Status: Will be finished soon. Very soon.

Yours Truly

4

I told you to stay away from me. But you didn’t. You kept going on. You were persistent. You didn’t stop. You bothered me when I didn’t want to be bothered. You called at night. You talked for minutes upon minutes. It didn’t matter to you that the conversations were mainly monopolized. All that mattered to you was that I was at the other end of the phone line. Listening.

Even though I pushed you away at every turn, at every chance I got, you never left. You were always there. And then something strange happened…I started relying on you, on your incessant chatter to get me through the day. I started looking forward to your calls. It’s as if my heart started growing wings, small wings, feeble wings, but wings.

The walls I had built around myself for so many years began crumbling. Many years ago, before I met you and I was laying the foundations for building these walls, I had thought that I didn’t want anyone to be close to me. I didn’t want anyone to care. I didn’t need anyone, that I was fine on my own. But now, now that you’ve trespassed into my territory and that I don’t mind it as much as I thought I would, I realize something, I realize that people don’t build walls around themselves to shut others out, they build walls to see who cares enough to tear them down.

So I am thankful that I met you, as stubborn and persistent as you are. And for this, I am indebted to you always.