Status: Will be finished soon. Very soon.

Yours Truly

6

The final blow had broken skin. I needed first aid at that very moment. The blood had distracted him for some time. He was looking at his bloodied hands when I quietly gotten up, wiped my bloody arm and made for the door. There was a general store right down the lane. It was a ten-minute walk from my house. I wasn’t bleeding nearly as much as I had been awhile ago so I decided to walk.

I was in the store when I had received your message saying that you were at my house, wanting to meet me. It was nothing new, you often dropped by my house. This time however I was a bit antsy. My brother might still be at my house. Or he might not. I didn’t know. I messaged back that I’d be there in a few minutes.

As the line inched forward I felt oddly on edge. I couldn’t think clearly, like something was fogging my mind. I stared down at the box of bandages in my hand. Then I remembered.

My brother wasn’t going anywhere today. He would be home. You would be home. My heart racing I took out my cell phone and dialed your number s fast as could. In my hurry I dialed the wrong number again and again. Until the fourth time I finally got your number right. You picked up after the fifth bell. My heart hammering in my chest I asked you if you were okay. You sounded perplexed and confused, “why wouldn’t I be?” You had asked. I stammered a response in return, I wanted to tell you that it wasn’t safe, at my house, for you specially, but I didn’t tell you this. I told you I would be over in a few minutes.
In front of me an elderly lady was having some trouble with her meds. I tapped my foot impatiently, still on edge. It was finally my turn when I received your call.