Status: Ramblings of a mixed opinion.

Field of Corpses

Speed Kills! Fast Cars! Cheap Thrills!

The walk through Oregon was shorter than he thought. Christian was already across, almost to Idaho. He was planning on getting as far as Pennsylvania, because what would the chances be of his purpose of life still being in California? He figured he would travel as much as he could, until he died fully, or his legs fell apart. He'd already been to, and lived in California; what more would there be to see? His favorite place covered with gore and walking bags of rotting flesh? He couldn't stand to see it that way.

He sighed as he came to the invisible line, which divided the two states, and went to step over. He didn't even look back over his shoulder as he crossed into Idaho. He was finally out of Oregon, but he had no excitement. There was nothing that could make him happy, especially while being stuck in Zombie Country. There was nothing cheerful about it, and there definitely wasn't anything to get excited about.

"Oooh, a dead body!" Christian said enthusiastically aloud as he passed, yet another, dead body lying on the ground. His sarcastic tone didn't exactly make itself clear, but there would be no way you could take his excitement over his discovery seriously.

He was talking to himself now, so he figured he would go crazy before he died. The Dead States of America would have a crazy zombie on their hands soon enough. Even if he didn't believe he was really going crazy, he just went over the thought.

How else would he push himself to take a trip across a place he didn't even give a shit about anymore?

There was just nothing to do, and he was surely bored. He was probably the only zombie who could actually get that way. It was possible, but it could never be known for sure. Christian just knew that he managed to be bored the entire time, even when 'getting away'.

His boredom came to a stop within an hour though. From the direction he was passing through, he had to go through the "rich" side of Idaho, where all the big, nice houses were. There could be nothing inside any of the houses Christian could want, but he did take an interest to something inside one of the garages.

It was as red as the blood splattered and smeared across the grounds, and it was daring him to approach it in a way. Even though it was covered in dust, dirt, and other things over the time of zombies, he could tell it was still a new car; hardly used. To any zombie it was just a red object, but to Christian, it was a beautiful car. He had never been able to drive and claim a red Corvette to himself.

If he were more alive, he'd be overly excited about his find. He may have been just at the beginning of his zombie transformation, but he was still dying after all. He couldn't feel much happiness at all. He hadn't for the longest time...

Running as fast as he could, he laughed as he was out-running the fat guy chasing after him. He hated rednecks, and that one just happened to get in the middle of Christian's immature pranks. He didn't exactly plan it out before he went after it, but it was just as fun.

He had smoked before he left to take a walk, so his mind was only thinking deeply of how he could make his day even better. He knew messing with people always had its fun, so he just needed to find a victim. Who better than the fat redneck filling up a tub of water with his hose?

Christian had seen this guy around before, and Christian wasn't exactly the man's favorite. Christian had it out for the guy ever since he was making fun of how he dressed. The comment about his shirt pissed him off most; the only thing going through Christian's head though was how he was going to pay this guy back.

He never had a chance though. The guy always did something to piss Christian off first, and ruin his little bit of the day. But not this time.

Now the guy wasn't expecting it, and Christian had his own 'revenge' for the redneck.This guy never did anything to Christian but say things to irritate the hell out of him, so he was going to do something beyond words.

Without the fat man watching, Christian snuck over to the guy's truck and pulled out a safety pin from one of his t-shirts. He scratched a huge anarchy symbol onto the right-door, and went over it multiple times to make sure it was a good scratch. Once he made sure it was good enough, he hurried over to the side of the house.

He made sure that the redneck wasn't looking, and he turned off the water to the hose. It stopped, and the redneck automatically started up.

"What the hell? The water jus' turn' off by itself." He said looking down at the house. "Must be suhin inside uh it."

He sat his beer down, and went to check the hose for kinks. Christian took the time to sneak over to the guy's beer, steal it, then shake up all of the others the guy had unopened.

Christian went running back to his original place once he heard the fat guy shuffling over, and he kept out of sight from the drunk. Now he just had to wait.

"Ahh, whur the hell did mah beer go?" The redneck asked aloud. He shook his head, then went to grab another one.

He went to open it where he stood, and it exploded out the opening. It got all over his face, and it sent him into a slur of swear words, then he went for another one. He did it two more times before he finally gave up.

Christian could have died from trying to hold his laughter in. He managed to do it though. He had to, or else his plan wouldn't work to its best.

He waited until the guy returned to his hose, and remembered he had a 'mystery' on his hands. Again he thought something was inside, so he went to look in.

"Perfect," Christian thought. "What a fucking dumbass."

Before Christian could so much as think of another word, the redneck had the end up the hose pressed against his eye. This was Christian's greatest chance to get back at this guy, and he took it to the fullest. He turned the water on, and in seconds the guy was freaking out.

Christian took the time to book it across the lawn, this time not needing to hold in his laughing. With one eye still open, the man saw him, and his first reaction was to chase after the punk who just damaged his beer and eye.

The man couldn't run, so Christian had nothing to worry about. He was having the best time he'd had in weeks. At the time, he wasn't even thinking about his girlfriend. At that moment, he was completely alive.


The door screeched a little as he opened it, but he was surprised to see the keys on the floor. He wasn't to pleased about prying them out of a skeleton's hand, but he was going to do it. It wasn't gross or anything, he just felt like he was stealing the car now. Which he really didn't care about, but still, he had to take away his driving time to break a few bones off his keys.

He got the remains of someones hand off the keys, and he put them into the ignition. He couldn't hide his smile as soon as the engine started up. He wasn't expecting it to start, at least not for a few tries. It sounded brand new though. He couldn't wait to see how fast it went.

He never really drove, but now he had no laws to follow. Everyone was already dead, so what was the worst he could do? It's not like he couldn't drive though; he just never had the chance. It was more peaceful now that everything was zombified though; no one was around to piss him off. No one else was driving, and he had no distractions. It was all pretty perfect.

If he ran out of gas, he had all the gas-stations in America to steal from. Really, everything in the world was his. Even if he didn't know it, everything was his, or going to be soon.