Status: Ramblings of a mixed opinion.

Field of Corpses

Dreaming, I Was Only Dreaming...

I wasn't used to anything that was happening; I had always been such a loner, even before I started dying. There was times I would hang out with friends, sure, but that was very rare. I found myself always making excuses not to, or friends doing the same to me. I was used to it, and by the time the rest of the world was dead, I had grown comforted by the loneliness. Now there was a form of happiness, and it felt like it was being pinned on me; Christian seemed so clueless, but he had to have known he was making me happy.

A feeling I thought didn't exist after so long...

Boredom was another feeling coming over me. I always loved long-road-trips, but that was because something exciting was ahead of me. Now it was just nerve racking, not knowing if we'd be able to find what we were searching for. Or if what we were looking for would even be living any more. It kind of scared me.

I guess another thing I didn't like about this boring trip was passing all the places I wanted to see. Being a loner, I took a lot of walks in my life. That was something I always enjoyed; walking alone, finding places to explore and feel like I discovered. It was adventurous. Now that I had someone with me, I couldn't do that. Especially when we were both on a quest to get our lives back.

A lot of things were going through my mind, and walks always helped that. Taking a long walk was the only thing I wanted to do, but every time I would look at the door-handle, I'd look over at Christian. How could I leave him? It's not that he couldn't take care of himself, I was just overly protective; Like he was with that stupid dog. He put hope back inside of me, and he was the only one who had been able to make me smile, without forcing it, in so long. He made me feel a bit of love too, even though I just met him. Of course I was protective of Christian.

Not only that, but the fact he had a fully living dog as his pet, and he was the only zombie who still wreaked of human flesh. If I couldn't see the parts of his beautiful skin where it looked like it was about to tear, and I didn't know he was a zombie too, I would have been tempted to bite into him. Other zombies were tempted though, how could they not be? Especially with that stupid dog. This being the other reason I felt I had to take care of him.

He was this precious thing I thought I could only dream about, and now here he is in my care. I didn't want anything to happen to him, but sitting in a car where everything but me was sleeping made it hard to not grasp that door-handle.

With one last look at Christian, and Billie in his lap, I made my decision.

I took a joint out of my back-pack, and tucked it behind my ear. I opened the door slowly, and shut it was quietly as I could.

Surprisingly, I didn't wake anyone, and I was free to take my walk...

Christian's dream...

The world was normal, and everything was perfect. There was no zombies around, and people walked the grounds. Stores were still in business, and cars filled the streets. Animals were free to roam outside again without hiding, and the same with people.

'Of course, the zombie thing was just a dream. How could I be so stupid? Zombies could never exist. There was no way humans could turn into such horrible looking things. People could never look so disgusting...' Christian thought, but instantly, one thing popped into mind.

'...But she, she wasn't ugly. Even with her rotting, torn skin, covered in gashes and blood, she was so... lovely.'

But how could he think such a thing? He was human, and she was a zombie. They were never meant to be.

Then again, she never stopped trying to protect me...

One.

She wanted to kill my dog though, I could see it in her eye.

Still, she never did, and she even saved him that one night.

Two.

Gloria couldn't have wanted me around, and she didn't even care for me; we had only known each other for the shortest while.

But she kissed me, and she had fun with me; I made her smile.

Three.

Christian looked down at his arms to find three gashes in his skin. He had no idea where they came from, but how did he not even notice them? They were so big, and so hard to miss. One made it look as if a huge chunk of skin came right off, exposing the bone underneath. How?

He kept walking, no longer thinking about a zombie girl he had dreamed about; a zombie girl he thought he was in love with. His mind was on what to do about these gashes, not even thinking about zombies and the possibility. There was just something wrong here, and he didn't know what to do.

The closest hospital wasn't too far, but how would he explain the wounds? They were out of nowhere, and they didn't even hurt. Not even if he touched them. He was more than confused, and all he wanted was to close his eyes, only to open them and find nothing was there. His skin would be back to normal, and it would have just been his mind playing a trick on himself...

Before he could even think on it more, he heard a noise from behind him. He stopped in place and heard the noise again. He turned around and saw a dog following him, barking every step Christian took. The dog was a husky, with dark patches around his eyes. He looked so familiar...

That's when he remembered.

The dog was Billie, and the zombies were not a dream.

He did fall in love with a dead girl, and she was the only one he wanted.

He had to find his Gloria.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me how I'm doing please. I could use some suggestions...