Well, I Feel That This Is an Explosion

When I see you it stings like hell.

The next morning, I woke up and did my normal routine. Get up, take a shower…I had this sinking feeling of regret as the hot water pattered down on my back. I don’t know how it got into me. But as the drops fell down my face, I came to a conclusion. I was going to go back. I was going to –

Suddenly I felt the urge to just…well, puke. I keeled over, and it all came out. Everything I'd had for dinner the night before and then some. I almost got sick all over again at the mess that lay before my eyes. I sighed, turning off the water and cleaning the mess up. When I stepped out of the shower, I stared in the mirror at the repulsive figure staring back.

I had become a sickly pale, and my once bright blue eyes were dull and lifeless. My cheeks had become hollowed. Frankly, I looked dead. I wrapped a towel around my waist, and walked to the temporary bedroom Kylie had set up for me. I set the towel on the bed and pulled on some loose jeans and a huge light blue t shirt. I shoved some more of my clothes into my bag, and scribbled out a simple note to Kylie.

I'll be back when warped tour is over.

--

The airport was loud crowded as I scraped up the rest of my money to buy a ticket for the next plane to Pennsylvania. People swarmed past me, wearing suits and ties to get to their meetings or simple everyday clothes so they could have an adventure. I got the ticket and waited at the gate the remaining 10 minutes, and boarded.

The plane was nearly empty. My aisle was only taken up by one other person, and I slightly recognized him past his huge sunglasses and bright red hoodie.

"Isn't it a little warm to wear a hoodie?" I asked him. He looked at me, and took the hood off.
"Yeah I know, but I'll get swarmed if I don’t wear it," he stated. I rolled my eyes.
"Why would you be swarmed?"
"Cause of this." He pushed his glasses on top of his head.
"I knew I recognized you," I told Pete Wentz.
"I think I recognize you too…you're Gabe's girlfriend, right?"
"Ex girlfriend."
"Right, nice talking to you again uh…Kelsey is it?" he asked. I shook my head.
"Kellee."

Mine and Pete's conversation lasted until we landed, and it covered nearly everything; music to friends.

When we landed, we bid our goodbyes and continued on our ways. I got a cab and told the driver where to go; the ride was silent. I paid and said a simple 'thanks', getting out at my stop.

I fished out what was left of my money and paid for a ticket. My bag made my shoulder ache, and my jeans made my legs sticky and hot. I didn't care. I continued walking, praying to find a sign of their tent. And then I spotted it. The merch tent teetered on 3 legs now, Tony managed the shirts all by himself. I sped up, dropping my bag in the corner and walking into the shade. When Tony was free of customers, I poked his shoulder. He jumped slightly, but turned around.

"Kellee!" he said, wrapping his arms around me. I grinned, saying 'hi' of course before asking him.
"Where's The Academy?" He shrugged.
"I think they're at a signing…well they have one in half an hour. It's here, so you can wait and if you want sell merch with me," he said, emphasizing the 'if you want'. I nodded, leaning against the sturdiest of the poles and waiting for the mass of fan girls to arrive. A few people came in groups, and I took that as my cue to tell Tony that I'd be right back. My plan was now in operation. I took a spot behind two girls squealing about how hot William Beckett was. I smirked to myself, shading my face with my hand and looking around. And then I spotted them; Andy was in the lead, Adam and Mike close at his heels. I heard the girls scream as William appeared, and I quickly hid my face. Slowly, the line progressed and the girls reached Tom. William was last in the line of the meet and greet, and I quickly grabbed a poster off the table, keeping my face averted as they signed it. I reached him. My plan all of a sudden seemed too complicated; he asked my name.

"Kellee," I managed without stutters. "K-E-L-L-E-E—"
"Kellee?" he said, looking up. His features lit up completely. "You came all the way here just to get me to sign a poster?" Maybe my plan was foiled just a bit – "Aww, I love you!" He bent up a bit and wrapped his arms around my neck. I blinked.
"No, I'm coming on warped with you." Suddenly his arms loosened, and he faced me.
"Thank you," he muttered, sending me a small smile. He finished signing my poster, and passed it to me. I glanced down at it, reading what he wrote.

Thanks so much for coming out. Meet me right here after the signing. I love you.

And under that, as though I was just a normal fan and that was normal to write, he signed his name. I hid a smile as I dove under the tent and sat behind Mike with Tony.

The rest of the signing was boring, and Tony and I passed time by prodding Mike's back with a stick. He jumped every time, and once even hissed a 'do that one more time I'll kill you'. We finally decided to listen to the Smashing Pumpkins on his iPod, and draw things in the dirt with sticks.

Tony and I are obviously still second graders.

--

William's face remained serious after the signing. I stood up next to him.

"You're really coming?" he asked, and I know he was trying to hide a smile. I nodded, pointing at my bag shoved sloppily in the corner in a pile of merch. "I thought you'd never agree." With that, his arms wrapped around my thin figure and his lips pressed against mine. The same electric surges that I got in high school ran up my spine.

I still loved him.

--

The barbeque band's dinner was fantastic. It was better than even my mother's cooking. Warped Tour food? Yeah, I recommend it any time.

I was sitting cross legged on the couch in The Academy's bus with the plastic plate balanced over one of my knees. I smiled to myself; William had asked me to be his girlfriend earlier that day. It wasn't romantic at all really, we were sitting on the side of a stage watching the Plain White Tees and he just turned to me and asked. It wasn't even during Hey There Delilah or anything. It was just out of the blue. But it was cute, because I could barely hear him and he had to shout it. I'd given him a quick peck on the cheek and nodded, and we shot each other random smiles throughout the day. Simple as that.

And I still love him.