Status: For a contest; Done!

What Kind of Hero Dresses in Yellow?

Costumes.

Murmurs and giggles rang through the people in the store as the raven haired boy stepped out of the dressing room. “Ron, do I have to wear this?” he questioned the ginger.

“Ronald, Harry looks so silly! Why are we doing this?” the frizzy haired girl asked.

“’Mione, Harry is a hero now. Heroes have costumes.” the ginger replied.

The raven haired boy, Harry, looked down at himself. He was wearing purple tights; a purple shirt with “HP” on it along with his signature full circled glasses and his lightning bolt scar; a long green cape; and green underpants on the outside of his pants. He looked ridiculous as he walked out of the dressing stall. As he walked, he kept stepping on the cape. The shirt and the tights were way too large. They made him look bulky and gross. Eech!

The ginger, Ronald, on the other hand, chortled. “He looks hilarious!” he exclaimed through his fit of laughter. The murmurs of the crowd got louder. The brown hair girl, Hermione, turned around and pretended not to know those silly guys over there. Instead, she talked to one of her other friends, Maribel. Too bad Maribel spent her time having a laughing fit, just like Ronald. Hermione gave up and just went to pick out a new shirt instead of hanging out with the weirdoes.

“Harry, honey, a picture? Please, darling?” she pleaded. Harry’s cheeks turned red and he stomped back into the dressing stall to change. This outfit was so embarrassing. This next outfit was…non-human. As he walked out of the store his girlfriend broke out laughing. Ronald was trying to hold it in. It was really hard. Really. As Hermione walked over to the group, she had a perplexed look on his face.

“Harry?” she asked, unsure of whom was so alienated.

“Guilty as charged.” as he raised his hand.

“Well, you certainly look…different…” she trailed off as she stifled a laugh. Maribel stopped laughing long enough to get a good look at her boyfriend. He was all green, all and it looked a lot more like he dyed his skin than he was wearing a costume. Some how, Harry turned even more red as his girlfriend stared at him for a while.

“Maribel, luv, people are staring!” the raven haired boy hissed to his also raven haired girlfriend. Truthfully, the two looked more like siblings than a couple. Maribel just giggled.

“That’s it, I’m leaving.” Harry exclaimed as he stomped out of the store. "How could they treatme like that? Two of them are my best friends and one is my girlfriend! How is this happeni---” his thoughts were interrupted by a beeping noise. One of the people from the store rushed over to Harry.

“Sir, you’re going to have to pay for that, you know.” she informed him. He had a perplexed look on his face. To the worker, it gave off that “what-are-you-talking-about” aura. She pointed to his still green body. “The costume, sir.”

Oh. Right. He walked back into the store to see his girlfriend’s still trembling body. “Girls.” he muttered.

“Hey! Dude, if you haven’t noticed, I am your girl friend. And it’s one thing to hurt me, but what about Ronnykins?” she joked..

“I’m offended!” Ronald replied.

“I’m surprised. You used ‘offended’ correctly.” Hermione added.
“’Mione, you’re so mean!” he retorted.

“Aww, would the whiney little baby like for me to stop? Would he? Would he?” she teased.

“Yes, yes he would.” Ronald admitted. Maribel and Hermione giggled as Ronald’s face turned redder than a tomato.

Harry watched them as a smile crept on his face. He walked into his stall and began to take off the costume. After taking off most of the costume, he realized the clothes he came in were not in the stall. Where did they go?

“I have them!” Mari sang. “Try on the last costume and I’ll give you back your clothes!”

“Luv, can I please have my clothes back, I’m freezing in here!” Harry yelled.

“If you want your clothes back, me and Hermione will go back in there and dress you. Or you could try on the costume and then dress yourself. Take your pick.” she replied.

Reluctantly, Harry came out of the stall wearing his next costume; A yellow jumpsuit with a silver triangle at the top with a black outline. Whistles rang through out the room. Harry realized they weren’t for him when he turned to the right and saw his girlfriend come out of the next stall wearing the exact same costume, except more revealing.

“Merlin, Mari, where did you get that figure?” Ronald asked, looking flabbergasted. Hermione thumped him on the back of his head.

Mari walked over to her boyfriend. “How do you like it? We match! I could be -like- your sidekick!” as she kicked her leg up high.

“You look great. You really do, but what kind of hero dresses in yellow?” he asked.

As Maribel’s sister walked by, she gave some disapproving “tsks”. “Bruce Lee. Robin and Batman wear yellow. How about Wolverine?” she pointed out. “Shall I add more?” she added as she walked away, shaking her head and muttered, “Kids these days.”

“Are insanely awesome? Thanks!” Maribel added to her sister’s words.

-----------

As the foursome walked out of the store they chatted about the costumes and clothes they bought.

“So did anyone actually buy a costume?” Hermione asked.

A chorus of “No!” rang through them. Little did they know one of them had something yellow and silver sticking out of their bag…
♠ ♠ ♠
I kind of enjoyed the ending. It was not one of my better ones. Oh, trust me.