Well, I Feel That This Is an Explosion

Makes you stutter when you speak.

[sorry it's so short, I leave tomorrow for the beach and won't get back til saturday]

I set a cigarette in my mouth, lighting the end of it as I thought of what William had said. Sweet, innocent little Bill that never yelled at anyone had yelled at his once best friend. Exhale. I can’t believe I came back. Inhale.

“Those things give you cancer,” came a deep voice.

Mike.

“Hey, Mike,” I said wearily. He moved my feet gently, and took the seat they had occupied.

“I heard…” I simply nodded, holding back the knot in my throat. I brought the cancer stick back to my lips, but Mike took it out and threw it onto the ground.

“He deserves better than me anyways. I broke his heart too many times.” I glanced up, it was getting dark.

“No…Listen to me, Kellee.” Mike forced my face towards him. “He never stopped loving you. He’s tried to move on, he’s tried to forget you. He’s even tried getting a new girlfriend, but they broke up the first week.”

That shattered my heart.

“You…you aren’t lying, are you?” He shook his head, giving a small smile.

“He didn’t mean to snap at you, he was just in shock that you had come back,” he explained. “He told me after that he regretted doing that. And that you looked like you were going to cry.” I sighed.

“I wasn’t going to cry,” I insisted, but my thoughts still dwelling on what he had said before. “I’m going to talk to him.” I stood up, picking up my pack of cigarettes.

“Kellee, wait, I don’t think that’s –”

But it’s too late, I’d run off.

Soon, though, I stopped; I was in such an unfamiliar place. Where would he be? What would he be doing? Did I want to find out?

I blinked, taking in my surroundings. I was in a hallway, the light dull but enough to see by. There were only two doors, I assumed they took you to either where you went onstage or a dressing room area. At the end, there was a doorway, but it stood half open. I glanced around, in feeble attempt to decide where to go.

Forward has always been a good choice for me, so onward I pressed. I gently pushed open the door, cringing at the creak that emitted from it.

A couch stood about 4 feet away from me, facing the opposite direction. There was a TV near the wall that was on, showing the stage currently. On the couch sat him. He had turned to face me, his face expressionless. I gave him a weak smile.

What was I going to say?

My feet somehow managed to get me to the couch, and I sat beside him.

“Do you really honestly hate me that much?” I whispered. “I’m sorry I left, I really regret it.” I looked at my hands.

His face stayed emotionless and blank. I bit my lip, at a loss for words.

“I really am sorry, William,” I said. He nodded.

“I’m sorry, too, for caring.”

“I never stopped loving you…” I said. “I wasn’t thinking when I left. I don’t even know why I left. I guess I had everything coming at me at once.”

“You’re ranting,” he pointed out. I sighed. He probably wasn’t listening to me, much less want to.

“Remember in high school, when we had to be enemies because I was best friends with Mike?” I asked, suppressing a smile. He nodded. I inhaled, quickly thinking over how to say the next part. “Well…it’s kind of like that now, but we don’t have a reason.”

“We do, though, Kellee.” I gave up.

“You know what William?” I glared at him. “I’m sorry for trying. I can’t believe I thought you’d care that I came back. You’re an asshole, William Beckett. I can’t believe what fame’s done to you.”

And with that, I stood up and walked out. I held back tears, as I made my way down the halls.

I can’t believe I came that far just to get let down.

“Hey, you okay?” someone called softly once I had reached the exit. I turned, seeing Mike giving a concerned smile from one of the doorways. I shook my head.

“He hates me.”

“No, Kellee, he doesn’t,” he whispered, walking towards me and wrapping his arms around me. I let the tears pour into his shirt, as his arms ran up and down my back.

“Kellee, please calm down, I hate seeing you like this,” he murmured into my ear after awhile. I shook my head, barely able to see him due to the tears blurring my vision. I felt his hand lift up and wipe away my tears. A fresh set came leaking out the moment the others had been wiped off. He pulled me back so my head was resting on his shoulder.

And then he did the unexpected.

He tilted his head, and kissed me.