Status: Ramblings of a mixed opinion.

Field of Corpses

Rotting, Oozy, Mushy Romance

Even if he wanted it too, I couldn't believe myself for kissing him. I didn't even know this guy's name, but I felt I was madly in love with him. Maybe it was because of how much we had already had in common, or maybe it was the fact he was so breath-taking. Even as we walked through the parking lot, trying to find his dog, I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. Everything about him seemed to have made my heart beat quicker than it ever has, being a zombie.

I could only trace my eyes all over him, now. I payed close attention to his shaggy black hair, sometimes falling over his beautiful green eyes. His face was still scar less, and I could see no signs of it rotting anywhere. The same went for the rest of his pale skin, which I still found to be attractive somehow. I guess after being a zombie for so long, I started liking certain things, but never did I think that a zombie could be so beautiful. He was still so far-from-dead-looking. In a way I was jealous, yet I was glad that I found someone so stunning. I had no intentions of looking away anytime soon, but he started to say something to me. I quickly turned my head away, making it look like I hadn't been staring.

"So, what's your name anyway?"

I looked back over at him. "Gloria. And your name?"

He smiled at me, and again I never thought I'd see someone as stunning. "Nice to meet you."

"Yea, it was under odd circumstances though."

"True, but, maybe we were meant to be..."

His words could have stopped my heart. "W-what do you mean?"

I probably made him think I didn't want 'us' to be anything, but I was really wondering how someone like him would want to be with someone like me. I was hardly a someone anymore...

"I mean, that you and me were meant to find each other."

"How do you figure though?"

"Who else would meet like that? You showed up out of nowhere and saved me, basically."

It was actually starting to make sense. "You saved me too..."

"How?"

I sort of scoffed at his question. "Look at me; I'm rotting more each day,

and I'm not far from complete death."

"How did I save you, though?"

"You showed up out of nowhere, and now I have something to stay

alive as long as possible for."

He almost seemed to be at a loss for words. He even looked away from me, and stared off ahead of himself.

It wasn't an awkward silence, but I hated the quiet anyway. I wanted to keep talking to him; I wanted to keep hearing his voice, even more so than just finally having someone to talk to. I was really falling for this guy...

"You know," Christian said turning back to look at me, "despite the rotting, tearing flesh... you're really beautiful."

His words shocked me, actually. How could anyone think that of me, and especially now that I was falling apart and rotting? I guess I was confused, but I so badly wanted to believe him, or at list act like I did. He at least said it to me, none the less.

Still, I couldn't help the weird look I gave him. "Really?"

"I think so. I take it you don't."

"I never have, and I probably never will."

"Well, I don't care, I think you're beautiful."

I could have stopped walking and kissed him right there; I so badly wanted to, but still, why should I want to do that? I just met him.

"Well, thanks." I smiled and looked away.

"You're smiling."

I was smiling because of what he said, and it made me smile more once I realized I didn't have to force this one.

"Weird, huh?"

He shook his head. "No."

I glanced at him, then back to the parking lot, by my car, to see his dog sitting next to it."

"There's your dog."

We were close enough now, so Christian saw and went straight for the dog.

He really seemed to like that thing, and I didn't understand how he didn't

want to eat it yet. I guess he's not quite dead yet, so he probably

wouldn't have, but it was still weird to me. I've never heard of a zombie

with a pet dog, not in any of the few years this shit all started.

"What's your dog's name?"

"Billie."

"You named your dog after Billie?"

"Why not?"

His answer made me smile a little bit, as I went for the door-handle on

my car. I went to get inside, then Christian asked me what I was doing.

"We're taking my car. Yours is pretty fucked, love."

He looked directly to his car, then looked back to mine. His would still

drive, but what was the point when it wasn't so nice anymore? You

could have any car in the world, now, so what would it matter?

He was still looking at mine, then he opened his door to get in. He let his

dog in first, then we both got into the car at the same time. We were

finally leaving, and I was finally on my way to California. I was so

hopeful that is was going to work out the way I wanted it to. As of then,

there was nothing I wanted more.

Miles down the road, Christian and I had been non-stop talking. We weren't talking about anything specific, and the subjects changed constantly, but it was still the fact I really did have someone I could talk to now. I didn't feel like I was going crazy anymore. I definitely didn't feel like I was hopeless anymore, either.

During one of our short silences, thinking of something to talk about, Christian glanced down at my cup holders and went to pick something up. I didn't look, but I quickly remembered what I had left there.

"What's this?" He asked, sort of handing it towards me.

"A joint." I said smiling.

I glanced over at Christian to see his reaction, and he was just staring at it.

"Want some?" I asked curiously.

He looked up at me with a smirk on his face. "Sure."

I somewhat laughed, then handed him the lighter from the cup holder. I didn't look over to see him take it, but soon i heard the lighter 'click' and a few seconds after, smoke was lingering in the air around me.

"Oh! I have an idea!"

He watched me roll my window up, then he handed me the joint. Soon, the smoke was all throughout the car, and we were gone.

With all the fun we were having, we lost track of time, and nothing seemed to matter. For the first time in years, I was actually having fun, and it was all because of Christian. Now it was starting to make sense how maybe I was falling for him already.

I had never met anyone like him in my life, and that was something I liked most. He already made me so happy, and I already felt we had this weird connection. In a way, I was starting to believe what he said, when he told me, "Maybe we were meant to be."