The Scream Team

***-boys or Lost-boys? And A Pissed Boy.

Walking Frank home last night wasn’t as awkward as he had first expected, Gerard mused while polishing the bar top and humming along to a familiar tune emanating from the old jukebox in the corner. The younger seemed to have finally learned to relax when around him. Gerard could never understand why little Frank was so jumpy and nervous when around him or Matt. His pursed lips were slowly starting to reflect in the dark mahogany wood and he let himself take a small break. He walked out from behind the counter and tossed the polishing rag aside, striding over to the back room, eyes searching for the bar’s manager.

Gerard leant against the poster-covered wall and sighed tiredly, lighting up a cigarette. The cancer stick fit between his lips as he inhaled greedily and exhaled a small puff of midnight blue smoke into the stuffy air of his dingy surroundings. The boy’s hair half-hid his pretty face while its colored darkness accentuated his pallor stricken cheeks onto which blush crept slowly, rising like a tide as he stared quietly ahead, eyes ogling the scene displayed before his hidden frame.

Looking away may have been a proper thing to do, a thing his brother or maybe even Frank would have done, but he – he couldn’t. Averting his gaze wasn’t an option, not now when the man he had so much respect and admiration for was caught in the middle of the act that was going to destroy it all. Gerard’s eyes stung with prickly tears as they formed just beyond his lachrymal glands, threatening to surface, even against his will, as two tangled bodies in the far corner of the cramped room hissed and moaned in lust. Only one of the two was familiar to the boy’s bewildered mind and his eyes dropped to the stained concrete floor, though hesitantly, to avoid taking in any more of the ugly scene.

His nails were drawing out blooded half-moons on the fair flesh of his forearm as he spoke in a surprisingly calm voice.

“Jared, what you doing?”

The addressed man didn’t hesitate as he stood up from his previous awkward position on the dirty floor and the ginger, disheveled mess that was once underneath him stood up as well, grabbing for his clothes and whipping past Gerard, who stood in the doorway, frozen.

Jared, a man with enticing green eyes and a mischievous grin, glanced at his young employee and shrugged.

“Job interview.”

“I wasn’t interviewed like that.”

Jared’s rugged features were distorted by a self-satisfied smirk. In two strides he crossed the room and his face stood inches away from Gerard’s, his sweet breath tickling the boy’s lips while his index finger rested on his belt-buckle. Gerard shifted uncomfortably and averted his gaze from those piercing green eyes.

“See? That was why.”

“I was stating the obvious, not inquiring about your reasoning—

Plus, I’m not one of your whore-boys.”

The cockiness in his voice wasn’t intended but it echoed in Jared’s ears, flaring his temper. Still, the older of the two stood perfectly calm as he spoke:

“That might prove as a necessity one day. A lot of my regulars have taken special interest in you.”

He was quite possibly sure that he didn’t mean any of the words he had just uttered. But to see that moment’s hurt flashing across the boy’s striking face was well worth the lowly sound of his blackmail. He could never do him any harm, not to that pretty face.

“The very same day you ask of me to fuck a guy for cash will be the day when you’ll be looking for another sucker to pour drinks in this dump.”

Gerard turned on his heel and left the dingy back room, undoing his apron and chucking it in the far corner, pretending he didn’t hear the last words thrown at him by his employer.

“If you won’t, I’ll simply find out someone who will, Gee.”

He was fuming on his way home, chewing onto the cigarette filter stuck in between his chapped lips and glaring at his chucks as they dragged along the stained concrete. He had to keep that fucking job, losing it now would be ludicrous, not now when he had come so far, now that Jared had finally taken a liking towards him. Working for Jared meant protection for him and his friends. Even with the well-being of his best friends on the line, Gerard was still weighing his pros and cons as his feet dragged him farther away from the dingy backstreet.

Matt paced up and down his room, holding his breath in frustration. The whole Gerard-has-a-fucking-important-job thing was slowly getting to him. Who the fuck died and gave his best friend the right to make him feel like an idiot? God knew only Matt’s mother could pull that off and still be breathing afterwards (Matt’s respect for his mother was quite admirable, especially once you take in his tough attitude). He wasn’t a bleeding fool, he knew what he must have been up to down there in that dump. The whole concept of Gerard making money in a fair and legal way was completely unrealistic to him. Gerard had never been up to anything honest in his life, bar his family and friends. The boy couldn’t pass a maldito P.E. exercise without cheating!

¡ah, Jesús!

Matt’s head throbbed, he hated being out of control and right now, everything was slipping from his fingers like fine sand. All he ever really wanted to do was to leave this town, with his friend. Leave, not end up like another brain-dead suburban, lobotomized dickwad.

A sound, quite similar to the engine-roar of an eight-wheeler, snapped him out of his fervent thoughts and Matt’s eyes shot to the window as his fingers removed the dark drapes.

Someone was finally moving in into the empty house across the street. About time, too, that fucking place creeped him out at times. Always empty, lights always off, windows still and sad in a way.

A blonde boy sat on the front steps, eyes glazed over with sleep and something much like sadness. A couple of old-school earphones rested around his neck and his baby-blue hoodie was contrasted by the small lump of stained, ragged fabric in his hands, affectionately clutched to his chest. The ugly brown marks on it almost looked like… Nah, he was imagining things again. Matt would always do that – he’d see things that weren’t there. Over the past few months, he decided it would be better if he kept away from all possible conspiracy theories his mind pitched at him.

After noticing the Latino’s curious gaze, the blonde hid the rag under his hoodie and entered the house in quite the bad mood, slamming the front door in the process.

One of the movers cussed at him. The door slammed straight into his face.

A/N: Sorry about the shortness and vagueness of this update. I knew I left you waiting for too long so I decided to type an update, no matter how it turned out. If something's off style-wise tell me, but keep the plot questions to yourselves. Everything will be made clear in the future chapters. ;) Thank you for reading.