Status: it's late...i lost whatever it was i had for this, but i've found it again...can't promise quick updates, but i'm steadily writing for it!

Childhood's End.

Grace Under Pressure.

“Hey John.”

I think I could love Evan for his ability to adjust to any situation. I glanced at John, his shoulders were tense and his ears were tinged pink—interesting.

“I’m sorry I, I didn’t realize I was interrupting…I, Rodney can we…”

He hadn’t turned around to face me; looking between him and Evan I could tell they were silently communicating with each other. Evan glanced at me over John’s shoulder and smiled—one I couldn’t help but return.

“I can give you a moment. Rodney I’ll just be at the bottom of the stairs.”

He climbed to his feet in one smooth motion—I hated my life right in this moment. Gorgeous man—willing—on my bed, aroused and would be the first sex I’d have had since the idiot who interrupted us.

Evan walked towards me and I could only watch in amusement as John’s eyes followed him, turning to watch him leave. Evan walked right up to me and pulled me in for a brief yet intense kiss, a promise to pick up where we left off. Once he was through the door and a few steps down John finally let out a strangled growl.

“What the hell was that Rodney?”

I raised an eyebrow. I fought not to smirk, he was so jealous.

“A kiss and unless you were deaf and blind when we were all cozy back in your grandmother’s living room then I’m sure you can tell what’s going on. You moved on, aren’t I allowed to do the same?”

He moved and his eyes flashed with an emotion I remembered seeing only once in his eyes. He was going to tell me no.

“John, look, saying sorry will not take back anything and it won’t change or fix anything either.”

He was breathing hard through his nose; he was trying to hold back.

“Rodney…I…I’d have…I’d wait forever for you. You have to know that.”

I slumped over to my bed and plopped down on the edge.

“You know, Teyla kicked my ass the next morning. She and Ronon both actually; I had bruises for a week. My father saw us in the car that night. He’d have ruined your life John, and I wouldn’t let him do that to you.”

He slid his hands into his pockets and stared at me—hard. I felt so pathetic, recalling memories and the lame excuses that meant nothing, and he just stared at me.

“Are you happy John?”

He blinked and barely shook his head before he caught himself. He narrowed his eyes at me; cutting through me like his gaze was one of the swords I had seen hanging on the wall at Ronon’s. He squared his shoulders and took a deep breath.

“I’m sorry to have wasted your time Dr. McKay.”

With that he turned and headed towards the door, not even glancing behind him as he slammed it shut. I heard his footsteps make it halfway down the steps before a loud thud hit the building wall. I heard voices but I couldn’t make out what they were saying. After a few moments of silence I heard two sets of footsteps, one head down and the other heading up.