Status: ahhhh screw it. I'll get around to updating this sometime soon.

Deadly Nightshade

Chapter Three.

I've never liked waking up to sunshine. I've always hated the sun for being too bright, too hot, and too...happy. I'm not an unhappy person, really. I just don't like waking up bright and early everyday. It usually takes me around half and hour to actually wake up and get my lazy ass out of bed. Today was no exception.

I spread out on my bed, reaching my arms up and my legs out, hoping that sleep would come for me again, but it doesn't. My eyes shot open as I felt a sunken-in, warm spot next to where I usually sleep. It wasn't a dream. Kain really was real. And he spent the night with me. God, that sounds weird...

I sat up in bed, my head swirling like always as I stumble toward my bathroom. The toothpaste felt like chalk in my mouth, but my teeth were soon pearly white and my face sparkling clean. My silky boxers and black wife-beater rustled and I trekked down the stairs, hoping for the best; my mother alone and making pancakes. (Like that would ever happen. The most she's cooked is eggs and Pizza Hut.)

I narrowed my eyes at the sight of my mother giggling and speaking to someone in the kitchen. She was seated comfortably on our green and blue dinner chairs, her legs folded underneath her. I stepped closer without her noticing me and observed the sparkle now present in her eyes. My eyes softened at this, and I tried to make my presence known by coughing and smiling at her.

Her head whipped around to look at me and she grinned the largest grin I have ever seen. She gestured for me to come in and I glanced over to the stove where someone was making food. In front of an oiled pan stood the tall, dashing figure of Kain, dress in his dark clothes with an apron made to look like a cocktail dress. My jaw dropped as I stared at him, mesmerized by the blinding smile he had bestowed upon me.

He walked over to me with perfect golden pancakes and fake sausage and set it on my plate, brushing past me softly. He smelled amazing...like the forest, and dark chocolate, and rain, and something metallic. I controlled my shiver and sat down, giving him a stern look as I dug into my breakfast. I couldn't even concentrate on what Kain and my mother were talking about. I only watched his biceps ripple when he ran his hand through his soft, shining hair. I was afraid I was visibly drooling.

"...Airin!" my mother yelled. I jumped and stared at her in shock, glancing at the amusement in Kain's eyes. "I've been talking to you, Airin! Sometimes...." she trailed off with a chuckle. "I was just trying to ask where you met Kain, and why you never told me you had a boyfriend!"

My eyes shot toward Kain and I glared with all my might. "Well this is the first time I'm hearing this." I grumbled. He smiled innocently and turned to wash the dishes. My mother turned to me and winked suggestively. He's a keeper she mouthed. I rolled my eyes and took my plate over to the sink.

"What did she just say?" I hissed at Kain. He chuckled and shrugged.

"I needed an excuse on why I was in your bedroom this morning. So I told her you were awake this morning and you called me here." he stated proudly. I looked at him with an astounded expression and shook my head. "I thought this whole "I saved you thing" would stay that way!"

"Well, I'll explain it later, Air. Not in front of your mother." he whispered, but when I turned around, my mother was already gone, most likely smoking and reading a book. I sighed and helped him dry the dishes.

"Fine. But you will explain everything to me. Leave nothing out. I want to know why you're here." I said softly, glaring at him jokingly.

"You've got a deal" he said, kissing my forehead.
♠ ♠ ♠
:] comment please? I have 5 subscribers! :D