The Order Of Disorder

Prologue 2/2 The Concord

----------------------------------------------------------------------
The being was one of peace; a glorious survivor among the rubble.
The deity was a symbol that represented white dove among the corded time
She would be the one who'd bring safety back to the lands of old.
Yet even the purist heart could be driven downward by temptation
And with lips like lilac and the taste of intoxicating fruit she couldn't resist her enchanter's desires.
Once gone, her mistake would later turn into a conscience.
One that could possibly taint the white doves wings with a tint of vibrant red.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Rocks the color of a blushing rose stand before the tall boy, their massive structure intuiting his senses as he eyed their forms in admiration. It was his first day in his new home and already he was fascinated by the beauty of Sedona. Never in his life did he know such a place existed, seeing that most of his life he traveled around the U.S. and other countries at times.

His family was a nomadic type, never truly staying in one place for a certain amount of time before they were either back on the road or flying across the ocean. Just at the thought of his family brought a hollow smile to his lips; remember the reason why he was here in the first place.

This would be the second year though he would be without relatives, seeing this was his job to do alone. They trained him at a young age to understand the world and its history.

Dumping another box onto the outside of the tanned home, Iason realized that perhaps he should have packed lighter. It wasn't the clothes inside the brown containers that wore him down, but what his mother had packed with the clothes that made the boxes heavier.

Mothers were strange at times. They always assumed that their children would need more than what was truly acquired. It could be such a hassle at times and even annoying.

Yet, despite this he still adored his mother dearly, even if she was a frantic mess at times.

Picking up a dark navy blue backpack, he quickly searched for his cell phone. His father made sure to get him a new one since his last version kept breaking and losing signal. At times he even wondered if the phone company lied, seeing there where places that he didn't even get one bar at all.

Looking at the front, he finished unloading and gazed at the front door of the home. He still he hadn't even touched the copper handle yet, nor even glanced back to the movers that had already finished offloading the furniture and going through the garage door to head inside to place one of the modern white couches he owned.

Heaving out a sigh, he decided to leave it to the experts and stride towards the back of the fence-less home. It wasn't uncommon to see a house here without a fence, seeing that his large clay adobe home backed just to the side of an unclaimed deserted mountain. Well, almost deserted anyway, if it weren't for a few other homes that where a good mile apart.

Gazing around the yard with green eyes trained on the space, he silently wondered about his people's counterpart. They where an ancient race like his, and dated far back to the time of when the old legends from is true homeland where being told to children as a bedtime story.

Though the two have never tried to harm each other yet, he knew that didn't stop their opposites from casing trouble for others.

The Strife's would be their name, an ancient race whose culture depended on chaos alone to serve their devious purposes.

It was his mission to put a stop to their newest chosen, the one who'll hold the reincarnation of Eris's power. The Greek's goddess power was unlimited, a force that had made even the wisest and strongest of the Concord's fear for the safety of their people.

Still walking, he reflected on a few words he spoke to his relatives and such when he heard a strange sound.

Listening, he realized it was a small cry emitting from the corner of the wooded area just by the stream. Curious, he walked towards the place where the cry had risen from and found something quite odd.

There, in a meadow stood a small brown deer. The animal was still young, seeing it still held the white spots of an adolescent. It wouldn't have seem odd seeing one of them down in Sedona, having looked up some information about the wild life before he had even arrived here. Yet, what struck him was it's whimpering for, as though something was frightening the poor creature. Glancing down though he realized what it was.

It was a red viper.

"Be gone with you." He said, his voice yielding the cold blooded animal to leave the area as he kneeled down to the jeweled colored snake.

At first the viper didn't listen, and hissed a warning for the boy to back away. From the reptile's mind Iason could see the creature's thoughts where almost human like. It was odd, seeing that most animals thoughts where slightly choppy, relying on instincts through their lives then human like logic.

'You are not thy creator, but I will leave. This doe is of no concern to me anyway.' The viper hissed, the voice cold as it gave Iason a look that no viper should be capable of. It appeared almost human before it vanished, slithering away into the amber grass in a flash of red.

With the strange colored viper gone, the boy turned back to the deer. From its more instinctive thoughts he picked up the feeling gratitude though its incoherent thoughts.

Smiling, he watched as the animal trotted away, its hooves pounding against the ground before its body disappeared behind a group of bushes. At times, he wondered what it be like to simply walk away from situations like nothing happened. Yet, with many of his kind depending on him, that was just a simple thought that wouldn't matter.

It was his duty to fulfill out the order of the elders.

To eliminate the next possibility of a catastrophe, he'd needed to go to the heart of the source. If the next chosen did not agree to give up her powers in the end, he'd be forced to take certain measures that had been discussed between only him and the elders.

He just prayed it wouldn't have to come to that.

Rising to his feet, he shook his head free of the amber grass and trekked back to the adobe home. It would be lonely for a few weeks, but once he was settled in he was sure it would get better.

Murmuring to himself, he recalled a very familiar verse that his mother would tell him as though to reminded him of his destiny. It was neither harsh nor nice, just simple and matter of fact.

With one last look to the beautiful blue sky he entered through the back door of the home to help the movers. Once this was done, he'd had to focus on his currant situation and his troublesome counterpart.

------------------------------------
Among the harmonies of heaven one will emerge
This child will be either thy binding or thy demise.
If you should fail the earth will rock
And the sky will blacken in a depressing sigh.

-------------------------------------