Well, I Feel That This Is an Explosion

Eastbound traffic.

A week passed, that week turning into four, and the four growing into a month. I had began to think William had forgotten about me, until I heard the shrill ringing of the phone one morning.

As you probably had thought, it was William. I had been half asleep in bed; it was about half an hour past 2 in the morning. I let out a low groan as I extended my thin arm towards the device. I pulled my arm back so the phone was pressed against my ear.

“Hello?” I asked, trying to mask my fatigue. I wasn’t exactly failing, but I wasn’t doing the best either.
“Kellee?”
“William?”
“Yup. Sorry I’m calling so late, I couldn’t sleep.” His voice was somewhat comforting, and I felt like I had one less thing to worry about.
“It’s okay, I can’t sleep either,” I lied. “I’m glad you called.”
“I’m sorry I didn’t get the time to earlier. I just got back last week.” I smiled, sighing slightly.
“It’s okay, I understand.” I wish I wasn’t such a pushover and I could actually show some backbone.
“Kellee, I’d like to see you again.”
“So come see me,” I said, a grin making its way over my tired face.

--

A week later, I was rushing to finish getting ready. I had overslept, and William was coming over that very day. I had to be perfect. We didn’t have anything planned except catching up, maybe going and grabbing a coffee. Barely a second after I had finished brushing my hair, 13 past 1 o’clock, a loud knocking interrupted my thoughts. I jumped slightly, glancing over myself in the mirror before proceeding to go open the door. When it swung open, he stood there with his crooked smile spread across his face. He side hugged me, as I lead him inside and into the living room. His thin body sank into the cushions, which appeared to swallow him up. This caused a moment of slight laughter on my part.
“So…” I managed to say.
“So,” he mimicked. I bit my tongue to keep from giggling. “How have you spent your year or so without me?” Awkward.
“Um…I got a job at um, Starbucks, and um…” I was tripping nervously over my words.
“It’s okay.” He set his hand on my arm.Stop tingling. I gently tugged my arm free, staring down at my feet. Well, this was awkward. “Let’s go get coffee.” I nodded, that being the only thing I could do, and stood up with him.

Two frappes and a fourth of a cookie later, we were walking towards his car to go back to his place to listen to some CDs “or something”.
“Can I hold your hand?” I heard him whisper in my ear. I turned my head to face him.
“What?”
“Can I. Hold your. Hand.” I blinked, then nodded slowly, feeling tingles erupt where our skin made contact. “Is this okay?” I half smiled, and nodded again. As we approached his car, our hands fell apart so he could dig through his pocket for the keys. A smile played along his lips as he shoved them into the ignition.
“Why are you smiling?” I suddenly realized how stupid that must’ve sounded.
“Because, I’m here with you.” He turned and faced me so that his brown eyes met mine. “Can I kiss you?” My heart seemed to stop beating for a second as I processed that.
“What?” He laughed quietly, before pressing his lips to mine. My eyes stayed wide open for a second, before slowly closing. His hands slid up my arms and onto my cheeks, gently pulling me closer to him. He pulled away after a minute before staring me straight in the eyes.
“I’m never going to let you leave me again, Kellee.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Short but sweet. I just got the Remember Maine CD off ebay. It's amazing, I recommend you give it a listen. William Beckett + acoustic guitar = <3. I think that's why I love From The Carpet and The Academy EP so much.