Status: Finished!

The Last Night

Chapter 30

"You look cute." Johnny smiled, pulling me into his arms.

"Is it okay?" I asked, unsure.

He pulled my chin up to look at him. "It looks great." He pecked my lips softly.

"You know, you keep doing that as if we're a couple or something," I said, eying him as I grabbed my bag.

He shoved his hands into his pockets. "Well, you know..." He stuttered, shrugging his shoulders.

I smiled, walking over to him and kissing his cheek. "Is there something you would like to say?" I asked. He was so cute when he was bashful.

He sighed, looking up at me. "I have feelings for you, and you seem to share the same feelings. So, I was wondering..."

"Yes, Johnny." I laughed softly, trying to save him the trouble.

He looked up at me, smiling a crooked smile. "Really?"

I leaned in and kissed him softly. "Really."

"Okay, you two, stop being sickeningly sweet. I would like to eat tonight," Stac said, walking out and interrupting us... Again.

"Just wait 'till you get a boyfriend again, Stac. You're going to act the same exact way," I said, smirking at her.

"Will not," she said, crossing her arms over her chest.

I rolled my eyes. "Sure."

"Let's go." Johnny laughed, taking his hand in mine and walking out of the apartment. I drove with him, while Stac took her car just in case she... Met someone tonight. I swear, that girl needs to get laid. Maybe she'll smile more.

"You and Stac seem to be doing good with the apartment and moving out here."

I nodded. "She wasn't in the best of situations either. She always said that she was going to break me out of there and we were both going to run." I smiled softly, remembering the nights we stayed out after a fight.

"How did you guys get so much money?" He asked curiously.

I shifted a bit, not knowing how he would take the news. "We fight," I mumbled.

He looked at me confused. "What do you mean?"

"Have you ever heard of under ground fighting?"

He almost slammed on the breaks. "Please don't tell me that's what you did?" I just nodded. "Why, Cass? Didn't that just make things worse for you?"

I shrugged. "Not really, I was already numb from when Dad would hit me. So it didn't really make a difference."

He took my hand in his. "Why would you put yourself into even more pain, though? Wasn't there anything else you could have done?"

"I guess, in a way, it didn't make me feel weak. I could actually fight back with them, unlike my dad. If I had just gotten a job at the mall or something, I would just wear make up to cover up my weakness."

"You aren't weak just because you wear make up, Cass," he said softly.

"It's hard to explain, Johnny." I sighed, looking out the window.

"Just, please promise me you won't do it anymore."

I stayed quiet for a few minutes. "I can't promise that."

He dropped the subject since we were pulling into Coby's drive. I got out and headed into the house, looking for everyone.

We found them all out back, laughing and having a good time. "Auntie Cassie!" Jagger yelled, running towards me.

"Hey, Bud." I laughed, kneeling down to give him a hug. "How are you?" I asked.

"Good! Are you here to stay now?"

I smiled, before nodding. "I am."

"Well that's good, or I would have to kidnap you and lock you in a closet," Jimmy said, walking over and wrapping me into a hug.

"Hey, Jimbo." I laughed, returning the hug.

This went the same for everyone else. I was scolded, hugged and fussed over. "So, what's goin' on with you and Short Shit?" Matt asked, a knowing smirk on his face.

"What?" Coby asked his head snapping over in our direction. "There better not be anything going on with you two," he said, pointing warningly.

I rolled my eyes. "Don't even start with me, Coby. I'm a big girl, I can date whoever I want," I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

He glowered at me. "Just don't make out in front of me," he grumbled.

I smirked, before walking over to Johnny. I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him into a heated kiss, of course he didn't object. When I pulled away, he had a goofy grin on his lips.

"Christ!" Coby yelled, and Johnny's eyes popped open wide.

"Better run!" Tobin said, laughing.

I sighed, laughing. This was nice... Feeling comfortable around everyone and not really having to worry about anything. Giving my brother a hard time, and messing around with the guys. Talking with the girls and playing with my nephews. Now this is the life I'd always wanted.

I never dreamed of this happening when I started my journey out the California. Never would have I thought that day on the highway would have led me here... But I'm glad it did. Because tonight was the night that I was going to start over. Tonight was the last night that I would ever think of my past.

Tonight was the last night that I would ever be alone.

You come to me with scars on your wrist
You tell me this will be the last night feeling like this
I just came to say goodbye
I didn't want you to see me cry, I'm fine
But I know it's a lie.

This is the last night you'll spend alone
Look me in the eyes so I know you know
I'm everywhere you want me to be.
The last night you'll spend alone,
I'll wrap you in my arms and I won't let go,
I'm everything you need me to be.

Your parents say everything is your fault
But they don't know you like I know you they don't know you at all
I'm so sick of when they say
It's just a phase, you'll be o.k. you're fine
But I know it's a lie.

This is the last night you'll spend alone
Look me in the eyes so I know you know
I'm everywhere you want me to be.
The last night you'll spend alone,
I'll wrap you in my arms and I won't let go,
I'm everything you need me to be.

The night is so long when everything's wrong
If you give me your hand I will help you hold on
Tonight,
Tonight.

I won't let you say goodbye,
I'll be your reason why.

The last night away from me,
Away from me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Clothes

Well, that's the end! This story didn't really turn out how I had planned it from the beginning. But, I started to get writer's block and didn't really see it going anywhere. But, I hope you guys are happy with it.

The song is The Last Night by Skillet for those of you who didn't know.

Thank you everyone for reading! If you want, I have other stories that you can also check out. But, there will not be a sequel to this one.