Status: Completed. Sequel is up

The Only Thing That Should Matter Is Us

Gaining and Losing

The meeting last night was a bit boring; just how they were taking over the ministry so now to feel relaxed, I was going to the pool they had indoors and that was warmed.

Nott was visiting his parents so I was bored even more.

“Hey” a voice said next to my ear. I turned to see Draco, by himself.

“So where’s tag along?” I asked him.

“She’s sleeping over Pansy’s house tonight, something about a girl’s night,” he said getting in the warm water.

I nodded; “Can we talk?” he asked.

“Didn’t we talk last night?” I asked him.

“Yes but there’s something I need to get of my chest” he said.

I sighed; “Go ahead” I said waving my hand.

I knew he would not leave me alone until I listened. “Juliet; I love you. And I’ve decided I’m going to do what ever it takes to get you back” he said.

I smiled; “That means a lot to me; it really does. But tell me something like that when your not taken” I said going to get out of the water.

He pulled me back into the water by my arm and kissed me. I froze but pulled away quickly; “Draco I have a boyfriend” I reminded him.

“Just listen. I’ll leave you alone if you tell me that kiss meant nothing,” he said looking in my eyes.

“Draco I have a boyfriend” I repeated.

He opened his mouth to say something but I put my hand over it; “Draco I have a boyfriend but I’ll admit I still feel something” I told him.

“What are you saying?” he asked.

I sighed; “It means we can try this again,” I told him.

“So your breaking up with Nott?” he asked eagerly.

I shook my head; “Well see how this goes in secrecy. If it fails no one will ever now,” I told him.

“You want to cheat on your boyfriend?” he asked.

I looked at him; “It’d be worse if I stayed with him knowing I still feel something for you,” I said.

He nodded; “So this is a good thing?” he asked confused.

I rolled my eyes; “Get a brain,” I said hoisting myself up on my arms and out of the pool with my towel.

Once I was done showering and a tank top and sweat pants I headed towards the theatre room.

I was just tired and wanted to watch a movie wrapped in a blanket. “Mind if I join?” Draco asked sitting next to me on the couch.

“I’m starting to think your following me,” I told him.

He chuckled; “Get over yourself” he said.

I slapped his head; “I missed this,” he said.

“Me hitting you?” I asked him confused.

“No. Me making jokes about you then you hitting me then me just telling you to shut and you hitting me again till we made out” he said.

I laughed; “So you enjoyed our weird violent relationship?” I asked him.

“More than anything” he admitted looking at me.

I laughed laying my head on his shoulder; “Those were good times,” I said.

He nodded kissing me, I smiled kissing him back.

“I really do love you,” he said.

I looked at him; “I love you too,” I said as he kissed me softly.

“What time is Nott getting here?” he asked.

I looked at him; “Uhm at 6” I told him.

“So early?” he asked frowning.

I looked at him and shook my head; “If we’re going to do this your not going to talk bad about him,” I told him.

He groaned; “Fine” he said. I smiled kissing him.

“So what exactly did you say to Amanda to have her leave till tomorrow?” he asked.

I groaned getting up; “What?” he asked.

“If you’re going to mention that little wench I’m leaving,” I told him.

He chuckled pulling me down to his lap and kissing my neck.

“Want to tell me?” he asked.

“Fine; I warned her not to ruin the way my life is going” I said.

“How exactly would she do that?” he asked confused.

“Have you seen her dark mark?” I asked him.

He nodded; “Does it look familiar?” I asked him.

“Sort of; I mean at first when I saw it I thought she copied it from your arm” he said.

I nodded; “Ya did I ever tell you I have a twin? I found out two years ago,” I told him.

“And Amanda’s your sister” he finished the equation.

I nodded; “Why did your parents give her up?” he asked.

“Because she showed no magical abilities at birth unlike me,” I told him.

“How do you know this all?” he asked.

“Snape tried teaching me occulemency; he just happened to be there” I said.

“But you don’t want her as a sister?” he asked.

I shook my head; “Draco. I grew up as an only child and I enjoyed it. I’m not going to change now because she found out who her family was,” I told him simply.

He nodded; “If that’s what you want,” he said.

“It is” I said getting up. “Where are you going?” he asked.

“To talk to mother dearest,” I said leaving.

“Mother. Could we talk?” I asked her.

“Of course sweetheart” she said motioning for me to sit with her on the couch.

“Mother; have you and father ever thought of any more children?” I asked her.

“No. Not much; why?” she asked.

“Just wondering,” I said.

“You want a sibling?” she asked.

“No just wondering if you ever did,” I told her.

“Honey what can you tell me about Draco’s little friend?” she asked suddenly.

I looked at her; “Not much” I said deviously.

“Oh really?” she asked.

I nodded; “Me and her don’t get along that much,” I told her.

“Why would that be?” she asked.

“We don’t exactly see eye to eye on whom to be friends with” I told her.

“Oh, alright” she said.

I nodded; “Why don’t you try being nice to her; all three of us could go shopping” she offered.

I froze; “Mother; why all of sudden have you decided to be nice to girls I DON’T like?” I asked her.

“Because I feel like we should get to know her” she said simply.

I looked at her; “Mother. Do not start lying to me. I know why you want to start spending time with her; and I am only going to tell you once. You start getting close to her and you’ll have her as an only daughter, because you will lose me,” I told her.

“You can’t honestly want to get close to your own twin,” she said.

“Oh but I don’t” I told her.

“But she’s your sister and I regret abandoning her” she refuted.

I looked at her; “Ok; have fun with your lost daughter, just get ready to lose me” I warned her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be helpful....