Sequel: Besitos
Status: Complete.

Doll Face

The Comedown

The first few days of living here, in Florida, were pure pain. I cried myself to sleep a couple of times and others I pushed the feeling aside because the past is the past and doesn’t need to be resurfaced. I missed Vic with a passion and I felt so bad for all the lies I told him. My roommate eventually replaced Mike, granted we haven’t gotten as close because she’s an indie kid but with music differences aside we’re pretty tight. We both started summer classes and love them so much that, that’s practally all we talk about. Then a few more months went by and things just became routine.

I sighed as I looked in the mirror at myself. My hair was teased at the top and split into two little braids at the bottom. Just enough to keep my hair out of my face in this summer weather. I was beyond happy and wide awake at six in the morning because while most people were sleeping in my roommate and I were going to Warped Tour today. I looked forward to this event every year because it simply was the best thing ever and plus a few of my favorite bands are playing.

At the venue, my roommate went off in one direction and I the other. One of my favorite post-hardcore bands were playing so I stayed for a good half hour before moving on. I walked around aimlessly until I found a band member I recognized or a merch tent that caught my attiontion. Most of my morning went on in this fashion until I got hungry. In which case I hunted down my roommate and we bought some food. We told each other funny stories and the weird things we saw then went back to our separate ways. Honestly I was getting slightly lonely and it saddened me to see just about everyone else with a group of friends.

I was making another round through the rows of merch tents when a hand covered my eyes and another covered my mouth. I squirmed in attempt to get away but was clutched tighter to the person’s chest. The hands that covered my face were slightly rough and calloused like a mans hands would be. The body I was pressed against was strong, toned and I could’ve sworn I’ve felt every inch of this body before. His chin rested on my shoulder as I felt a warm breath whisper in my ear, “Guess who, doll face?”

I knew exactly who it was. Once he removed his hand from my mouth I breathed out, “Vic.”

Vic spun me around to face himself and hugged me. “I’ve missed you so much doll face.”

A million emotions rushed into me at once. I wanted to hug him back and tell him how much I’ve missed him but I knew I should still be mad at him. “Victor! What are you doing here? I do believe I told you not to look for me. Just leave, I don’t want to see you,” I raised my voice just enough to get my point across but not enough to create a scene.

“Allison, you’re not mad at me. So who are you trying to convince?”

“You don’t know me.”

“Maybe not but I do know what you told me.”

“Oh yeah? And what was that?”

“First of all you were right, I did get my band big, we just released our debut album and now we’re on tour. Meaning I didn’t give up on my dream and it looks like you haven’t either. Secondly, all while doing this I never forgot you doll face. So no, I never let you go my dear and I still love you. And you want to know how I know? Because when I told you I loved you I closed my eyes ‘cause I started going into shock. I was still concious and I held on to every word you said. Remember when you came into my hospital room to yell at me? Well before the yelling you gave a heart felt speech that I pretended to sleep through and when the Allison I know decides to return, tell me because her best friend, Mikey, is heart broken because he didn’t get a goodbye.”

I started crying because it hurt to hear Vic talk to me like that and I still love him.

“Awe, doll face. Come here, it’s okay,” Vic said gently as he pulled me into an embrace.

I roughly placed my hand on his chest and laughed, “I hate you, Vic. You know that?” Vic laughed with me and I continued, “Oh and Vic? I still love you.”

He grinned, picked me up and spun me around. I locked my legs around his waist and kissed him. Vic was mine again.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's done tell me how much you like it!
Now I will be turning all my attention to She Likes.
Title credit: Bring Me The Horizon