Status: Ramblings of a mixed opinion.

Field of Corpses

Trying to Find An Old Self

Why was I walking? I could have sworn that I had thought out driving a car the whole time, because I was never allowed to drive when I was living. My mom was always too scared, but when I died, it didn't seem to matter. I guess that's why I lost inetrest though; I was always the rebellious type.

I was still quite the rebel, even when half-dead. I never listened to rules, I wanted anarchy, and I hated the government even more so than I had started out. It there were any parents around, their only thoughts would be on how horrible I am. I wouldn't care though; I'd bite their heads off!

I was in a very rebellious mood as I continued running through Idaho. I felt like stealing a vehicle, but what would the odds be of finding one? One that worked well anyway. I hadn't seen a decent car the whole way here, so running was the only thing I felt like going with. Even though bits of skin kept falling off. I really was dying more than I had hoped. ...Maybe I wasn't the livliest.

I finally stopped running once the sky started turning that gray-blue color, letting me know it was morning. I had gone so far, once again, in so little time. I was surprised that I had made it so far, with the condition I was in now. I really was a corpse, and really nothing too much more. I guess I was like the corpse with few emotions, and thoughts. I hoped I could still speak. I could still breath a little. I guess my heart was still pathetically trying to beat.

Again, I started accepting that I was worhtless now. More so than I ever was. It was really quite bi-polar of me though, because one minute I would be so ready, while the next I was moving slow, allowing myself to turn into a zombie sooner. I couldn't make up my mind, which I guess was understandable, because it was getting mushy.

I was too late to be saved now, for sure. The odds of me stumbling across someone, or something, now was very faint. I was going to be become one with the country before I knew it.

I got sucked into my own thoughts again, and by the time I dug myself out, the sky was so much brighter, and I could see things around me better. I couldn't remember what direction I was going though, so now I was a lost zombie.

"Perfect," I grumbled to myself. "I just made myself die that much quicker."

I was talking aloud to make sure I could still speak. I was tempted to tear myself in half so I would have at least someone to talk to, but then that would make me only 1/4 bit of alive. Then again, I wouldn't trust that; I never was one for mathematics.

I definitely wasn't when it came to mile-age either, so I didn't care to try and think of how many miles I had gone. All I knew was that I was hungry, again, and I needed to find food fast. I think the reason the zombies died off so soon was because their lack of food. I always had the shitty human food, but now I am depending on their nasty habits. I am also craving digusting human bodies and animal carcuses too. I was not even close to being a 'beautiful creation' anymore. I was far from it.

My stomach growled, and it started to hurt again. The pain was always so intense, so I had to crouch down and hold my stomach in my arms. It was almost like the fetal position, but I never dared get fully on the ground, because it made me feel 'less' when I would do so. Being on the ground was degrating to me; I was a zombie, not a dead body waiting to be barried.

Ever since I died, I hated how the humans thought putting the bodies in the ground was a good idea. It was an awful thing to think about, and if I could still dream, that would be my nightmare. Being burried was like an insult to us zombies. I hoped I never had to be burried, even when I couldn't walk any more.

i stood to my feet again, and tried to ignore that annoying feeling in my gut, and I kept walking. I was sure to come across something soon...

That's when I smelled it. I was approaching something soon, or it was appraoching me. It smelled like an animal, and my mouth was getting watery. It smelled like a cat or something, and I knew that would be perfect to hold me through. I just wish I could smell how far away exactly, instead of just being able to tell it wasn't close by.

I kept walking, hoping I would come across something soon, and that's when I saw something way far ahead of me. Over yonder was something I could spot from miles away, yet I couldn't tell what it was. I knew I could see color though, and the color was drawing me closer. I had no idea where it was, and what it was doing, but I was curious by now. It had totally made me forget about my meal.

I decided to start running again, just to get there faster. Once I got closer, I was starting to make out what it was. I could see that it was a car now, and it didn't seem so bad. It was a bright blue Camaro, and I didn't even care what shape it might have been in. It looked new enough, and it was a car I'd be willing to drive.

I ran faster until I finally reached the vehicle, and I could tell it was someone's 'baby'. It had so many accessories, and parts added onto it, and it still had a Satelite Radio. I had my iPod, but now that every one was dead, I didn't have to think everything was mainstream anymore; I was the only one who could like it.

I got into the car and hoped it would still turn on. It looked like it had been stopped for some reason, and then attacked by zombies from the outside. The driver must have been in love the car though, and gotten out to protect it. I couldn't find the keys, but I saw a few bodies around, close enough.

I sighed as I knew what I was supposed to do, and I got out of the car slowly. I shuffled my feet over to the few bodies around and started searching their clothes and hands. Out of all the bodies I checked, I couldn't find a single key. I had a few bodies left to check, and if I didn't find the keys, I was going to 'rest' inside the car anyway.

I might have been dead, but I was still feeling the heat. It wasn't quite summer, but it was getting close. I would have been happy if I was still alive more, but I couldn't feel happiness. I always liked summer though; I hated winter. Even when I was my zombieself I hated winter. It made me even more bitter.

When I came to the last body, I kicked it several times, making the head fly off. I laughed as it went soaring through thr air, then shattered as the skull hit ground.

I just made myself a new game.

I went to kick the body again, but as I did so, the arm went skidding across the ground, and keys fell out of the hand. I went running after it, and yanked them from the ground quickly. I went back to the car, forgetting my game, and went to turn it on.

The first try, it did nothing. Same with the second, third, and fourth. I was about to give up, but I felt once last try wouldn't hurt. I only got pissed and honked the horn though. It was pretty loud, and I didn't care. The piece of shit wasn't starting, and now I knew anger was still within me.

I sighed, and glanced at my back-pack sitting on the other seat. I just sat for the longest moment, until I forgot why I even had the damn thing.

"It's not like I need to pack anything," I said to myself. Curiosity got to me though.

I sat up forward, slowly, and went to unzip my bag. Soon my nose was full with a sweet aroma, and I didn't want to stop smelling it. I had forgotten about the weed Paul had given to me.

I got anxious, and started to dig in. I pulled out a bag with joints, and I realized that was probably what I needed at that moment. I didn't need to calm down or anything, I just needed to get even more stupid so I would stop thinking into things.

Which was funny, because it was the exact opposite when I was living. I used to smoke, and I would think too much. I would be watching television, and a commercial would be on, and I would just think about it. I wouldn't watch the commercial, I would analyze it. That's how I got when I was sober and in zombie form though. Pot made that go away for a few hours, or until I came down, which lasted way longer when you were a zombie.

I lit the end with my lighter, and I sucked it in smoothly. It tasted wonderful, and it made me feel even better. By the time I was on my fourth hit, I was already stoned. Paul knew how to grow.

I kept the thing in my mouth, even though I stopped it from burning, and I tried to start the car on last time for 'shits-and-giggles'. Amazingly, the motor kicked up, and the car was running within seconds.

Even though I didn't feel excited, I still felt obligated to scream with 'joy'. I yelled as loud as I could, then peeled off into the direction I was heading before I stopped. The car went fast, and I'm sure my live-self would have been enjoying the ride.

I pretended though; it almost made me think I was actually having fun, with how high I was. It was almost perfect, until I passed something I didn't expect.

I drove by a small group of zombies running in the direction the the right of me. I wasn't sure where they were going, but I assumed they found an animal.

It got me to thinking though; I had a fast car, and they were on foot. I could beat them to the food, and I could get away from them too, for when they smelled the blood on me again. It actually sounded like an amazing plan in my head, so that was exactly what I was wanting to do.

I made a quick U-turn, then I went straight down the road they were all running. I never stopped being loud and obnoxious as I drove past, because for once I was finally able to feel like I was having fun again. I might have been for all I know, but I was too busy driving like a maniac to care. I just wanted to get to wherever it was they were going, and preferably before they did.
♠ ♠ ♠
[I was listenign to Toy Dolls as I wrote this x)]