Mibbzworld

Down the Rabbit Hole

Once upon a time, there was a place full of magic and adventures, where if you didn't watch your feet, there was no telling where you might be swept off to. There, in this place of happiness and delight, lived all sorts of fantastical creatures and beings that many think to only exist in dreams. And in a way, they are right, for Mibbzworld is a place of dreams: a place where all things are possible.

Our story begins with an average girl named Molly. She lives in a small town in The Middle of Nowhere, Illinois. Her life is average. She is 18 years old, has gray eyes, and her hair can only be described as a bronze or copper color.

One day, Molly goes hiking through the woods in her favorite forest, making her way through the underbrush step by step. Eventually, she gets to the place she loves most: the waterfall. Like always, the water is flowing majestically down in hundreds of gallons per minute. It is truly a sight to see. Taking deep breaths - a little exhausted from the long trek - and wiping her bangs out of her eyes, she sits down on the cliff on the edge of the waterfall, watching and listening, even marveling at its beauty.

With the sun beating down on her, she soon gets very hot and decides to go stand under the waterfall. As she nears it, the mist that makes tiny rainbows everywhere causes her flat ironed hair to go all curly. Holding out her hand, she slowly lets it submerge into the pouring water. She finds it difficult to hold it out straight because of the pressure, but smiles in appreciation of such a force of nature.

She decides then that instead of standing directly under it, she will try to edge her way behind it. Flattening her back against the cliff, she starts scooting along inch by inch to her right. Finally, as half of her body is behind it, the cliff wall gives way to a large open space with little light behind the waterfall.

---

As my body fully submerges behind the waterfall, I take a moment to wipe my eyes before looking around. When I do, my wondering thoughts of all these years are finally answered. Behind the waterfall is a cave, and a very deep cave at that. Squinting my eyes, I attempt to look further into it, hoping to perhaps see some sort of split off that leads to a complex system of tunnels and what not, but it's useless. I decide to try my luck by venturing into it little by little, making sure to keep my hand against the cave wall to my right at all times.

The echos of the waterfall are almost deafening in here. It's as if the sound is literally being shoved into my ears, but I concentrate on my newly formed goal: finding out what's in this cave. With each step I take, the temperature drops and the light fades even more. After about fifty yards, I'm completely blind and goosebumps have raised on my arms, and the hair on the back of my neck is standing up. The cave walls have closed in, and now I use both of my hands against them as guides. I test each step before I take it, which is laborious, but my curiosity gets the best of me.

I half expect the cave walls to turn slimy, but they remain the cold, wet, and grainy texture they have been from the start. I think I'm about a hundred yards in now and that this tunnel is never going to end. I start thinking about whether any humans have ever even been down here before, and if they have, how long it's been, but just before my mind goes too astray, I catch a glimpse of a faint light several yards in front of me. With this new-found hope, I begin to move at a quicker pace, still weary of each step.

Although it feels like it has been forever since I entered this cave, it takes hardly any time at all to reach the ever-growing light before me. The closer I get, the harder it is to stretch my arms to reach both sides of the cave walls until I no longer can. I continue forward, straight and fast. I feel my pupils contract as the light gets brighter, causing me a small amount of discomfort due to how big they must have been in the blackness of the cave.

The light is literally blinding now. Stupid as it may be, I close my eyes and continue forward still. Soon, I can hear the sound of rushing water again, and I start to get the feeling that I've just somehow gone in a big circle, but just as I begin to lose hope, my outstretched hands feel a rushing water against them. I open my eyes and see a waterfall.

At first, I assume it is the one through which I entered, but at second glance, I see that this waterfall is not the same one at all. It is wider and somehow much more... magical. Although the water appears to be rushing down, it feels but a trickle compared to the pressure of the other. Without giving it much though, I take two steps forward and am now standing under the pouring water.

It feels so good, like a thousand silk angels are wrapping me in their arms. My skin tingles; my body feels electric. Every hair stands up as a feeling of endorphins rushing through my veins fills me from head to toe. I spin in circles under the water, smiling and laughing, truly elated.

When I finally step out onto the other side of the waterfall and open my eyes, I am literally in shock of what I see.

My eyes are wide, trying to take everything in at once. I'm certain my mouth is hanging open, but I manage to mutter two words.

"It's beautiful."
♠ ♠ ♠
The "---" indicates a change of POV. The rest of the story will be told through Molly's POV; this is subject to change by request.