She Once Said

Snow

What he had done flashed in her lifeless eyes. All she could see were all the wrongs he did to her and the snow that silently felt on the floor where she laid.
How could she have been used like that? She knew his reputation but he should have known that she loved him. And for a moment in time she though he loved her too.
All the attentions he surrounded her with. The dances they shared. He even took her out for a walk in the garden. But that of course was part of his mean, heartless plan.

The garden was desert and he felt free to touch her and make her empty promises about how alright it was, since they were going to be together forever. The worst part was that she believed him. She let him abuse her although it felt so wrong and hurted so much. She thought it would get better later on.

She couldn’t be more wrong.
The same and guilt she felt only became stronger and the hurt in her chest only became more unbearable. The weight she felt on her lungs only became heavier and made it so hard for her to breath.

But now all of that was going away. She barely felt the snow that kept on falling on her. She did no longer shiver from the cold. Her eyes were heavy and her breathing was becoming slower. She decided she could use some sleep, it had been a long day after all.

Two days later they find her. So beautiful. Pale alabaster skin. Big curls of brown hair adorned by little snow flakes. Long dress fitting her tiny body. Without a heartbeat. Dead.

She once said “I find more beauty in death than in life”.