Status: one shot. :)

Marred

Demented

A smile twisted across her face, pulling the corners of her mouth up as the razor fell to the floor with a clank, the sound of the metal hitting the hard wood floor resonating throughout the tense, painful atmosphere.

Crimson death dripped down her arm, staining her porcelain skin. Her heartbeat slowed as her petite body slipped into the beginning stages of shock. The room spun before her, the dark blue walls of her room twisting into a vortex of grotesque shapes and patterns. Her blood ran to the floor, a sticky, red puddle forming with surprising speed. Her smile went from slightly twisted to full-blown demented in a matter of stuttering heartbeats.

Her last words slid from her tongue, like glue sliding from the tip of the nozzle. Despite the fact that her words were barely a whisper, she could still hear her raspy voice bounce off the walls. "I'm sorry," she heard the echo, and accepted her own apology silently.

One last silent tear slid down her cheek, landing in the thick pool of blood with a watery drip. Darkness swam before her eyes, taunting her, tempting her. Her body fought it, pushing it away. She tried to surface herself, knowing she had made a mistake. But it was too late- the damage was done, and there was no turning back. She had dug a hole she couldn't get out of, and this was it. It was over, life was coming to an end.

The blackness suffocated her, forced her under, and her breathing stopped, her lungs frozen. The world around her vanished, and she was gone.

Her eyes snapped open, focusing on the first thing that came into view. The white foam walls of the sterile room stared back at her, like a blank canvas just waiting to be splattered with another story. Her body started convulsing, shaking with a surprising violence she never knew she possessed.

The man with the white coat stood above her, a smile that mirrored her last one marring his smooth features. In his hand was a sharp needle, the point glinting with the light that shone from the fluorescent bulbs above. He slowly brought the needle to her arm as her thrashing intensified, her appendages whipping around uncontrollably.

He pushed the needle against the girl's skin, the sharp point breaking through her flesh and entering her veins. He pushed the medicine into her body, and it instantly took effect, her convulsing slowing. The medicine coursed through her veins, and the world faded to black once again, her past only a memory that haunted her every time her eyes closed.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments.<3