Status: Slow updates due to soccer and school.

These Lights Are Much Too Bright

Fancy Restaurants

I sat down in the restaurant.

It was a fancy, dimly lit places; in fact the whole place had a golden-ish glow to it. There were scented candles lit on every single table and celebrities were enjoying their meals around her everywhere. Of course the girls were most likely going to barf out the dessert and if they weren’t those types, they always ordered the skimpy salads.

Natasha rolled her eyes slightly at how Hollywood the place could be.

“What would you like?” the waitress asked.

“A steak, the biggest steak you have actually. Also, pasta, because I want lots and lots of carbs.” She eyed me with a shocked expression, probably wondering how I manage to stay thin and I just wanted to smirk a little knowing that my metabolism was fast and did wonders.

“So, how’s your week been?” I put down my menu and gave a good girl grin as I looked across the table to where the voice came from.

“Well it was quite spiffy, Mother.”

“That’s good to hear. What about you Jill?” my mother turned her attention to my friend who was practically bouncing in her seat while trying to decide what to order.

“Oh, well my week was pretty boring Mrs. T,” she began. I analyzed my mother as she cringed at being called Mrs. T, she preferred her first name, but Jill was brought up that everyone was mister and missus when it came to friend’s parents, teachers, etc. “Anyway, so I have no idea what Nat has been doing for the past week because she hasn’t even bother to call or hang out with me.”

I gulped a little in fear of becoming interrogated by my mother about my whereabouts. Truth be told there was no avoiding this, but I just had to cross my fingers and pray to god that she wouldn’t mind.

“What have you been doing Nat?” she asked with a plastered smile on her face which made me want to roll my eyes, but I abstained myself.

“Well nothing much really, just at the house most of the time; sleeping in. I did start hanging out with Taylor, the guy who lives across the street a little more.”

“Oh. I thought the two of you were not on speaking terms.”

“Well we are now,” I said wishing to cut the conversation short. I had always resented having these sort of conversations with my mother when my father wasn’t there. My dad was more laid back and he never made anything so intense. “Where’s Dad?”

“Oh you know, got held up at the company late.”

“Meeting didn’t go well I presume?”

“Yeah. Anyway, how did you and Taylor start talking so much again?” she asked keeping the conversation going on the same topic. Thankfully the food came and the possibly dumbest excuse came into my mind.

“You know what Mom, so hungry. Must. Chow. Down. Food!” I said finally as I grabbed a knife and a fork and began to cut my steak quickly while gobbling down the side dishes. There was a silence as my mother probably made a disgusted face and Jill watched me in complete horror, but this was the only way to avoid the topic of boy conversation with my mother. To be honest there was a great surprise within me for her not having gone psycho on me for speaking to a boy. She was very traditional, not to mention she liked to think of me as her innocent five year old daughter that she could still dress in frilly pink dresses.

“Woah there Nat,” Jill began to speak. “You might want to breathe and chew a little, you know …”

I turned my head slightly and decided she was right about it because my behavior had been a little too childish right there. Oh well, who cares?!
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this should have been up yesterday, but I thought mibba wasn't letting me log in, but one of the letters was fucked up on my computer and it screwed up the password and I didn't realize it. So my dad fixed my keyboard and I finally got into mibba so here was the chapter. Comment/whatever you must.
Next chapter might either be up Wednesday or next weekend, I'll see how busy I am.