Status: Ramblings of a mixed opinion.

Field of Corpses

Love Kills

It was spreading everywhere. From Utah to Oregon, and Pennsylvania to Kentucky. It was across our entire country now, and the government had us out of reach from any other country and any help. They were the only ones allowed to leave, and they made it out just fine…

Everyone in the country was being ignored, because everyone else knew it was too late. It was just sad for the ones who actually didn’t deserve to die. The ones who got hurt, rather than hurt themselves. They didn’t die because they wanted to, they died because of others killing them. Whether it be emotional or physical killing, they still died and turned into zombies.

There was a rare case of the half-dead zombies, though. Many believed it a myth, as others didn’t think it could be possible. It was completely true though; there was only two half-dead zombies. There was never any found, and the only two who did exist, happened to live more close to each other than they thought.

In Oregon is where the half-zombie lived. He kept that hidden though; he made sure no one ever knew. He hid it from his friends, and he even hid it from his girlfriend. Everyday his heart would die a little more, and no one ever knew what was the cause. Deep down he knew though. He knew his emotional killer was someone he thought he loved. His girlfriend was his murderer. Yet, he kept his mouth shut and put up with the torture. He tried to put up with being dead and dying.

He went to school everyday, and he forced a smile around his friends. Inside though, he was rotting, and his heart was always seconds away from stopping. He couldn’t get away from himself, the pain, and his girlfriend, even though she lived many states away. That never bothered him though, the fact she was so far away. She already managed to stab his heart from afar. He didn’t need to her to be any closer. She’d already turned him into a zombie, and she wasn’t even near him to do so.

Months later, his girlfriend left him alone. That still killed Christian, though. He loved her so much, and all she did was hurt him. All he wanted was love and to be happy, but with her, that just wasn’t happening. He did love her though, but soon enough, he died enough to let the love start fading. Frankly, he didn’t even care if she turned into a zombie and died herself.

“Good riddance.” Christian thought to himself as a tear fell down his cheek. His girlfriend just called the relationship off again, not too long ago. He was going through emotional Hell and back, hence turning more and more into a zombie each time a memory would resurface. He knew he was more dead than alive, and he already knew he was becoming a zombie, if he wasn’t already one.

It was unfair, and cruel. He didn’t ask for death, and he didn’t want to be killed. He accepted his fate though, and continued to believe there was nothing to live for. Everything he ever wanted was always so far away. He never seemed to have been able just to keep something he loved close.

In California, there was his biggest love. So far away, but the only thing keeping his heart from dying completely. He knew he had to make it there one day, but each day he died a little more, he cared less and less. He didn’t care if he died now; at least then he wouldn’t feel any pain.

Christian lived his life a half-dead zombie amongst the other zombies who were completely dead. His friends had slowly died off, too, and his life was turning into nothing.
He often thought back to the day he started dying…

“Where’s Christian?” His brother asked worriedly. He hadn’t seen him since a few hours ago… back in their room… after what happened…

“Crying in the bathroom.” Their friend told him. “He won’t come out. He’s been in there for about an hour.”

“I should go see if he’s alright.”

“Good luck with that. He’s so miserable, I don’t think he’s willing to talk to anyone.”

Gaven ignored his friend and pushed on. His brother was in the bathroom, doing who knows what, and it was still the same day that Christian hurt himself.

There’s no knowing what happened, but he hurt himself because he knew he was dying. His girlfriend turned her back one too many times, and the last time was a stab wound and a bullet hole. Starting from that moment she slammed the door, he started to die. He knew it even hours later.

“Christian,” Gaven yelled, “what are you doing?”

There was no reply, and it concerned him. Before even thinking of some thoughtful words to lure him out, he did the next best thing. He slammed his body into the door and saw his brother lying on the floor as soon as the door bust open. He was a mess; he had a bandage over his wrist and black smudges under his eyes from where he’d been crying. The poor kid was in a state of broken hearts.

Gaven couldn’t do a thing. He saw in his brothers eyes that it was too late; his brother was dying. He knew the zombie rumors were true now, and he feared what was going to happen to his brother. He decided to keep his distance, but stay as close as he needed to, to help.

Days were getting longer, and Christian’s live was getting shorter. His friends were all leaving their separate ways, but he had nowhere to go. He stayed put in his now empty house, turning to music to keep him the tiniest bit alive. It worked, but he couldn’t spend his whole time this way. He was going to die eventually, and he needed someone to save him. He hated being alone, and because of that, he was rotting faster each day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sad chapter to write. :[