head. I didn't really think what I had said was so funny.

"If you say so." I said.

"So what else do you do besides art?" Deidara said.

I thought about his question for awhile.

" I write, take walks at night, swim, and read."

He grinned, " I like to read too."

I gave him a baffled look.

"Really?" He nodded.

"I love the book Frankenstein."

I laughed then. " Me too."

Deidara smiled at me. "You're interesting you know."

I grinned, "So are you."

Later we arrived at a place with a waterfall and a sealing jutsu at the top of a cave. Deidara landed his bird carefully, making sure to not splash us. He then made a hand sign. The rock in front of us started to go down. I gasped. That was so cool. Deidara hopped off his bird and gestured at me. I followed behind him, his bird trailing behind us.

We entered the cave and I was greeted by eight people. The first one I saw was a boy about nineteen. He had red hair and was in the same outfit as Deidara. In fact all of them were in Deidara's outfit. Was this a secret group or something? I next saw a blue guy with the features of a shark. I gasped he was creepy looking. Next I saw a guy who looked like he had a plant on the top of his head. I noticed two guys standing beside each other.

One had gray hair and the other had a mask on. His eyes were beady and green. I saw a guy with long black hair, pulled back in a ponytail. There was one girl. She had purple hair and a flower in her hair. I also saw a guy in an orange spiraling mask. It looked like a mask from Halloween. The last guy was transparent. He looked like a ghost. I was surprised at all of the people in the cave. They were all very eccentric.

The guy who was transparent spoke then, " Deidara do you have the jinckuri?"

Deidara nodded, "Yes Boss."

I gasped. The transparent dude was their boss? That was a shock.

"Is this some organization?" I said.

Deidara nodded, "We're called the Akatsuki."

So that's what that name was. The boss looked at me then.

"Deidara who's this?"

Deidara gestured at me, "This is Eya. She followed me because she wants her Kazekage back."

The boss sighed. "Well that's going to be hard since we plan on killing her precious Kazekage."
♠ ♠ ♠
I've introduced the Akatsuki here.