Status: Complete.

It's Been a Lifetime Waiting

Uno

It was early September, the leaves turning all shades of golden and falling to the ground. Alice and Jasper were sitting in the room they shared, just relaxing in each others company, each of them reading a book. Then Alice gasped, freezing, her book tumbling to the floor as a series of pictures came to her.

“Alice, what do you see?” Jasper frowned, taking her hand

“It’s the girl again. The girl I keep seeing. But she’s...oh gosh, I have to go!” Alice yelped, leaping to her feet

“Go where? I’ll go with you,” Jasper asked, standing up too

“No...I need...Esme,” Alice said, confused

“Okay?” Jasper said, also confused

Sure, they love their adoptive mother with all their hearts, but why would Alice need only her?

“Tell Carlisle I’ll be at the hospital soon, and that he needs to be free,” Alice instructed

“Got it,” Jasper smiled

Alice smiled back and pecked her mate on the lips, before running out of the room in search of Esme. It didn’t take long, as Esme was painting in the living room.

“It’s the girl again. I need your help. I think...I think she trusts women easier than men,” Alice blurted

Esme lifted her head and frowned, but put down her paintbrush and followed her adopted daughter out of the room. As soon as they were out in the crisp Alaskan air, the two of them started running.

“What’s going on?” Esme asked

“That girl, the one I keep seeing, she’s in Chugach State Park and she’s going to get her leg caught in a bear trap,” Alice explained

“Why do you keep seeing her?” Esme frowned

“I can't tell you right now. Just trust me. But if we don’t get to her quickly, she’ll lose too much blood,” Alice pointed out

“I can smell human,” Esme said suddenly

Then the two vampires heard an ear-piercing scream of pain, followed by several more, indicating sheer agony.

“Damn, we’re too late, she’s already got trapped,” Alice cursed

Alice and Esme skidded to a halt when they reached a clearing, Esme’s hand flying to her mouth at the sight of a abnormally tall woman with her leg snapped in a bear trap. The woman was still shrieking in agony, her belongings scattered around her. Alice rushed over to the woman, brushing her short caramel curls away from her face. Just as she’d pictured, this human was beautiful. Pale white skin, high-defined cheekbones, plump pink lips and icy blue eyes.

“Hey, don’t worry, we’re going to help you,” Alice said firmly

“Camera,” the woman grunted

Alice’s forehead scrunched in confusion, until she spotted an expensive professional camera lying a few steps away.

“Hurry, there’s a lot of blood,” Esme urged

“Right. Esme, take her hand, I’m going to open the trap,” Alice ordered

Esme took both of the young woman’s hands in her own while Alice went down to the woman’s leg. Quickly she opened the steel trap, gasping at the sight of the mangled leg. Bone, blood and flesh. The woman shrieked again out of pain, breaking Alice out of her trance. Alice quickly threw the trap to one side, scooping the human up into her arms, careful not to breathe as she held the mangled leg carefully in her hand.

“Grab all her stuff and take it to ours, I’ll run her to Carlisle,” Alice said to Esme

“Be quick,” Esme urged

Alice just smiled and set off running. Looking down briefly, Alice noticed the human had passed out, and pushed herself to go faster. She had to save her. She knew her family's happiness depended on it.

[5 minutes later]

Alice rushed into the Emergency building of Anchorage Hospital, instantly met by Carlisle and a couple of nurses pushing a gurney. One of the nurses fainted at the sight of the young woman’s mangled leg, the other turned a nasty shade of green.

“I hope I’m not too late,” Alice said worriedly, lying her down on the gurney

“I’ll run her to the operating room now. Wait in my office with Jasper?” Carlisle suggested

Alice nodded, before suddenly realising her arm was covered in fresh blood and froze in panic. Carlisle pointed to the bathroom, before running down the corridor (human speed) with the gurney and the young woman. Alice rushed into the bathroom and quickly washed the blood off her arm, watching the red liquid swirl down the drain. Once it was all gone and her hunger was under control, Alice left and walked up the nearest stairs to Carlisle’s office. They’d been living in this small town for 3 years now, so she knew where it was like the back of her hand. And Jasper was indeed waiting for her.

“How’s the human?” Jasper asked

“Her leg is so mangled it’s scary. I hope she didn’t lose too much blood. There was so much of it,” Alice frowned

“Good thing I brought you this then, huh?” Jasper smiled

He handed her a flask of deer blood, which Alice eagerly drank. Jasper chuckled and wiped the corner of her mouth, before pecking her lips in a kiss.

“All we can do is wait,” he murmured

“I just hope the wait is worth it,” Alice nodded
♠ ♠ ♠
Veronica ‘Roni’ Miller
Cullen house
Alice Cullen Jasper Hale
Carlisle and Esme Cullen

Just a very short introduction to Veronica =]
The action starts in the next part, I promise!
This won't be the usual twilight fanfic, I can tell you now.
Comment/Subscribe?

xo